NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First game on TV since the relegation season. Cannot wait.

You guys are being starved - we have seen the lot here in Oz, even the LC game at Chelsea AND the Stoke game is televised by Foxsport on Sunday night,,,,

No we're not. This season I've already seen the Man U game, Villa, Wolves, Everton and Chelsea game.

Since Setanta died here, Fox Soccer channel and Fox soccer plus show the majority of the games. Usually we get about 6 of the 10 in the week plus all Champions league games and recently the Carling Cup.

We don't get Plus here yet, I don't think. This is the first game that has been on FSC as far as I know.

A new channel is an absolute joke when the majority of the programming on FSC is paid ads and worthless filler.

We don't get Plus on AT&T U-Verse at the moment either but every Newcastle match has been on it :(

But compared to us that's s*** ;).

We get EVERY premier league game this season. There is not one single fixture that is not being televised.

I love Fox Sports.

We even got the Accrington Stanley cup tie on Fox Sports the other week, we've got it good over here. Didnt appreciate the f*** up of the first half of the Wolves game a couple of weeks back, especially as Wolves scored literally seconds after the game finally came on.

Fox Sports seem to have a problem with Viewer's Choice. To my knowledge, they screwed up the VC for today's game. Was certainly raging after the Wolves fiasco as well.

Newcastle United v Stoke City

Newcastle are the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the Premier League. A 6-0 win at home to Aston Villa and an away win at Goodison Park were high points, whilst an inexplicable home defeat to Blackpool was proof that you just never know what you're going to get from Chris Hughton's men.

Stoke... well, they're just Stoke. They won't make many friends in this league with their physical approach that sometimes goes too far, but it's naive to think they'll change their approach because others don't like it. As I've hinted, this is a pretty tough match to call but the most logical bet, if pressed, would be to back the draw.

Guest Roger Kint

He does hate us for some reason like...

90 minutes of us singing 'Andy Gray is a wanker.....' at Coventry in the second(?) season in the Premier League wouldnt have endured us to him haha

Newcastle United v Stoke City

Newcastle are the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the Premier League. A 6-0 win at home to Aston Villa and an away win at Goodison Park were high points, whilst an inexplicable home defeat to Blackpool was proof that you just never know what you're going to get from Chris Hughton's men.

Stoke... well, they're just Stoke. They won't make many friends in this league with their physical approach that sometimes goes too far, but it's naive to think they'll change their approach because others don't like it. As I've hinted, this is a pretty tough match to call but the most logical bet, if pressed, would be to back the draw.

Oh that away win at Stamford Bridge doesnt count from 3 nights ago as a good result.So basically one bad result and we are the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the Premier League,gobshite!Your better off playing with your stupid computers with your boyfriend the hairy handed freak!

Guest stokie5554

Kenwyne Jones (groin), Jermaine Pennant (hamstring) and Jon Walters (ankle) are now all expected to be fit enough to appear on Sunday. (.com)

oooh shittttttttt... I really hope we beat these fuckers i hate them as much as i hate spurs and manu

Why would that be?

Kenwyne Jones (groin), Jermaine Pennant (hamstring) and Jon Walters (ankle) are now all expected to be fit enough to appear on Sunday. (.com)

oooh shittttttttt... I really hope we beat these fuckers i hate them as much as i hate spurs and manu

Why would that be?

Stoke... well, they're just Stoke. They won't make many friends in this league with their physical approach that sometimes goes too far, but it's naive to think they'll change their approach because others don't like it

Hates a strong word though, but you won't be many peoples second team!

Why would that be?

Because Tony Pulis is a twat, well I think he is anyway, don't know why but I hate the guy, feel sorry for him bout his mum though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't mind Stoke too much. Its basic football, but its a great example of playing to strengths and what teamwork and understanding can accomplish. I'd be gutted if the Toon played that way, but its still a good case study. Whereas Tottenham are just despicable and house Harry Redknapp - over glorified Toon of the South.

Guest GallowgateKev

Reet chaps,

Anyone wanting a few pre-match drinks with Newcastle Online folk, shit loads of us are meeting up at 12pm sam jacks!

Well all the NOFC footy team. all welcome to come along though! 12pm outside sammy jacks...

Guest stokie5554

Why would that be?

Stoke... well, they're just Stoke. They won't make many friends in this league with their physical approach that sometimes goes too far, but it's naive to think they'll change their approach because others don't like it

Hates a strong word though, but you won't be many peoples second team!

Fair enough mate, understand that. That's just the way we all like it mate to be honest, everyone against us makes us perform better in my opinion. When the press and other managers and fans slate us we play as though we have a point to prove but when they say "Fair play Stoke" we get complaicent.

Guest stokie5554

Don't mind Stoke too much. Its basic football, but its a great example of playing to strengths and what teamwork and understanding can accomplish. I'd be gutted if the Toon played that way, but its still a good case study. Whereas Tottenham are just despicable and house Harry Redknapp - over glorified Toon of the South.

You would be disapointed because Newcastle are a good side, always have bin always will be. Think going down last year was needed for you lot just a reality check but don't worry now you'll be up there with the big boys again soon. As for Stoke - When we see someone hoof the ball and we score from it we think it's mint because we've had no success for years apart from Promotion from Division 2 play off winners and the Auto windscreen trophy in 2000, To see us playing against the likes of Newcastle, united, CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool it's amazing. When we got you in the fa cup 07-08 season that was quality for us a big team like castle down the brit and now we play you in a normal league game just makes you proud to how far we've come so we don't give a fuck about playing longball or scoring from throwins i know it's not the prettyest tactic but it's simple and it works.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You would be disapointed because Newcastle are a good side, always have bin always will be. Think going down last year was needed for you lot just a reality check but don't worry now you'll be up there with the big boys again soon. As for Stoke - When we see someone hoof the ball and we score from it we think it's mint because we've had no success for years apart from Promotion from Division 2 play off winners and the Auto windscreen trophy in 2000, To see us playing against the likes of Newcastle, united, CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool it's amazing. When we got you in the fa cup 07-08 season that was quality for us a big team like castle down the brit and now we play you in a normal league game just makes you proud to how far we've come so we don't give a fuck about playing longball or scoring from throwins i know it's not the prettyest tactic but it's simple and it works.

Can imagine like. You lot always sound loud on the telly.

You would be disapointed because Newcastle are a good side, always have bin always will be. Think going down last year was needed for you lot just a reality check but don't worry now you'll be up there with the big boys again soon. As for Stoke - When we see someone hoof the ball and we score from it we think it's mint because we've had no success for years apart from Promotion from Division 2 play off winners and the Auto windscreen trophy in 2000, To see us playing against the likes of Newcastle, united, CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool it's amazing. When we got you in the fa cup 07-08 season that was quality for us a big team like castle down the brit and now we play you in a normal league game just makes you proud to how far we've come so we don't give a f*** about playing longball or scoring from throwins i know it's not the prettyest tactic but it's simple and it works.

Can imagine like. You lot always sound loud on the telly.

Agreed, imo Stoke have the best fans in the league. If they played better football, they would be a club that i wouldn't mind doing well.