Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

This is a longshot, but appearantly Miroslav Klose is thinking about leaving Germany and testing his skills in a foreign league. He hasnt played for Bayern since september and seems out in the cold. His contract is up in 6 months, we could give it a shot. Probably wont be cheap enough for Ashley but who knows.

I probably sound deluded but we could be a nice place for him to try to make it in the PL, if the big teams dont want take a chance on him. I mean, even Kaiserslautern fans believe he wants to go back there again..

Cissé has an amzing scoring record in his career, 204 goals in 433 appearances. His scoring record in Greece in particular is brilliant (granted, not the strongest league in the world) - Last season he scored 23 goals in 28 league games and has 14 in 15 so far this season. Pretty impressive, even though it's the greek league.

Think it's more likely that we will be looking for a direct, pacy left footer who can whip in some decent crosses. Jonas just isn't getting it done. There isn't enough decent delivery coming in from that side. Jason Puncheon seems to make sense.

I got a feeling it may be Puncheon. I dont know why.

There have been hints from Pardew about identifying young talent from the lower leagues. I don't know Puncheon, but as a wide player who I gather can also play up front, he seems to fit the bill.

I'd like us to take a punt on SWP though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I got a feeling it may be Puncheon. I dont know why.

There have been hints from Pardew about identifying young talent from the lower leagues. I don't know Puncheon, but as a wide player who I gather can also play up front, he seems to fit the bill.

I'd like us to take a punt on SWP though.

No thanks! :lol: