West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest neesy111

:lol: I just read on .COM That Dyer is fit and could be chosen to play.... this is a joke right?

Since he left us he has only started 13 games (and never scored). Can anyone tell me if he has ever finished any of those or has he gone off injured in all 13?

I would guess that he is a cert to score against us since he hasn't done so since 2007 for us aginst Watford.

The selling of dyer, was the start of our midfield looking slow and work man like.  At least with dyer you knew you had someone who could run with the ball.

It's okay being able to run with the ball but he can't do it whilst he's sat on the treatment table.

If he's had stayed, it's probable in how things work he wouldn't of got that major injury, but I know where your coming from though.  I'm still 50-50 whether it was good business or not

Guest Heneage

:lol: I just read on .COM That Dyer is fit and could be chosen to play.... this is a joke right?

Since he left us he has only started 13 games (and never scored). Can anyone tell me if he has ever finished any of those or has he gone off injured in all 13?

I would guess that he is a cert to score against us since he hasn't done so since 2007 for us aginst Watford.

The selling of dyer, was the start of our midfield looking slow and work man like.  At least with dyer you knew you had someone who could run with the ball.

It's okay being able to run with the ball but he can't do it whilst he's sat on the treatment table.

If he's had stayed, it's probable in how things work he wouldn't of got that major injury, but I know where your coming from though.  I'm still 50-50 whether it was good business or not

Crazy talk.

You bemoan Barton on a regular basis for taking 65k a week but are unsure if a player who had a shocking injury record and, was on a reported 80 grand a week basic wage should have been sold?

Can you see the double standards?

Guest neesy111

Crazy talk.

You bemoan Barton on a regular basis for taking 65k a week but are unsure if a player who had a shocking injury record and, was on a reported 80 grand a week basic wage should have been sold?

Right, getting a major injury is something that's usually a freak accident, that is what Dyer got, he got a broken leg, nothing like any of his usual hamstring or shin splints injuries.  So it's likely if dyer had stayed he would of never of got his broken leg, in the same way in which barton or luque for example would of got their major injuries with us.

I have other problems with Barton as well though, like his criminal record for starters.

Crazy talk.

Right, getting a major injury is something that's usually a freak accident, that is what Dyer got, he got a broken leg, nothing like any of his usual hamstring or shin splints injuries.  So it's likely if dyer had stayed he would of never of got his broken leg, in the same way in which barton or luque for example would of got their major injuries with us.

I have other problems with Barton as well though, like his criminal record for starters.

You can't blame the 6 muscle strain / pull injuries he has had at West Ham on his broken leg.

5 hamstring injuries btw.

Guest Heneage

Crazy talk.

But you highlight the fundamental flaw in your own argument. His USUAL injuries, he was notorious for not being able to string a run of games together because he was always injured. I don't debate the fact that had he stayed at Newcastle it's unlikely he'd have broken his leg, instead he'd have gone through a frustrating cycle of treatment table, reserve games, first team games, injury.

Now you also highlight Barton's off field transgressions as a strike against him, something I can't argue he's been far from a model professional but, is Kieron Dyer really the kind of person you want to compare him with? A player who once famously pissed in the street, had total disregard for the fans who adored him, and I'd argue even topped Barton in the stupidity ranks by fighting with a team-mate on the pitch.

Guest neesy111

Crazy talk.

You can't blame the 6 muscle strain / pull injuries he has had at West Ham on his broken leg.

5 hamstring injuries btw.

I didn't realise he had that many tbh.  The point I'm saying is that the future would of been different if he had been at different clubs, just like in the same way with our signings that have gained major injuries i.e. Owen, Ben Arfa, Luque.

Guest neesy111

Crazy talk.

But you highlight the fundamental flaw in your own argument. His USUAL injuries, he was notorious for not being able to string a run of games together because he was always injured. I don't debate the fact that had he stayed at Newcastle it's unlikely he'd have broken his leg, instead he'd have gone through a frustrating cycle of treatment table, reserve games, first team games, injury.

Now you also highlight Barton's off field transgressions as a strike against him, something I can't argue he's been far from a model professional but, is Kieron Dyer really the kind of person you want to compare him with? A player who once famously pissed in the street, had total disregard for the fans who adored him, and I'd argue even topped Barton in the stupidity ranks by fighting with a team-mate on the pitch.

I won't disagree with of most of that, i'm just coming in on this from a different viewpoint tbh, though I will on the point of the fight which was totally Lee Bowyer's fault which Dyer couldn't do much about at the time.

Just had a look at Dyers record on Wikipedia, he actually played more games than what I thought he did for us tbh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kieron_Dyer

Guest Heneage

Yes but as his body ages it gets harder to return from those injuries. I'd guarantee he would be no more prominent for us than he is for them.

Guest neesy111

Yes but as his body ages it gets harder to return from those injuries. I'd guarantee he would be no more prominent for us than he is for them.

Tbf, the real problem was actually his replacement.

I

Crazy talk.

To be fair, I regularly piss in the street.

Also, didn't Dyer burn money in front of fans? If he did that's comparable to Barton in terms of sheer twattiness for me.

Guest Heneage

I

Crazy talk.

Also, didn't Dyer burn money in front of fans? If he did that's comparable to Barton in terms of sheer twattiness for me.

Dyer was a cunt to own his friends let a lone the fans. The money went to his head, and he believed that the £20m move to Man United was coming anytime now.

Guest neesy111

I

Crazy talk.

Dyer was a cunt to own his friends let a lone the fans. The money went to his head, and he believed that the £20m move to Man United was coming anytime now.

Dyer was always someone who got backed by his managers now matter what, he got far too much backing from them imo.

I

Crazy talk.

Dyer was a c*** to own his friends let a lone the fans. The money went to his head, and he believed that the £20m move to Man United was coming anytime now.

care to expand  (even by pm), just i've said it before i regularly saw him and titus in town and they were so timid after the intitial glare had worn off (yes they were annoying at first) but then became like kids, always at the cinema and hiding in corners in pubs.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm still 50-50 whether it was good business or not

f***ing hell. :lol: :lol:

Could be the worst post in NO history, £7m for injury ravaged Dyer is 50-50 whether its good business? On that basic its 50-50 whether Luque was good value!

Guest neesy111

I'm still 50-50 whether it was good business or not

f***ing hell. :lol: :lol:

Could be the worst post in NO history, £7m for injury ravaged Dyer is 50-50 whether its good business? On that basic its 50-50 whether Luque was good value!

Read the following posts.

Guest Stephen927

The 10 inch of scar tissue in his leg he has had reduced to 1 inch would still be there, and he would still be suffering from hamstring problems.

We were right to sell him, we got a good price. We were wrong to replace him with the likes of Geremi and Smith.

The 10 inch of scar tissue in his leg he has had reduced to 1 inch would still be there, and he would still be suffering from hamstring problems.

We were right to sell him, we got a good price. We were wrong to replace him with the likes of Geremi and Smith.

This - Dyer was a Rolls Royce of a player when he was at his best,unfortunately he had the build quality of a yugo zasastava