Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Yeah, just read the article and I can confirm that sequence of events GeordieT posted is what transpires from the article. Mean cold stuff, this.

Can you translate this bit please:  En Norwich, Jonás jugó algunos partidos hasta que se lesionó el gemelo y cuando iba a volver a jugar descubrió un dolor en sus riñones, en los que le descubrieron ganglios.

"In Norwich, Jonás played some games until he suffered a calf injury. When he was about to return he discovered a pain in his liver, and they found [it had spread to] his nodes."

Couple of my mates on FB having a go at me because they don't see what the club has done wrong. Is it just me? :(

Depends. If he's found this out in the summer, the club have given him leave but not divulged to anyone why at his request then the club have done everything right.

Seems to depend on the timeline really, think a few facts wouldn't go amiss, one in English as well.

I think I understand now, he had testicular cancer, it was removed and he went on loan to Norwich. From here he got pain in his kidneys and it turned out that the initial cancer had spread to his lymph nodes in his kidneys, which has required chemotherapy.

Cheers for the info Troll. Make sense now. :thup:

Looking at the basic info like that, NUFC doesn't come off in any form of good light. He had cancer and we sent him out on loan. Also he paid for the operation himself. Pretty shitty setup all round.

So are people saying we should've played him because he had his testicle removed?

1. He had his testicle removed

2. He got fit and wanted to play

3. Pardew didn't have a place for him in the team

4. We sent him on loan

5. He played

6. Found out it had spread

7. Got treatment in Argentina

Close?

The article says the club didn't support him during his illness, and he took care of everything by himself. It's a short sentence by the journo - not even a quote by Jonás -, so it doesn't clarify the circumstances around it (Jonás himself may have wished to do it this way).

We really need a banner for this man. Hba gets one for being a good player. Imagine the boost it could give him to show we care!

No way club would not encurge this.

Or if we all donate buy 1000 get well soon cards to the club

The article says the club didn't support him during his illness, and he took care of everything by himself. It's a short sentence by the journo - not even a quote by Jonás -, so it doesn't clarify the circumstances around it (Jonás himself may have wished to do it this way).

Wow. No words to describe how awful that is.

We really need a banner for this man. Hba gets one for being a good player. Imagine the boost it could give him to show we care!

:thup:

Guest Geordiesned

So are people saying we should've played him because he had his testicle removed?

1. He had his testicle removed

2. He got fit and wanted to play

3. Pardew wasn't allowed to play him as that would have triggered a clause in his contract meaning club had to give him a contract extension

4. We sent him on loan

5. He played

6. Found out it had spread

7. Got treatment in Argentina

Close?

FYP

:thup:

Should start donations and see about getting a massive banner together for the weekend.

There is no reason to criticise the club until more information is released, to be honest. While the club have told us nothing, it is also important to note that Jonas, himself, has also been invisible for a long period of time. He may have preferred things this way. Mostly, I just have thoughts and prayers for him. For the years he has been at the club, Gutierrez has been a great professional and seemed a good man. I hope to be reading articles about him fully recovering and continuing with football or the next stage of his life, in the coming months.

Forget the club, we know nothing about how they handled this. Any reports of getting sent back to Argentina is more than likely 'compassionate' and nothing released publically was probably Jonas' request. Now it's out i expect Pardew to release a statement.

Get well soon Gutierrez lad.

As expected, from the Mirror.

Gutierrez's health problem has been known about within Newcastle for almost a year, but his privacy respected.

The 31-year-old drifted out of the first team picture last season and was loaned to Norwich in January.

He added: "I removed the left testicle. I returned to England and Newcastle told me to leave."

Newcastle instructed reporters not to persist in questioning why Gutierrez was absent for a period last season, out of respect for the situation.

Gutierrez will continue his treatment and recovery in Argentina.

Confused on the timeline but when did Colo dissapear to Argentina?

About a year before Jonas went to Norwich.

Ok, bed time :lol:

He's been back a few times iirc but that's the most famous one.

He went back home before the Southampton game as well.