Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Could only see him being a Nolan deputy. Would be better back up than the alternatives mind.

who really are the alternatives? Nolan's an attacking centre mid Barton seems to be the only onee who could play that position well at this level but then we lose a right mid and Guthrie's proved he's useless at this level.

Could only see him being a Nolan deputy. Would be better back up than the alternatives mind.

who really are the alternatives? Nolan's an attacking centre mid Barton seems to be the only onee who could play that position well at this level but then we lose a right mid and Guthrie's proved he's useless at this level.

Smith and Guthrie  :celb:

Pardew did confirm that he would be scouring the Championship and League One for players capable of stepping up.

:kinnear:

FML.

It's not even just that. The whole article pretty much says "There's some really good players abroad...but I don't know any of them so I'm going to buy some shit from League One since I know that league."

Pardew did confirm that he would be scouring the Championship and League One for players capable of stepping up.

:kinnear:

Wahey, I knew he'd fuck up one of them eventually.

League 1 man :facepalm: Someone who already can't get near our first time has been on of League 1's best players this season.

Judging by previous signings in pretty recent times we should not bother signing Keane types. On loan it is a win win though and I don't think Ashley is going to fund the signing of a good youngish striker which would cost 5m+ surely. Doesn't even matter though because according to them we are on our way to becoming the barca model! Good times.

Funniest thing, all of our current crop of homegrown wonders were scouted/signed under a board that ended up being chased out of town (and rightly so).

!! there is hope!

When did Carroll actually burst into scene? Four years ago or something? (I remember him being a substitute in a UEFA cup game). This policy needs years to actually reap results as youngsters are scouted and developed. I really don't think Ashley wants to be here that long.

O0 I know...I realise there is no hope unfortunately. The Barca youth are just incredible though. I was over in the summer there and was watching the under 12s play on barca tv, any idea who the young black(had an african name I think) kid was? He was completely bossing the games I saw, scored pretty much all the goals and set them up, was in defence, midfield and attack and generally looked like he is going to be insanely brilliant.

Any idea who that kid is VI, can't find out on the net.

Leicester left-back Bruno Berner available on a Free in January.

Was one of Leicester's best players iirc last season, sure he'd be on a cheap wage and would come to a club like us. Realistic back-up for Enrique?

I think he did play well last year but so did Perch.................

By all accounts Perch was very average last season other than when we played them and he bossed Jonas.