Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest firetotheworks

You're cherry picking Keefaz. Jonas has at least 2 assists this season, and has been involved in one way or another in most of our goals. My point was that you've went to the extremes on both Barton and Jonas.

You're cherry picking Keefaz. Jonas has at least 2 assists this season, and has been involved in one way or another in most of our goals. My point was that you've went to the extremes on both Barton and Jonas.

I AM EXTREME!

I like him but he literally has no idea what to do with a football.

Haway man, that's ridiculous.

Is it? I use the ball better than him, ffs.

Give Chris a call then, we could use you.

I'm with Keefaz on this like. His vision is pretty horrible, but he's got other qualities that makes up for it.

He's been good for us this season, especially since HBA got injured.

I'm not trying to say his 'vision' is great, that's not his game.

If we want vision then he's obviously not the player. If we get a player with vision for the LW then he would likely lack other things that Jonas has... pace, energy, workrate, carrying the ball forward  occupying defenders etc.

I don't see the point in criticising him for lack of vision, we know he's not a world-class playmaker.

You need vision to play on the wing as well, different type of vision from that of a playmaker, but still vision.

Wasn't that the point of Keefaz's post though? That he can't see what he is supposed to with the ball once he gets it?

That's it in a nutshell. He needs to stop hiding: at the moment he seems scared to release the ball in case he loses possession. It's no way to play, man.

Surely you can't accuse Jonas of hiding! He's the most fearless player on the team. Always takes up the responsibility of carrying the ball and running at players and it takes a lot of pressure of the team a lot of times. He will get his passes wrong at times and his final ball also, but he's also delivering some decent balls a good amount now also. Really happy with him at the moment.

I like him but he literally has no idea what to do with a football.

Haway man, that's ridiculous.

Is it? I use the ball better than him, ffs.

Give Chris a call then, we could use you.

I'm with Keefaz on this like. His vision is pretty horrible, but he's got other qualities that makes up for it.

He's been good for us this season, especially since HBA got injured.

I'm not trying to say his 'vision' is great, that's not his game.

If we want vision then he's obviously not the player. If we get a player with vision for the LW then he would likely lack other things that Jonas has... pace, energy, workrate, carrying the ball forward  occupying defenders etc.

I don't see the point in criticising him for lack of vision, we know he's not a world-class playmaker.

You need vision to play on the wing as well, different type of vision from that of a playmaker, but still vision.

Wasn't that the point of Keefaz's post though? That he can't see what he is supposed to with the ball once he gets it?

That's it in a nutshell. He needs to stop hiding: at the moment he seems scared to release the ball in case he loses possession. It's no way to play, man.

Surely you can't accuse Jonas of hiding! He's the most fearless player on the team. Always takes up the responsibility of carrying the ball and running at players and it takes a lot of pressure of the team a lot of times. He will get his passes wrong at times and his final ball also, but he's also delivering some decent balls a good amount now also. Really happy with him at the moment.

Takes the easy option too often: rarely tries to beat his marker in crucial areas often relying on Enrique to overlap. Rarely passes the ball in the final third. Fair enough, he's a limited passer and plays to his strengths, but it gets on my wick.

Takes the easy option too often: rarely tries to beat his marker in crucial areas often relying on Enrique to overlap. Rarely passes the ball in the final third. Fair enough, he's a limited passer and plays to his strengths, but it gets on my wick.

Gets on my wick how easy he falls over.

He's a strong f*cker and he can barge through players if he wanted to, like the goal he scored against Man City.

Jonás Gutiérrez. "El Camino del Sueño"

on a certain video site.

Appears to be a documentary about him in Spanish, lots of footage from when he was a bairn playing small-sided games and interviews with his family.

Wish it had subtitles.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonás Gutiérrez. "El Camino del Sueño"

on a certain video site.

Appears to be a documentary about him in Spanish, lots of footage from when he was a bairn playing small-sided games and interviews with his family.

Wish it had subtitles.

This is where Village Idiot could become Village Legend. ;)

Guest neesy111

He's a strong f*cker and he can barge through players if he wanted to, like the goal he scored against Man City.

This, I'm sure I saw Wilshire knock him over first-half.

This, I'm sure I saw Wilshire knock him over first-half.

Although Wilshire surprised me on the day how fiesty he is.  I'm sure he was scrapping against Carroll for a loose ball yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Out of his 33 passes yesterday, 32 of them were successful.

Very low number though, he attempted 58 in the win at West Ham.

Guardian Chalkboards have it at 32 out of 38 passes successful, the 6 that weren't look like crosses. Majority of his passes were short passes down the left flank with José - not really productive.