Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Guest taps01

From Pardew's latest comments we want one player, and definitely someone attack-minded.

Id like to think we will also sort the Ben Arfa deal out.

From Pardew's latest comments we want one player, and definitely someone attack-minded.

Id like to think we will also sort the Ben Arfa deal out.

Let's hope they're not the same thing. :hmm:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-admit-interest-in-David-Beckham-and-Tottenham-s-Robbie-Keane-article662605.html

Pardew was delighted to win without thigh-victim Andy Carroll and says he wants Robbie Keane and David Beckham to bolster his attack.

On his pursuit of Keane, he said: "I can't say we have not spoken to Spurs because I spoke to them last week and we talked about players, etc, etc.

"They want to do something and we want to bring an offensive player in."

Pardew claims he is interested in signing Beckham on loan, even though Tottenham are hot favourites to lure him back to the Premier League.

"I think he is a player that could play in this team and add something to this squad, but if he is available, I don't know."

Repetition of what we already know.

Spurs trying to flog their deadwood and we need bodies.  Although I doubt we're as desperate as we were a week ago.

Because we won one game, against arguably the shittest team in the league?

Nothing concrete in that at all - maybe. Could argue that Pardew may have been impressed with the back-up players enough not to panic buy for the midfield? Meh, I just don't want the Tottenham throw-outs. Maybe, Keane on loan.

Guest Heneage

Apparently that Ziani's agent has confirmed he will leave Wolfsburg on loan for the rest of the season.

He'd be Routledge with better technique.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Nothing concrete in that at all - maybe.  Could argue that Pardew may have been impressed with the back-up players enough not to panic buy for the midfield?  Meh, I just don't want the Tottenham throw-outs.  Maybe, Keane on loan.

The Tottenhm "throw outs" are good enough for us. Incase you haven't noticed, we're not competing with Tottenham these days.

So lets sign the players that aren't good enough for them.  THAT WILL WORK.

This post isn't serious nor important.  Plenty of good reasons not to sign Bentley and to only sign Keane on a short term loan.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/02/alan-pardew-hoping-to-have-striker-by-end-of-week-79310-27919088/

Alan Pardew hoping to have striker by end of week

Jan 2 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW hopes to have a striker on board by the end of the week as Newcastle United face up to the prospect of a crunch January programme without star man Andy Carroll.

The transfer window swung open yesterday and with Carroll set to miss at least the next three games – and maybe the Tyne-Wear derby – bringing in a new striker is a matter of urgency.

The big striker was in London over the weekend and it is feared that he has sustained a minor tear in his thigh which will rule him out for at least a fortnight.

Pardew has made Tottenham’s Robbie Keane a top target, but now faces a battle to convince Mike Ashley that the striker is worth £55,000 a week as well as a sizeable signing on fee. Harry Redknapp has told interested clubs he does not want the player to go out on loan.

“We would certainly like to bring in one, if we could get to two like all managers you always want more tools, but that is an equation we will have to work out,” Pardew told the Sunday Sun.

“We won’t leave any stone unturned for any player who becomes available who we think can take the club forward.”

United could also renew their interest in out-of-favour Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Meanwhile, Pardew has ruled out a loan swoop for David Beckham – despite admitting that he is full of admiration for the former England skipper. The LA Galaxy legend has been linked with Newcastle and several other Premier League clubs this week but he will not be coming to St James’ Park.

“David is an asset to a team on a number of levels,” Pardew said.

“But for a manager it is playing level you look at.

“The fact he can deliver a ball and has the experience and guile to play for this team is 100 per cent but there has been no talk about David.”

Newcastle ARE interested in Tottenham’s Jamie O’Hara, but have been put off by the £1million loan fee.

Canny negotiators Spurs are also asking suitors for a deal that would see buying parties commit to signing the player if they are still in the Premier League next year.

"The transfer window swung open"

If that and the Keane loan fee rumour is true, Spurs will struggle to do business with anyone. It's disgusting to ask so much to sign a player for 5 months. I wouldn't pay much more than £1m to take O'Hara permanently.