Disappointing attendances

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

You are totally right i have. I fail to see any point in crying over getting a membership to sit there. Aside from the obvious financial bonus theres also the easy use of a card rather than posted paper tickets and priority tickets over general sales. The fucking bastards eh?

You are totally right i have. I fail to see any point in crying over getting a membership to sit there. Aside from the obvious financial bonus theres also the easy use of a card rather than posted paper tickets and priority tickets over general sales. The f***ing bastards eh?

Would this be the card that many people ordered before the season started but still haven't recieved yet? And this priority scheme is a great idea when there's 10,000 empty seats! Can't believe people aren't falling over themselves to part with the £21.

Anyway the proof is in the pudding and Leazes Corner has gone from being sold out for just about every Championship game last season to being about a third full in the Premier League.

You are totally right i have. I fail to see any point in crying over getting a membership to sit there. Aside from the obvious financial bonus theres also the easy use of a card rather than posted paper tickets and priority tickets over general sales. The f***ing bastards eh?

Would this be the card that many people ordered before the season started but still haven't recieved yet? And this priority scheme is a great idea when there's 10,000 empty seats! Can't believe people aren't falling over themselves to part with the £21.

Anyway the proof is in the pudding and Leazes Corner has gone from being sold out for just about every Championship game last season to being about a third full in the Premier League.

Is that true? I paid for mine about a week before the Blackpool game, and got it before that match.

Is that true? I paid for mine about a week before the Blackpool game, and got it before that match.

I know of 2 lads who ordered them before the Blackpool match and have been told they'll recieve their packs in early November and will get paper tickets for the sunderland match on October 31st.

Guest Roger Kint

Oh no!!!!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

A paper ticket?  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

That membership got them a ticket in L7 for the derby so whats the problem? They can still use it all season and end up costing nowt = Job done for those with common sense.

Guest Roger Kint

What if you only want to goto one or two games up there?

Then it costs you £10, not really the end of the world if L7 is more important than simply going to a couple of games if you ask me. Or am sure if you have any mates there will be a use for it over the course of a season........

Will probably renew next season after the 3 yrs, if i don't do it lose the loyalty points? or if i had a year out then got back into it would the points still be there?

You would lose the loyalty points. I was on 107 points when I gave my season ticket up back in 2008 and I know that in 2005 I was in the top 500 season ticket holders for loyalty points after I had a bit of a carry on with the ticket office when they wrongly refused me a ticket for Heerenveen away (fair play as they sorted it in the end) but for the last couple of years I found that the fear of losing my points was bigger than the fear of not getting to every match and that was why I was renewing when in reality I had far more important financial commitments that should have taken priority.

In 2008 I finally decided not to renew my season ticket after 17 years and went to a pay as you go type supporter which I was quite enjoying until the club decided to make leazes Corner 12th man membership only. Seriously you would think that in this day and age with crowds around the country on the decline they would be making it easier for people to gain access to matches, not more difficult. Sign of modern day football I suppose though which is sad.

Very much similar story to mine.... I had XX amount of loyalty points - I'd done pratically every pl away / cup home + away / euro home + away for 3 - 4 years, and 50% of the games for a few years either side of that period. I got tickets for whatever games I applied, sunderland, Boro, Breda, Heerenveen etc ...

Decided to grown up and bought a house etc, and it meant I had to make sacrifices.. ST went.

Got used to managing money etc so enquired about a ST again a year after giving it up, but was told I had lost any loyalty with the club for tickets etc.

So after picking and choosing games at short notice for a season or 2 I practically dont ever go now.

Cost of a single ticket puts me off now.... mackems at home 47 quid I read, is this true?!

Then it costs you £10, not really the end of the world if L7 is more important than simply going to a couple of games if you ask me. Or am sure if you have any mates there will be a use for it over the course of a season........

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one because it could go for ever although judging by how empty Leazes Corner is this season a lot more people agree with me.

Not really, all my mates are total non-football watching faggots, apart from Dino who has a season ticket (albeit in the family section, the loser).

Basically, the problem is that it's just another hoop to jump through in order to get a ticket for football, it's just a really terrible/in existent sales strategy. They should be doing all they can to get people in, and on the morning of the game it should be easy to make an impromptu decision to turn up to SJP and watch NUFC. But it isn't.

Ultimately, if you really wanted to go, you'd get a season ticket, or you'd order in plenty of time, or beg someone. But it's not those people that this membership crap stops, it's the fairweather twats like me, and the people who don't know whether they can go to the match till the last minute, for whatever reason.

More hoops = less people.

Not really, all my mates are total non-football watching faggots, apart from Dino who has a season ticket (albeit in the family section, the loser).

Basically, the problem is that it's just another hoop to jump through in order to get a ticket for football, it's just a really terrible/in existent sales strategy. They should be doing all they can to get people in, and on the morning of the game it should be easy to make an impromptu decision to turn up to SJP and watch NUFC. But it isn't.

Ultimately, if you really wanted to go, you'd get a season ticket, or you'd order in plenty of time, or beg someone. But it's not those people that this membership crap stops, it's the fairweather twats like me, and the people who don't know whether they can go to the match till the last minute, for whatever reason.

i hate it when I agree with semtex.

I think most people realise what this 12th man rubbish is all about but people are not interested in all that. They just want to buy their ticket and watch the match in the section they like best like they've always been able to do. Even if the club had came out and said their reasons for doing this it would be a start but they couldn't even be bothered to do that. A decision that will probably end up costing them in excess of £750,000 over the course of the season.

Nail on head.

i hate it when I agree with semtex.

Welcome

http://www.fullissue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/David-Cameron.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

I never said it was a good idea to introduce it to be fair, just that as its here its not even an issue or a problem to do it.

Totally agree regarding fans turning up on the day, they do cash turnstyles for the most part dont they or has that stopped this season? Even if they have i imagine theres nothing to stop you buying on the phone and picking them up on the day surely?

I agree with Ronaldo that crowds are going to drop further for a host of reasons, the fact so many empty seats can be seen all over suggest the membership isnt the only reason. Its the idea people have said they wont go because of the membership card which baffles me!

I don't agree with what they have done but there are plenty of other parts of the ground you can buy a ticket for on the day of the game without a membership.

Never heard so many excuses for not going to the match in my life.

Nail on head. Pretty much applicable for me these days too.

Aye spot on

Plenty of other parts of the ground you can buy a ticket for on the day of the game without a membership.

Never heard so many excuses for not going to the match in my life.

Starts the 'Its dead fucking quiet' debate again..............

Guest Roger Kint

I think most people realise what this 12th man rubbish is all about but people are not interested in all that. They just want to buy their ticket and watch the match in the section they like best like they've always been able to do. Even if the club had came out and said their reasons for doing this it would be a start but they couldn't even be bothered to do that. A decision that will probably end up costing them in excess of £750,000 over the course of the season.

They still can though, theres nothing preventing it at all.