James Perch

James

Alan Pardew said: "James wants to leave, and we won't stop him doing that."

Late on Sunday, Perch responded: "No I never said tha..." "Yes you did. Bye James"

Surprised Paul Stretford took him on, that is way below his usual level.

If he can get someone like Perch a move to Newcastle, he'll have a swarm of average Championship players wanting him to represent them.

Except he didn't :razz:

I read this line:

JAMES PERCH wants out of Newcastle United after just 12 months on Tyneside.

Skimmed through and read caught this:

Pardew gave a ringing endorsement of the right-back to owner Mike Ashley – saying he believes the former Manchester United man can play for England.

And nearly spat my coffee out :lol: I wish they wouldn't put two stories together.

• 2 months later...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/11/perch-set-to-provide-toon-cover-79310-29399124/

Perch set to provide Toon cover

Sep 11 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW is backing revitalised James Perch to provide emergency centre-back cover in Newcastle’s time of need.

The former Nottingham Forest man endured a tricky maiden campaign at St James’ Park and even switched agents over the summer in a bid to secure more first-team football this season.

But with United failing to land Liam Ridgewell on deadline day – or any defensive cover above Italy international David Santon – he is back in the reckoning and being considered for a more central role than the one he occupied last term.

As Pardew acknowledges, centre-back is one area where United look perilously short following an injury to Mike Williamson in the Carling Cup victory over Scunthorpe.

“I think that’s now turned out to be – with Willo’s injury – an area where perhaps I’d have liked a bit more cover,” the United boss said.

“But Perch is back and I think his best position is at centre-back, from what I’ve seen of him. We’ll probably use him there.

“He’s someone with a point to prove. And he’s only a young player, he’s only going to get better as he goes along.

“When I’ve seen him out on the training ground I wouldn’t hesitate to use him at centre-half.”