Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Bright trying to get Sadsacks sent off retrospectively.  Second yellow for that would have been soft as fuck.

Looked a dive that 2nd foul from my angle.

There was contact, but he was looking for it.  Wasn't even looking to get past Taylor and started diving before he even got near him.

Definitely didn't learn that shit here.

A picture of Ryan Taylor celebrating with the team made the front page of the Winnipeg Free Press, my local paper.

F*cking hell, front page news in Winnipeg! NUFC world domination here we come.

Most of you probably don't even know where Winnipeg is...

A picture of Ryan Taylor celebrating with the team made the front page of the Winnipeg Free Press, my local paper.

Canada! Do I win something?

sure some other canadian paper had us on the front page when edgar scored against man utd.

Canada is the second largest country on earth - not specific enough I'm afraid...

Canada is the second largest country on earth - not specific enough I'm afraid...

Ah well, all I can say is a friend I met during my studies abroad last year in France was from Winnipeg, she didn't speak of it that much......

sure some other canadian paper had us on the front page when edgar scored against man utd.

That was news because Edgar is a canadian international. This is appropos no particular player.

The Jets. Phil Housley. Doug Smail

Thats it I am done....2nd wind Tkachuk, Numminen & Selanne.

NHL 93 what a team.

Further to the above if you want to get to Winnipeg then the coordinates are 49°54′N 97°08′W

Just got in,  what a night.  Had to sit with Chelsea fans which is always a bit of a shitter,  and fuck knows how I kept quiet when Taylors FK went in,  then Sholas winner :D.

Was really impressed with Ferguson too,  think he looks a decent prospect.  And that "Thats why we're champions" chant being sung at Stamford Bridge was class,  couldn't help but laugh to that one.

L'Equipe's report on the match.  :coolsmiley:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2010/20100922_233947_newcastle-s-offre-chelsea.html

Anelka and Chelsea come across a very good Newcastle side

Wonderful, fantastic, incredible ... just a few of the superlatives you could use to describe the 3rd Round Carling Cup tie at Stamford Bridge between Chelsea and Newcastle.  Across the Channel, people were wondering just who could break down The Blues, Newcastle provided the answer. Without Ben Arfa and with their reserve side (just like Chelsea), Chris Hughton's men wrapped up their famous victory thanks to a masterly header by Ameobi (89).

An epic end to the game

After a good start after a goal scored by Patrick van Aanholt, well set up by the young Frenchman Kakuta, Chelsea started brightly. A guilty attitude was unable to prevent Ranger (27), Taylor (33) and Ameobi (48) aided by an error by Paulo Ferreira. With 11 v 10, after an injury to Benayoun (63) and unable to replace him, Chelsea began the task to try and come back from 1-3, thanks to an Anelka double (70 & 86 pen) and an excited crowd. They came within a whisker of taking the lead when a Sturridge volley hit Krul's post (87), but paid the price two minutes later, much to the delight of Newcastle, but also to the thousands of people who had the chance to attend such a game.

Got in a while ago as well, what a night!

We should have wrapped it up much more easily obviously, we allowed ourselves to drop too deep and were exploited by Chelsea's width and movement. Tiote obviously isn't a right back, seemed a strange decision to bring him on there. Never a penalty of course (they didn't show that on their big screen!).

Thought we had fucked it up, but then Goala popped up to save the day!

Like Ferguson's performance, he did well. Also thought Ranger had a very good game and won loads in the air. Jonas I thought had a poor game, although he did set up one goal and almost assist another couple!

We were careless at the start of the game and I thought we were going to get Brambled, but well done to the lads for turning it around.

(By the way, hideous decision by them to risk Kalou at half time)