Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Were you happy with his 'contribution' in 08-09 then?

He's slowed down with age, that's about it. He's never been a good PL winger.

Can barely dribble and can't cross or shoot.

World beater tbh

World beater tbh

So now Jonas could barely dribble? The fuck were the opposing fullbacks doing then when he came here? End product was always abysmal but can't see how anyone could say he couldn't get past his man. :lol:

World beater tbh

So now Jonas could barely dribble? The fuck were the opposing fullbacks doing then when he came here? End product was always abysmal but can't see how anyone could say he couldn't get past his man. :lol:

Good dribbler in his first few seasons, certainly.

eushi gutierrez ‏@Eushiguti Protected Tweets  2h

some #Norwich fans are proper aggressive .. No as nice as #NewcastleFans #theToon #loveForTheteam always

:lol:

Class. :lol:

- He was fantastic in his first few appearances in 08-09, understandably went to shit as the club descended into chaos

- Paired up very well with Enrique and dominated the Championship and was solidly "better than replacement" level in 10-11.

- Since 11-12 he has been in gradual decline except for some very good shifts as a DM towards the end of 11-12.

So all around it's been a very inconsistent Newcastle career for him, but I don't think it's fair to say he's never been good.

World beater tbh

So now Jonas could barely dribble? The f*** were the opposing fullbacks doing then when he came here? End product was always abysmal but can't see how anyone could say he couldn't get past his man. :lol:

Good dribbler in his first few seasons, certainly.

He beat his man sure, i'm not sure how much he knew about it though.

I liked his commitment, he could win a foul although sometimes I was a little embarrassed about how easy he went down even if the challenge was poor.

Comes across as a good character. I think I'll always have a bit of love for the guy but he'd never be up there as one of our better players.

Would have been interesting to see him under Keegan more. I don't think his crossing and scoring would have particularly improved but I think he would have told him and instructed him to play like that Man Utd game as if it was the norm.

I liked his commitment, he could win a foul although sometimes I was a little embarrassed about how easy he went down even if the challenge was poor.

Comes across as a good character. I think I'll always have a bit of love for the guy but he'd never be up there as one of our better players.

Every time he got a free kick, the past year or so I was pissed off at him for getting it, due to how awful we are at set pieces. :lol:

Jonas winning a free kick basically ended whatever attack we had.

Every time he got a free kick, the past year or so I was pissed off at him for getting it, due to how awful we are at set pieces. :lol:

Staying on his feet did the same though :lol:

Every time he got a free kick, the past year or so I was p*ssed off at him for getting it, due to how awful we are at set pieces. :lol:

Staying on his feet did the same though :lol:

At least the inevitable Willo free kick routine could be avoided :lol:

• 2 months later...

Most recent news suggests he has a new bint

http://www.ciudad.com.ar/sites/default/files/imagecache/cathair-620x380-nocrop/2014/07/07/alemhopme.jpg

Ale Maglietti, further pics fans.