Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Beginning to lose patience with Jonas now, which is probably overdue because he usually gives it his all and seems a genuine bloke. He just isn't good enough if we want to go anywhere. It's infuriating as fuck when he does all the hard work but then cannot cross the ball effectively - this happened at least three times today where he had a great first touch and/or beat the full back but then passed it away or straight to the goalkeeper. It probably wouldn't be such an annoyance if our main striking option was in a different style to Carroll. Routledge gave him an absolute lesson in wing play today IMO.

Not his fault that he's the only option out there like.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Jonas has been playing badly for quite a while now. When he was dropped earlier in the season when HBA came in, he gave some of his best performances trying to win his place back, I remember City away he was a man possessed!

I'm sick of him like, usually effort and commitment is one thing you can't question with him but I thought even that was lacking at times today, along with the usual failings.  Looked like he didn't want to be out there. 

Then out of nowhere he goes on a brilliant run down the left and you remember why he's there.

Then his ball across the box finds a blue shirt and it's back to square one.

I'm sick of him like, usually effort and commitment is one thing you can't question with him but I thought even that was lacking at times today, along with the usual failings.  Looked like he didn't want to be out there. 

Then out of nowhere he goes on a brilliant run down the left and you remember why he's there.

Then his ball across the box finds a blue shirt and it's back to square one.

It didn't help that our movement was poor up front, Routledge, Jonas, Tiote and Barton were all looking for movement and struggling at times.  Jonas isn't great but he's not our biggest problem either.

It does not help that when he does beat his man and put a decentish cross in our strikers are so static its unbelievable.

Fed a ball into Nolan on the pen spot in 1st half and Nolan mis controlled.

Routledge also put some great crosses in today but Nolan and Carroll would either be standing still or to slow to react!

He's approaching 28 and can't strike a football, it's not going to get any better, man.

This isn't FM man, if shit strikers like Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora can just "work hard in training" and they turn into England international than defintley he can improve a bit, although i doubt he will honestly.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's approaching 28 and can't strike a football, it's not going to get any better, man.

This isn't FM man, if s*** strikers like Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora can just "work hard in training" and they turn into England international than defintley he can improve a bit, although i doubt he will honestly.

As opposed to your very FMish idea of making him work on it in training. "Peter Beardsley thinks you should put Jonas Gutierrez on a regime to improve his crossing" :lol:

Guest neesy111

It does not help that when he does beat his man and put a decentish cross in our strikers are so static its unbelievable.

Fed a ball into Nolan on the pen spot in 1st half and Nolan mis controlled.

Routledge also put some great crosses in today but Nolan and Carroll would either be standing still or to slow to react!

Dont blame our strikers on his poor crossing, he can't even get it off the ground most of the time.  He can't cross at 28 and never will.

Really didn't think he as that bad yesterday.  I do agree that Jonas' crossing, but seriously you'd think from the sounds of people on here that crossing is an exact science.  Crossing has a hugely high unsuccessful completion rate.  Would be interested to see what our team's stats are for cross completion.

Still think his ability to run at players, win free kicks and generally unsettle defenders is underrated.  Really is not a priority to replace.

I think alot of people (me included) forget Jonas is crossing on his weaker foot. I know when i play i can take a touch and just about pass on my weak foot, so i can't imagine how difficult it must be to put a cross in while sprinting on my weak foot.