Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

work rate against football, jonas against marveaux...if you r a coach who do you pick up?

one year later, pardew starts to see, coach of the one year later..

Bit unfair, Marv has had two huge injuries.

Guest bimpy474

I dont think i can remember a player for us or anyone else get caught on the ball as much as he does nowadays.

Shocking at the moment.

work rate against football, jonas against marveaux...if you r a coach who do you pick up?

yes it's true, but if i'm a coach and i know a player can bring something to my team, i play him every time i can...

sometimes marveaux was not even on the bench, for pardew he was not good enough, like ben arfa last year...

let him play 5 games, and we l'see the difference in the style of play of the team

but i know, i m not a coach :)

yes it's true, but if i'm a coach and i know a player can bring something to my team, i play him every time i can...

sometimes marveaux was not even on the bench, for pardew he was not good enough, like ben arfa last year...

let him play 5 games, and we l'see the difference in the style of play of the team

He's over cautious with those types of players, wants to up their work rate so they aren't a liability, it went on too long for hba, but end result we got a better player for it. Add to that the injuries I can see why it's taken longer with Marv, hopefully this is his breakthrough game, but he's got to stay fit, that I have less confidence in going off his medical history.

Fingers crossed eh?

Looks absolutely glue at the moment. Needs dropping to kick him in the arse again.

What good would that do? He's always been a relatively poor player who gets by on athleticism. He isn't going to get younger because you take him out of the team or slap his backside.

He's over cautious with those types of players, wants to up their work rate so they aren't a liability, it went on too long for hba, but end result we got a better player for it. Add to that the injuries I can see why it's taken longer with Marv, hopefully this is his breakthrough game, but he's got to stay fit, that I have less confidence in going off his medical history.

Fingers crossed eh?

For me, ben arfa is not a better player than two/three years ago... remember his match against everton, this is kind of a legend to say that pardew has changed "ben arfa"..he just needed games to not prove every minute that he could be a starter.

Looks absolutely glue at the moment. Needs dropping to kick him in the arse again.

What good would that do? He's always been a relatively poor player who gets by on athleticism. He isn't going to get younger because you take him out of the team or slap his backside.

Just previously when he's been dropped/had his position threatened he's come back with a bit of fire in his belly. He's very comfortable at the minute I think, his place is pretty much guaranteed. It'll make a man lackadaisical. 

Love the bloke but whenever he gets the ball now I desperately hope he shifts it as soon as possible. Never had any end product but his work rate was top notch and he could draw a foul but he fails to do that these days so is left with not much left. Real shame.

Guest hatem garrincha

:lol:

Just previously when he's been dropped/had his position threatened he's come back with a bit of fire in his belly. He's very comfortable at the minute I think, his place is pretty much guaranteed. It'll make a man lackadaisical. 

He was out of the team for 2 games if memory serves and didn't really come back any better than when he was dropped.