Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

Fergy will go before him.

That's a bold statement, though I've said this before the season started this would be Fergie's last season.  I can tell he's not happy with the Glazer's.

Not that bold, Fergie's about done, if the Glazer's are looking what's best for the club long term then they've no choice in backing Rooney. They could easily ask Fergie to retire at the end of the season if it is a poor one and Rooney is being linked away from under him.

I wish we backed players over managers ie. Bellamy over Souness or Zoggy over Kinnear, both times we'd have been a better club for it.

Guest elbee909

That's a bold statement, though I've said this before the season started this would be Fergie's last season.  I can tell he's not happy with the Glazer's.

Not that bold, Fergie's about done, if the Glazer's are looking what's best for the club long term then they've no choice in backing Rooney. They could easily ask Fergie to retire at the end of the season if it is a poor one and Rooney is being linked away from under him.

I wish we backed players over managers ie. Bellamy over Souness or Zoggy over Kinnear, both times we'd have been a better club for it.

The 'dressing room' over Robson?

Guest neesy111

This club has had awful experience of player power in the past, hence why I'm always very wary of it.

I see what toons Taylor is saying, and in hindsight agree, but backing player over manager is massively dangerous. Our situations then were much different to those at mufc currently. Would be catastrophic for them to do so IMO. Sets a precedent that isn't positive.

Rooney is starting to look like another Mike Tyson in the making. Personal life in turmoil, a loss of form and a falling out with the people who are in the best position to advise him. He now looks all at sea and unable to make the decisions that he needs to take.

Not every situation is good for it, in fact most would suggest its the wrong thing to do, however there are extreme cases, and this could be one of them.

I think Manu losing Rooney at mid 20's after losing Cronaldo while Citeh spending their way to the title could see them not recovering for such a long time. Ferguson is replaceable and about done, whereas really there are one or two players in the world that can do what Rooney can do and they've lost one of them already.

Guest neesy111

Tbf, I look at Man Utd's team and apart from Vidic I don't see any other World Class players in that team, sad state of affairs for the worlds biggest football club.

They are finished when Ferguson goes. He's the only one stopping them concentrating 100% on finance. They'll appoint a yes man and they'll fuck it up.

They're hardly going to get someone like Mourinho and the money he needs.

Who on Earth is going to be stupid enough to be the first to attempt to fill Fergie's shoes at Man Utd? Talk about a hiding to nothing...

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12/mcclarenAI_450x300.jpg ???

Who on Earth is going to be stupid enough to be the first to attempt to fill Fergie's shoes at Man Utd? Talk about a hiding to nothing...

Mourinho would be the only one brave/brash enough to take it on and actually be any good IMO. If Madrid don't win owt this year he might be available too...

It'll be good watching though :p

Guest neesy111

Oh they need the money and will cash in on Rooney and if that makes Fergie walk they won't cry to much.

That's my view, sure the Glazers will be happy to contend with the repercussions with the fans etc, for £100M.

Mourinho would be the only one brave/brash enough to take it on and actually be any good IMO. If Madrid don't win owt this year he might be available too...

True, while being big enough to get Rooney to toe the line. Think Rooney would work well under Mourinho.

Carlos Quieroz would be my bet.