Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Bendtner is just a white Shola. His stats are average and he's a tosser of the highest order (going off what he says in the media).

I would echo and add to the link here. Would rather have Bothroyd, least he wouldn't cost much

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,13320_6660788,00.html

(NB - i don't think we'd be in for him anyway, I just really don't like the guy, as a footballer or a person)

Bendtnar is massively over rated! He only seems to score lucky goals. Rather have Vela.

Bendtner is twice the player Vela is.

Hmmm, I don't see myself what Bendtner has about him. He's certainly worth no where near 15mil!

Vela is younger, more tricky and not a c**t.

Bendtner is just a white Shola.

Stopped reading there.

I guess the rest was just as hilariously moronic.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Don't know how many times I've said it now, but once more won't hurt; Bendtner is a terrible player.

And once again you're wrong. :thup:

Stopped reading there.

You're right, his strike rate of circa 1 in every 4 games is infinitely superior to Shola's 1 in 5. It's not like he gets a lot more chances in his games at Arsenal either...

Arsenal supporters' opinions of Bendtner seem to be pretty split.

He comes across as extremely inconsistent but, on his day, good enough to trouble any team in the league.

Definitely good enough to get into our squad, not that we're going to splash out £10m any time soon  :sadnod:

Guest Roger Kint

He can only dream of having Shola's international record........

All Shola needs to do is score one on his debut for Nigeria and he's set ;)

Well that and continue a 1 in 3 average up to 35 games

Stopped reading there.

You're right, his strike rate of circa 1 in every 4 games is infinitely superior to Shola's 1 in 5. It's not like he gets a lot more chances in his games at Arsenal either...

Bendtner's record is around 1 in 2.5 when you calculate based on minutes on the pitch. He also is a much better all-round player, has far superior technique and scores important goals.

Infact it's not even worth arguing. The mere comparison is ludicrous to the extreme.

Bendtner is a good player who often suffers from poor decision making, but to suggest he is 'shit' or 'not Premier League quality' which I have seen on here before is simply moronic.

Stopped reading there.

Bendtner's record is around 1 in 2.5 when you calculate based on minutes on the pitch. He also is a much better all-round player, has far superior technique and scores important goals.

Infact it's not even worth arguing. The mere comparison is ludicrous to the extreme.

Bendtner is a good player who often suffers from poor decision making, but to suggest he is 'shit' or 'not Premier League quality' is simply moronic.

You appear to have applied quote marks to words I haven't used?! The white shola mark was flippant (although looking at the stats on wiki they don't appear vastly different. Not sure what minutes on the pitch per goal Shola has, mind - you know per chance?) and based more on Bendtner's ability to look like someone who has never seen a football before when presented with a vast number of scoring opportunities. He is, I agree, of Prem quality, but so is Heskey (and arguably Shola), and many other strikers who could be described as a donkey based on a fair number of displays.

I wouldn't want us to sign him for any number of reasons - cost, attitude, ability (in relation to cost).

You appear to have applied quote marks to words I haven't used?! The white shola mark was flippant (although looking at the stats on wiki they don't appear vastly different. Not sure what minutes on the pitch per goal Shola has, mind - you know per chance?) and based more on Bendtner's ability to look like someone who has never seen a football before when presented with a vast number of scoring opportunities. He is, I agree, of Prem quality, but so is Heskey (and arguably Shola), and many other strikers who could be described as a donkey based on a fair number of displays.

I wouldn't want us to sign him for any number of reasons - cost, attitude, ability (in relation to cost).

I edited it afterwards to avoid that confusion.

Personally I wouldn't want to sign him if the price was around £15 million. However he's easily worth 7 or 8 million. Leading striker for his country, a good goalscoring record in the Premier League and CL (looking a Wikipedia stats doesn't always tell the story, mate) aswell as having his best years infront of him. Kid is talented and more than good enough for a Europa League (arguably CL) team.

Bendtner is shite. My Danish mate who supports arsenal can't even defend him.

Then your Danish mate is in the minority, cos most Danish football fans rightly rate him highly.

I edited it afterwards to avoid that confusion.

Personally I wouldn't want to sign him if the price was around £15 million. However he's easily worth 7 or 8 million. Leading striker for his country, a good goalscoring record in the Premier League and CL (looking a Wikipedia stats doesn't always tell the story, mate) aswell as having his best years infront of him. Kid is talented and more than good enough for a Europa League (arguably CL) team.

Bendtner is s****. My Danish mate who supports arsenal can't even defend him.

The your Danish mate is wrong, cos most Danish people rightly rate him highly.

Sounds to me like you have a personal crush.