Steve Clarke to be appointed new assistant? Seemingly not.

lovejoy

I'd imagine his wages at Chelsea and West Ham would be higher or around what Hughton is on now so he'd have to take a pretty big paycut, or Hughton will be after a big increase while negotiating his new contract.

Guest Heneage

It would be nice to see us start to build a coaching set-up using young coaches from the region, when you consider there's however many young coaches coming through in the region there has to be some talent we can take.

Guest palnese

What is the name of that young, ginger coach we had a couple of seasons ago, and what is he doing these days?

Adam something?

Guest Stephen927

What is the name of that young, ginger coach we had a couple of seasons ago, and what is he doing these days?

Adam something?

Adam Sadler, youth coach for Plymouth now.

Guest palnese

Adam something?

Cheers. I thought he did okay with our reserves.

Guest Stephen927

Adam something?

Cheers. I thought he did okay with our reserves.

Did well taking over from Clark, won a cup but got axed around the same time as Roeder iirc.

Adam something?

Did you google him after you wrote GK coach at Gateshead?

from caulkin on twitter

Chris Hughton to meet Derek Llambias on Tues to discuss shortlist for asst boss. Clarke one in frame but has West Ham contract issues. #NUFC

Basically Llambias will be telling him who he's getting.

And it won't be Clarke...

Adam something?

Did you google him after you wrote GK coach at Gateshead?

He was axed along with McDermott after Keegan left then went to join Roeder's coaching staff at Norwich.

Isn't he Steven Taylor's cousin?

I don't know what's the usual length of contract for a coach, but obviously you'd be asking for a bit of security if you're an experienced bloke and you're going to be uprooting yourself and your family to move to the North East. All this fuss about Hughton's contract won't help, because it would be a bit strange to give the coach a longer contract than the manager currently has, particularly with all this speculation in the media about Hughton being replaced.

The club may have to sort out the manager's contract and the coach's contract at the same time. That's unless we can get someone in on a temporary basis, which isn't ideal.

Cronky spot on with Houhton contract talks in limbo and all the rumours about his imminent demise maybe Clarke has thought stuff it give me a guarantee Hughton is secure and i will come but then again with our wage structure they may of offered him buttons.

Also wasn't Clarke on about £1m at West Ham?  I know it was very high for an assistant as Gold & Sullivan complained about the salaries Zola and Clarke were on when they told over.  No doubt they are having to pay up his contract over a period of time and that would probably be cancelled if he took another job.  If Hughton is on the reported £200K - £300K, then the money offered to Clarke would be a lot less and bearing in mind the uncertainty of Hiughton's position plus the relocation factor, it is probably not worth it from his point of view.

Spot on Cronky. Your not going to get a number 2 from outside the area who has made good coin, come & sign up with a deal that you would imagine would be in line with the managers.

Yep, was never happening. We'll get a promotion from within or an older ex manager who's been out of the game a while will come in I reckon.