Carroll, Nolan, Shola, Lovenkrands, Ranger, Xisco

James

Nowhere near a good enough strikeforce for the Premier League.

We dominated this game in stretches and Stoke took comfort in the fact that we don't have enough options for putting the ball into the back of the net.

If we struggle this season the leading reason will be the failure of the club to purchase one half decent striker this summer. Carroll on his own was never going to be enough.

Not as if there was alot of quality out there to buy.

There was Peter Odemwingie.

And many other decent players across Europe and the world :lol:

Is our buying limited to players in England or something?

Even a club like West Ham have gotten in good players like Nsofor and Piquionne for nothing.

Carroll needs a strike partner that can run into the space he creates. "Run" and "Kevin Nolan" do not belong in the same sentence.

we should give Lovenkrands a chance, has he even played a single minute in the league for us this season?

Before people start saying that he's completely average, which i dont exactly disagree with, he is probably the best player at our disposal that can play that position.

Carroll needs a strike partner that can run into the space he creates. "Run" and "Kevin Nolan" do not belong in the same sentence.

we should give Lovenkrands a chance, has he even played a single minute in the league for us this season?

Before people start saying that he's completely average, which i dont exactly disagree with, he is probably the best player at our disposal that can play that position.

It's because he's the most mobile.

It seems like everyone else would rather play Ranger though which I don't agree with.

I agree. Ameobi is just about the worst possible player to partner Carroll for all the same reasons as Nolan.

Ranger fits the mold, but there's no way he's the answer at this stage in his career. Wish Ranger could replace Shola as the "come on in the 70th minute when we need an extra striker" player in our squad though.

I would love too see Ranger get a chance beside him

Another player that hasnt played a minute. I dont think that we should be completely writing off what we have in this department until they have been given a proper chance. Its more than likely that they will all be shithouse but at least test them out ffs.

I would love too see Ranger get a chance beside him

Another player that hasnt played a minute. I dont think that we should be completely writing off what we have in this department until they have been given a proper chance. Its more than likely that they will all be shithouse but at least test them out ffs.

Every time I have seen Ranger play he has impressed me..good enough for me.We need some one with a bit of pace up top..Nolan or Carroll wont offer that

Not as if there was alot of quality out there to buy.

There was Peter Odemwingie.

And many other decent players across Europe and the world :lol:

Is our buying limited to players in England or something?

Even a club like West Ham have gotten in good players like Nsofor and Piquionne for nothing.

Yeah players like Gary Cheick Tiote Smith and Paul Hatem Ben Arfa Douglas will get us nowhere!

In any case, I don't think anyone disagrees that a striker is needed in January. I was like everyone else and let myself believe that Carroll up front with Nolan behind was the answer after the 6-0, but I was wrong: the front two doesn't work at all with the rest of the team and that's clearly the biggest problem in our tactics right now. We need someone who can either play with Carroll or challenge to push him out of the team.