Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

It's misplaced. Give him credit for trying by all means but what's gonna happen when a genuinely good player leaves when he doesn't really want to?

Does that ever happen? I am struggling to remember when a genuinely good player left the club against their will. Scott Parker (mixed opinions on how good he was) was reported to want to stay but I can't think of one since then.

Edit: Joey Barton  ;)

Guest Roger Kint

It's misplaced. Give him credit for trying by all means but what's gonna happen when a genuinely good player leaves when he doesn't really want to?

Does that ever happen? I am struggling to remember when a genuinely good player left the club against their will. Scott Parker (mixed opinions on how good he was) was reported to want to stay but I can't think of one since then.

We are a selling club, they all are pushed out surely? ;)

Who in this squad would you give a better send off too then Ronaldo...you don't rate our current captain and vice captain who have been good servants as well.

Struggling to see who amongst this bunch you want given a good send off and not being a piss take. Do Cabaye and Ben Arfa deserve the best send offs because they've got the most talent? That how it works?

Possibly Carroll, although that deal was inevitable for the money involved.

Parker, Bellamy, Robert.

Yup I mentioned Parker, both he and Bellamy carried on playing at a high level. Robert had been great but was a spent force when he left though, did nothing afferwards. Those were all a few years back, no one for the last 6 years unless you do count Barton, whose on going value to the club was debateable. 

Possibly Carroll, although that deal was inevitable for the money involved.

Maybe - there was clearly a desire for the club to cash in (rightly imo) but I do think Carroll wanted out as he was offered a staggering wage that we wouldn't match. I suspect he may have had some regrets since though.

I just remember far better players not getting anything like this kind of love when they left. I'm all for appreciating his efforts but this is a pisstake. We're well shot of a nice guy but an awful player.

We had him for 5 years and theres no way he's been an awful player for that whole time. Last couple of years he's been poor to average but only a handful of games he's been 'awful'.

When we signed him he was very highly rated across the globe. Both Messi and Maradona have publicly stated their appreciation of him in the past.

Robert also had plenty of awful games for arguments sake..

Bellamy and Robert, although better players than Jonas, were difficult characters that divided supporters with their antics.  It isn't exactly a surprise that people might look to the character of the player in question when expressing emotions relating to the player's departure.

I just remember far better players not getting anything like this kind of love when they left. I'm all for appreciating his efforts but this is a pisstake. We're well shot of a nice guy but an awful player.

We had him for 5 years and theres no way he's been an awful player for that whole time. Last couple of years he's been poor to average but only a handful of games he's been 'awful'.

When we signed him he was very highly rated across the globe. Both Messi and Maradona have publicly stated their appreciation of him in the past.

Robert also had plenty of awful games for arguments sake..

Agreed - Jonas was rarely awful for us.

Robert got more goals and assists in his last season as a starter than Jonas did in his entire 6 seasons with us. I don't care if he smiled for the cameras or not. All I care about is the application of quality on the field.

Guest firetotheworks

Robert got more goals and assists in his last season as a starter than Jonas did in his entire 6 seasons with us. I don't care if he smiled for the cameras or not. All I care about is the application of quality on the field.

Why does it even matter? Robert didn't get the same send off because he didn't put in the same amount of graft as Jonas. Obviously graft isn't everything and players like Smith and Butt put in effort, but were totally awful. Jonas wasn't albeit for one season when he was.

He had his faults, but people will always appreciate effort if you have something to offer the team

Guest bimpy474

Dont get this well done for being a good servant to the club stuff. Gets paid £50,000 a week to be like that. I'd be a good fucking servant for that money like. If by good servant we mean he wasn't a fucking massive bellend like Barton, and wasn't causing trouble then fair enough.

Anyway, good servant, a very nice lad, bang average foootballer. Bye.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont get this well done for being a good servant to the club stuff. Gets paid £50,000 a week to be like that. I'd be a good fucking servant for that money like. If by good servant we mean he wasn't a fucking massive bellend like Barton, and wasn't causing trouble then fair enough.

This all over, fair enough he seemed a good bloke but thats not my concern as a fans tbh

This all over, fair enough he seemed a good bloke but thats not my concern as a fans tbh

Given the shite we've had with cuntish players in the past, it definitely is my concern. I don't think the personality of players should be glossed over like this. IYAM, you fill your squad full of talented pricks, you'll win fuck all.

Not everything boils down to money you know.

Does in football unfortunately.

Well exactly, you see countless players come and go that have been paid similar money to Jonas but have not appeared to give a fuck about the club.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Not everything boils down to money you know.

Does in football unfortunately.

Well exactly, you see countless players come and go that have been paid similar money to Jonas but have not appeared to give a fuck about the club.

Well i would say in Jonas's case, he was being paid and playing for a club in a league above his actual ability. Hence him not really wanting to leave, and a manager who picked him no matter what. Now that manager no longer picks him, he wants to go and play.

I admire him for wanting to play, but maybe i'm a bit cynical but i'm going to fawn over his loyalty with my view in the sentence above.