Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

Smith got booked in the first half for the tackle out wide. After the goal, he complained, touched the ref, and another yellow was shown.

There were definitely two yellows, I think both to Smith, but the BBC only showed one card as being shown to anyone online.

Nobody was booked after a goal. Smith and Barton were booked for us.

Smith did get booked twice which was typical of a terrible refereeing performance. He went over to complain after the 2nd goal and softly shoved the ref, he was promptly booked.

As for racist singing in east corner, I didn't hear anything at that's where my seat is.... unles calling mackems is now classed as racist?  :undecided:

Yet every television network, sports website, journalist and the majority of fans missed it? I think you're barking up the wrong street mate.

Eh? What networks are reporting this?

Fwiw I was relatively close to that area and heard nowt.

We have had nothing from referees like... although I'm probably forgetting some decisions that have gone for us (in the style of a football fan).

Just because, yes, I am that guy - Perch's handball in the 1st half was as clear as day tbh.

That said, I have to agree you've had a rough deal with decisions so far this season.

As was the handball from the Arsenal defender. 1-1 tbh.

I'm just pointing out a decision that went your way amongst the many that haven't.

Smith got booked in the first half for the tackle out wide. After the goal, he complained, touched the ref, and another yellow was shown.

There were definitely two yellows, I think both to Smith, but the BBC only showed one card as being shown to anyone online.

Smith did get booked twice which was typical of a terrible refereeing performance. He went over to complain after the 2nd goal and softly shoved the ref, he was promptly booked.

As for racist singing in east corner, I didn't hear anything at that's where my seat is.... unles calling mackems is now classed as racist?  :undecided:

Yet every television network, sports website, journalist and the majority of fans missed it? I think you're barking up the wrong street mate.

For example the Alex pen.

That was a ferking disgrace.

Looking back off the top of my head:

The Young penalty at SJP was soft albeit daft from Harper, definelty on contact though. Luckily Villa were that bad it didn't cost us.

Henry should of been off at Wolves. Although Wolves should of had a penalty as some have pointed out.

Nolan taken out at Everton. Coleman and Fellani lucky to finish the match as well.

The Alex penalty at Chelsea.

The absolute disgrace that was the City match.

The second goal today.

Luckily a few of them haven't cost us.

Apparently they "even themselves out over a season". So after Christmas we should be in line for a shitload of points we don't deserve.

I thought our best players were:

Ranger

Vukic

Perch

Williamson

Krul

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

The worst were:

Taylor

Guthrie

Smith

Kadar had some shaky moments but that was more about what was going on around him than anything else.

8 players played well and we lost 4-0 at home  :idiot2:

The Young penalty at SJP was soft albeit daft from Harper, definelty on contact though. Luckily Villa were that bad it didn't cost us.

Henry should of been off at Wolves. Although Wolves should of had a penalty as some have pointed out.

Nolan taken out at Everton. Coleman and Fellani lucky to finish the match as well.

The second goal today.

Apparently they "even themselves out over a season". So after Christmas we should be in line for a shitload of points we don't deserve.

They really don't. One of the many wrong cliches in football.

Ranger

Vukic

Perch

Williamson

Krul

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

The worst were:

Taylor

Guthrie

Smith

Kadar had some shaky moments but that was more about what was going on around him than anything else.

Maybe 9 of theirs played better

I was at both City and Everton and the collective angst toward the decisions was noticable both times. It wasn't like the usual fan bias towards every decision, it was so fucking clear even without replays and the reaction from our fans reflected it.

I'm just stating what I saw mate, at the match... I haven't seen any TV etc....  My eyes must be playing tricks on me....?!? but I did see it.... He stormed past Williamson, who was having a go at the ref and shoved him (not hard like) and I thought, f*ck he's in trouble here, you can't touch the ref... then he showed him the yellow...

Ranger

Vukic

Perch

Williamson

Krul

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

The worst were:

Taylor

Guthrie

Smith

He didn't say that, to be fair.

Didn't read what you had said properly at all  :lol:  :facepalm:

The second goal today.

They don't for us anyway.

The second goal today.

They generally don't.

I'm just stating what I saw mate, at the match... I haven't seen any TV etc....  My eyes must be playing tricks on me....?!? but I did see it.... He stormed past Williamson, who was having a go at the ref and shoved him (not hard like) and I thought, f*ck he's in trouble here, you can't touch the ref... then he showed him the yellow...

Yes, I saw exactly the same.  A card was brandished after the second goal at someone.  I dunno at who, but definintely.

Again, dunno if it was on the TV, but I saw a yellow from the Gallowgate end.

The second goal today.

They generally don't.

Unless you're one of those wonderful top four teams.

The second goal today.

They generally don't.

Unless you're one of those wonderful top four teams.

Still doesn't even out. It just goes wildly in the other direction. O0

Yes, I saw exactly the same.  A card was brandished after the second goal at someone.  I dunno at who, but definintely.

Again, dunno if it was on the TV, but I saw a yellow from the Gallowgate end.

It was definately Smith.. I've just been searching all over the news sites live scores etc and it doesn't get mentioned anywhere!! nobody got booked after the 2nd!??!? hahaha... it definately happened and it was definately smith.... unless I am going mad?!?!

Anyway, my thought on the game (not that it really matters cos I'm mad) were the scoreline flattered them but we were poor. I thought Vuckic looked about our brightest player (possibly ranger too) but there were too many bad performances out there so they were pissing in the wind... 

Roll on Sunday, no injuries or suspensions added Tonight - cos nobody saw Smith get his 2 yellows, even the ref himself!?! - I must have imagined it, surely :o)