Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest Stephen927

f*** off to SWP, Keane and Woodgate.

SWP - not the qualities we need, costly (salary)

Keane - costly, been s*** for a good while

Woodgate - Are people seriously interested in this player?? He is a walking injury ffs.

What a load of utter rubbish. Fair enough, say you don't want him for money/age reasons, but the suggestion that he's 's***' is ludicrous.

Let's ask liverpudlians aye?

Aye, we'll ask them about Michael Owen while we're at it :thup:

Hardly the same thing..

They don't like Keane because he didn't play very well there, but they like Owen because he did play very well there.

Just shows that his appearance at one club doesn't shape his career. He's been great for Spurs.

He's been poor for Spurs since his return, so apparently his stint at Liverpool has shaped his career.

Wright-Phillips?? That shows how much Pardew is living in the past - it's been many years since SWP was deemed an adequate footballer. He's no better than what we have now, and what we have isn't great.

he's fucking MILES better than routledge for a start.

Wright-Phillips?? That shows how much Pardew is living in the past - it's been many years since SWP was deemed an adequate footballer. He's no better than what we have now, and what we have isn't great.

he's fucking MILES better than routledge for a start.

I agree, SWP is capable of playing football at a completely different level from Routledge.

As for Keane, there seems to be no end of clubs where he's joined with high expectations, and ended up on the bench. I think we'd just be another.

he's f***ing MILES better than routledge for a start.

He was 3 years ago. There's not much between them these days. It's been a long, long time since i've seen SWP have a game like Routledge did against Chelsea a few weeks back.

He was 3 years ago. There's not much between them these days. It's been a long, long time since i've seen SWP have a game like Routledge did against Chelsea a few weeks back.

is there any reason for his decline apart from not playing? injuries? any reason why he cant play at his best again? he pisses all over routledge in terms of ability imo

He's nearly 30, man. His game was always about pace and fast feet, there's bound to be a significant decline when you compound those factors with lack of playing time.

yeah that's a fair point, i'd definitely take him on loan if it wasnt for bartons form. fwiw that chelsea game, routledge wasnt great, he just wasnt as anonymous as he usually is

If we ignore the 'is he good enough' debate, is he worth shuffling our team around, either? To fit SWP in, we'd have to move Barton off the wing, losing our best creative outlet, sticking him on the bench, which clearly he doesn't deserve. Or we move him into the centre, where he ousts either Tiote or Nolan, which we can't afford to do. Or a 4-4-1-1 with Nolan off Carroll, which we've seen doesn't do as well as the 4-4-2 we've switched to this season.

Quite frankly not worth the hassle.

And I'd take Keane on a 6 month loan. No more.

Exactly. He's gash. Absolute steaming shit, whether I spell his name right or not.

Danny Guthrie is not the anti-christ, Wright-Phillips is.

If Adam johnson is available for loan then we've got to do everything we can to bring him here. Reckon there's a big chance he'd seek a permanent move once playing fr us as well

Really agree.  I think City value you him too highly to let him go out on loan though.  He's a game winning type of player, and he's proved that in our last encounter against them. But your right, as a Toon fan from a kid if he gets a chance to be a hero here each week then he may even want to stay.

I honestly reckon Wright-Phillips would do nothing to aid us. Barton, on current form, is the best right-sided midfielder we've had in a long while. Whether or not he sustains it is another matter, but with the way we're currently set out - there's no reason why he should decline. The team doesn't need a conventional out-and-out winger down that side, it isn't a necessity. Wright-Phillips is shite anyway. Is he even that quick anymore? Just another example of a limited player almost completely dependant on his pace. Once it's gone, they've got little left.