NUFC

1st teamers: Coloccini, Smith, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands & Ameobi = 5

Fringe: Krul,  Taylor, Campbell, Ranger = 4

2nd XI: Vuckic, Ferguson = 2

Chelsea

1st teamers:Terry, Ramires, Benayoun, Anelka = 4

Fringe:Turnbull, Ferreira, Zhirkov, Sturridge = 4

2nd XI:Van Aanholt, Bruma & Kakuta  = 3

So IMO they had 1 kid more than us & we had one first teamers but in Terry & Anelka they had the best two players on reputation.

Smith, Loven and Ameobi aren't really even first teamers now.

Regards to the teams starting XI

NUFC

1st teamers: Coloccini, Smith, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands & Ameobi = 5

Fringe: Krul,  Taylor, Campbell, Ranger = 4

2nd XI: Vuckic, Ferguson = 2

Chelsea

1st teamers:Terry, Ramires, Benayoun, Anelka = 4

Fringe:Turnbull, Ferreira, Zhirkov, Sturridge = 4

2nd XI:Van Aanholt, Bruma & Kakuta  = 3

So IMO they had 1 kid more than us & we had one first teamers but in Terry & Anelka they had the best two players on reputation.

Wouldn't call Lovens a first teamer.

could someone please tell me the line up and who played in what positions?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71632.0.html

I must do this for the laugh. :lol:

well...your right i see...but actually i checked it before typing...but i was a bit confused...especially about ferguson and ranger!

we could have played a diamont midfield or 3 on top...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The strange decision was bringing Tiote on for Raylor. That nearly lost us the game.

agreed. i also wonder what effect taking Colo off had - he's been calmness personified this season. Vuckic and Smith never totally convinced either, vuckic had some good moments but also seemed to be a little lazy off the ball. they along with Loven didn't contribute enough when we were pinned back.

on the plus side, ferguson looks a very accomplished player. needs to bulk up a bit if we've identified him as a left-back. shola scored with two superb finishes which bodes well for him playing a part in the rest of the season. and even though ranger drifted out of the game he still worked hard and hassled them non stop.

New John Beresford, man!

Guest malandro

The strange decision was bringing Tiote on for Raylor. That nearly lost us the game.

agreed. i also wonder what effect taking Colo off had - he's been calmness personified this season. Vuckic and Smith never totally convinced either, vuckic had some good moments but also seemed to be a little lazy off the ball. they along with Loven didn't contribute enough when we were pinned back.

on the plus side, ferguson looks a very accomplished player. needs to bulk up a bit if we've identified him as a left-back. shola scored with two superb finishes which bodes well for him playing a part in the rest of the season. and even though ranger drifted out of the game he still worked hard and hassled them non stop.

Tiote is not a RB i can say though.  Weird change that was.

CH probably thought the ref would send Taylor off given any excuse, which looking at the pen was probably spot on.

Guest malandro

Been mentioned but in case anyone missed it, highlights are on BBC1 from 11.30pm.

If we're not on first this time something is really wrong.

Like Northampton knocking out LFC?