Colin Calderwood

Dave

Hughton, Barron, Beardsley, Stone, Joyce.

that is weak.  Hughton appears to be the most experienced there by a considerable distance...

joyce has been coaching the kids for some time i think and beardley has a fair bit of coaching behind him

Barron has nearly 20 years of coaching experience under his belt too.

what about stone? he was with the underage setup before the promotion wasnt he?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hughton, Barron, Beardsley, Stone, Joyce.

that is weak.  Hughton appears to be the most experienced there by a considerable distance...

joyce has been coaching the kids for some time i think and beardley has a fair bit of coaching behind him

Barron has nearly 20 years of coaching experience under his belt too.

what about stone? he was with the underage setup before the promotion wasnt he?

Aye, that was pretty much his first coaching role, so you're looking at a little under 2 years coaching.

Guest dogbeak

without wanting to sound like i'm badminding nufc, i struggle to see why jol would leave ajax. he has the guts of a young(ish), half-decent team and is managing in the champion's league. just this summer he turned down a club based in the city he (supposedly) is desperate to move back to, and whom had just got to the final of the uefa cup (depending on which of the dutch papers you read he was never interested at all, and used the interest as leverage with the board to get some players bought).

i can't see him quitting ajax anytime soon, least of all for us. i just can't see where this chatter comes from.

as for calderwood, i won't be crying into my pillow if he goes.

without wanting to sound like i'm badminding nufc, i struggle to see why jol would leave ajax. he has the guts of a young(ish), half-decent team and is managing in the champion's league. just this summer he turned down a club based in the city he (supposedly) is desperate to move back to, and whom had just got to the final of the uefa cup (depending on which of the dutch papers you read he was never interested at all, and used the interest as leverage with the board to get some players bought).

i can't see him quitting ajax anytime soon, least of all for us. i just can't see where this chatter comes from.

He wanted to join Fulham, Ajax said no.

I always got the impression Jol would be happy to come here, the reason he won't is firstly Ajax wouldn't let him leave in a hurry and more importantly he's not a low brand bargain basement manager which is the first requirement on the CV when it comes to Ashley.

Guest Stephen927

I'm sure somebody on here mentioned a few weeks ago that he was likely to leave to manage Hibs.

I have no idea what kind of effect he has behind the scenes so not sure about this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good Luck, Mr. Calderwood. Thanks for sticking around and helping the Toon when everyone else was leaving - even coming back when your contract wasn't renewed.  :clap: