Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Its a long time since ive still been this fucking angry on amonday over a result Fix.

I was still absolutely seething when I woke up this morning. Then I remembered Ben Arfa's injury and it moved on to that empty sort of 'ah fuck' feeling. :undecided:

Its a long time since ive still been this f***ing angry on amonday over a result Fix.

I was still absolutely seething when I woke up this morning. Then I remembered Ben Arfa's injury and it moved on to that empty sort of 'ah f***' feeling. :undecided:

Just exactly the way I felt and what I thought at about that time too.

Many others too I'd think.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/04/chris-hughton-i-was-right-to-axe-andy-carroll-72703-27396956/?

Hughton told the Chronicle: “What I have to do is pick the players that are going to win us a game for Newcastle United.

“Andy, in the last couple of games, has been a bit below par.

“He had a little bit of a virus too, which brought him down a touch, and what we have in Shola is a player on the back of a very good performance against Chelsea, and a very good week’s training.

“He just got the edge over Andy.”

Either Hughton literally repeated word for word what he told the BBC after the game or Ryder is going for the old 'Alan Oliver' approach.

with ben arfa's injury and the way the game panned out i probably haven't felt as bad after a result since the partizan game, villa excepted. just a crushing, crushing blow when things were looking so bright. gullit was right, we're cursed.

i'd also like to know why williamson was booked for the pen. if it was a deliberate foul it had to be red. if it was the last in persistent foul it's a yellow but thats not what happened here, was it mistimed but reckless, no. surely if thats worthy of a yellow the ref then has to book for every foul.

It's called the "I wasn't 100% sure it was a pen so I can't send the guy of as well" decision.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder why Tevez wasnt booked for leaving the pitch too. Seemed Atkinson just wasnt going to get anything right yesterday....

Wonder why Tevez wasnt booked for leaving the pitch too. Seemed Atkinson just wasnt going to get anything right yesterday....

He only went to the bench like (players do it all the time), just happens the benches are nowhere near the pitch at Eastlands.

Let people celebrate their goals man.

Guest Roger Kint

He only went to the bench like (players do it all the time), just happens the benches are nowhere near the pitch at Eastlands.

I didnt make the rules you know. Simply stating the ref was wrong not to do so under the rules:

1. Deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission

And probably covered in 2. Extravagant celebration, such as covering one's head with one's jersey or removing it over the head

I didnt make the rules you know. Simply stating the ref was wrong not to do so under the rules:

1. Deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission

And probably covered in 2. Extravagant celebration, such as covering one's head with one's jersey or removing it over the head

As Disco said he went to the bench which is still a controlled area so even under the these silly laws it wasn't an offence as far as I'm aware.

Guest Roger Kint

Field of play seem to be the key words like, not that its an issue i was only saying he seemed to get everything wrong  ;D

A couple thoughts from the match now that I actually have access to the forum.

Obviously the Shola pen shout was a stone-wall penalty and it would've really swung the match in our favor for the remaining time.  I think we would've gone on to win the match as it was already swinging in that direction.

We deserved AT LEAST a point, if not more.

I though the 4-4-2 that played the last part of the match looked good, Shola actually ran on to some of Carroll's flick ons and really highlights why we need two strikers up there or at least a more mobile player in "Nolan's position" behind Carroll.

Fucking gutted about Ben Arfa and Coloccini obviously, although I thought Sol did relatively well coming on in that match.  He looks a bit lumbering when running after the opposition but he still will generally get in good positions that make him hard to beat.

I watched this match with an Arsenal supporting friend of mine who didn't watch us at all last season and his comment on this match was "it's weird to watch Newcastle not just play long-ball" and I think that speaks volumes to where we are right now as a club.  Even though we only have 7 points we still have played well, even in the matches we didn't get any points from, and that's why I'm not putting down as relegation fodder at this point.  We have enough quality and belief in our system to be mid-table when it's all said and done.

Tevez was getting massively frustrated in the first half, starting in the first few minutes, got pissed off when nobody was backing him up after he charged down Krul. Culminated in him kicking the ball away at a throw-in then fouling Krul.

Something was definitely up with him.

Guest jeffers09

Just like to say how good i felt Tiote was again quiality performance good the way the fans have took to him already i can see him being really important this season :thup:

what a fucking rubbish penalty that is, fucking shambles (watching the motd highlights)

they are pissin on us arent they, fucking hell

need to stop watching this shit

and the sound when ben arfas leg snap   :undecided:

fucking horrible isn't it?

Like i said yesterday, hollow, like bamboo snapping. Poor lad. :(

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/10/05/manchester-city-2-1-newcastle/

Interesting read.

The most obvious tactical element was Newcastle’s crazily high defensive line, combined with little pressure on the Manchester City man with the ball. This meant City had a fairly simple approach of hitting balls over the defence for the forward three players to run onto. Both James Milner and Gareth Barry got free on the left hand side in this fashion, and it was amazing that Chris Hughton didn’t tell his defence to drop deeper early on.

Shola Ameobi’s hold-up play was disappointing, although he probably should have had a penalty when he was tripped by Lescott in the corner of the box.

theres thankfully no city thread so im using this, paid a visit to bluemoon forum and oh dear they are losing the plot they are suffering from paradnoid delusions that everones out to get them and talking of sueing the press over the tevez mancini bust up claims and press calling de jongs challenge anything but a fair tackle and hes being victimized.

its all rather pathetic really

theres thankfully no city thread so im using this, paid a visit to bluemoon forum and oh dear they are losing the plot they are suffering from paradnoid delusions that everones out to get them and talking of sueing the press over the tevez mancini bust up claims and press calling de jongs challenge anything but a fair tackle and hes being victimized.

Chelsea at least gained a little class with their money. City will never have it. Too much of a chip on their shoulder that spending hundreds of millions still can't get them into the Champions League or above the real club in Manchester.

Chelsea at least gained a little class with their money. City will never have it. Too much of a chip on their shoulder that spending hundreds of millions still can't get them into the Champions League or above the real club in Manchester.

Think there's some truth to that tbh. And I HATED Chelski when they started the same shit.