De Jong

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calderwood's effectively backed him and the tackle according to .com

Word fail me.

Set up an online petition to remove Calderwood from the club. He's a quisling in league with the Dutch Destroyer. Kill the infidel! Or at least sack him...

Guest palnese

"At first the tackle looked really strong – he went into the challenge very, very quickly. We tried to get a quick look at the replay, but there was no replay coming up on the camera in the tunnel.

"But I wouldn’t want to take that type of challenge out of our football. The consequences of the challenge are horrible but there was a certain amount of misfortune in that Hatem’s legs were attached to the ground a little bit and the force with which de Jong hit him definitely moved the leg." - Colin Calderwood.

I'm lost for words.

Calderwood's effectively backed him and the tackle according to .com

Word fail me.

Imagine Feguson, Mourinho or Wenger defending a cunt who had broken their best players leg....impossible isn't it? I don't object to Calderwood being spineless but he could at least keep his trap shut.

On the same note, props to Enrique who has called for DeJong to be banned for the period that Arfa is out injured. That's how a person who cares sticks up for their own.

There are still people who believe there was nothing wrong with this challenge and it was completely fair - it's unbelievable. Apparently by touching the ball first, whatever happens next is irrelevant.

As for Calderwood, dear me. :no:

Cruyff has to be one of the greatest character's the game has IMO. Everything he says is usually spot on - plus it's great to see somebody stand by his values of how the game should be played.

Calderwood should be sacked.

The whole footballing world is coming out and slating De Jong, he's even dropped from his national team because of the tackle, yet our own assistant manager undermines the entire club by saying it was ok.

Fucking hell, man.

Calderwood should be sacked.

The whole footballing world is coming out and slating De Jong, he's even dropped from his national team because of the tackle, yet our own assistant manager undermines the entire club by saying it was ok.

Fucking hell, man.

:clap: Spot on.

His comments look ridiculous considering the club have now taken action, surely he knew we were going to do this so why say anything?

Huge breakdown in communication, there is no gain in him saying what he did for us then to throw in complaints to the FA, everyone looks a tad silly right now, not just Calderwood.

No Calderwood should not be sacked, for christ sake...

Silly comments by him, but fucking hell people are going way over board

Don't understimate the sheer enormity of what happened on Sunday. We could go down because of it and our own assitant manager has condoned it, publically contradicting his boss. It's absolute fucking vitriol and i'm not surprised by Messi's comments.

Don't understimate the sheer enormity of what happened on Sunday. We could go down because of it and our own assitant manager has condoned it

And like he actualy thought of all this before giving his opinion on the tackle...

He was asked about the tackle, he gave his honest opinion, it's a shite opinion like but what can you do. To suggest he should lose his job because of this is absolutely rediculas.

It is displaying a complete lack of regard for the thoughts and actions of the club though, and a person in the position of Calderwood should take the view of the club - especially in public - otherwise he should not be a part of the club.

His comment could be used against Newcastle as part of any investiagtion by the FA into the part played by De Jong. 

Personally I think the fact that Atkinson didn't even see the attack on Ben Arfa as even meritting a free kick is a pretty clear indication on how the FA will view our request for action to be taken.  This is probably more of a futile gesture by the club to demonstrate in some way the treatment that Newcastle United have been getting from referees this season so far!  Every time I see the challenge on Shola (or the one on Nolan Vs Everton) I am insensed that we didn't get the penalty that clearly should have been awarded in both cases!!!!