Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

Ranger was poor.

Might win a few headers and have decent strength but when it comes to doing anything of note, f***s it up.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I agree as well.  His early missed chance seemed to make him lose confidence.  He won fair few headers but was pretty sloppy in possession and seems a bit thick with his movement of the ball.

Some thoughts on the match:

Arsenal obviously deserved their win, 4-0 flattered them though. My favourite part of the game was even at three/four down we didn't give up, we were always willing to have a go.

The second game changing goal was a f***ing disgrace. Two offsides and a blatent foul in the build up. Was the highlight from another s**** performance from the match officials.

Perch had a good game, Vuckic looked decent too.

Ranger was awful. Looks like Shola without the finish.

Ranger was one of your best players.

He wasn't like. Can't fault his effort but there was no quality there.

Except he was. Not outstanding but caused problems for the Arsenal defence. How can you single Ranger out for (unjustified) criticism ahead of Lovenkrands, Routledge and Taylor, to name 3?

Because they all had exactly the same effect on the game. Ranger couldn't even score when he'd take out the goalkeeper man. And I counted at least 5 instances when he fell flat on his face - it's like his boots were made of ice.

Still annoyed about that second goal even though we got comfortably beat. Walcott offside, Bendtner not only offside but feels the need to run across and take Williamson out to allow Walcott through on goal, we've had fuck all off the officials this year.

He has the technique, strength and pace to make it in the EPL.

But atm he is raw, and Hughton is having difficulty nailing him down to 1 position it seems. He's had gametime on the wing and CM so far, but I'm sure he sees himself as a #10. He's the kind of player it is difficult to ease into the side.

Guest neesy111

Still annoyed about that second goal even though we got comfortably beat. Walcott offside, Bendtner not only offside but feels the need to run across and take Williamson out to allow Walcott through on goal, we've had fuck all off the officials this year.

Agreed, it was the fact he ran across the goal that did it for me.

We have had nothing from referees like... although I'm probably forgetting some decisions that have gone for us (in the style of a football fan).

perch pen at Wolves was a shocker - but balanced out by assaults on Barton

We have had nothing from referees like... although I'm probably forgetting some decisions that have gone for us (in the style of a football fan).

Only Perch's foul at Wolves which was a blatant penalty. We've had far more go against us than for us.

I thought our best players were:

Ranger

Vukic

Perch

Williamson

Krul

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

The worst were:

Taylor

Guthrie

Smith

Kadar had some shaky moments but that was more about what was going on around him than anything else.

Just because, yes, I am that guy - Perch's handball in the 1st half was as clear as day tbh.

That said, I have to agree you've had a rough deal with decisions so far this season.

Still annoyed about that second goal even though we got comfortably beat. Walcott offside, Bendtner not only offside but feels the need to run across and take Williamson out to allow Walcott through on goal, we've had f*** all off the officials this year.

Despite our no-show, it killed the game off. At 1-0, there was still a chance we could swing the game back in our favour. All but killed us that goal.

Just because, yes, I am that guy - Perch's handball in the 1st half was as clear as day tbh.

That said, I have to agree you've had a rough deal with decisions so far this season.

As was the handball from the Arsenal defender. 1-1 tbh.

Smith got booked in the first half for the tackle out wide. After the goal, he complained, touched the ref, and another yellow was shown.

There were definitely two yellows, I think both to Smith, but the BBC only showed one card as being shown to anyone online.

Nobody was booked after a goal. Smith and Barton were booked for us.

Smith did get booked twice which was typical of a terrible refereeing performance. He went over to complain after the 2nd goal and softly shoved the ref, he was promptly booked.

As for racist singing in east corner, I didn't hear anything at that's where my seat is.... unles calling mackems is now classed as racist?  :undecided:

Carroll seemed in confident mood when he came on, hopefully bodes well for Sunday.  He probably drifted outwide a little too much but the cross field ball to him seemed to be the best way to start out attacks.

Got a good reception from the crowd as well despite the recent 'troubles'

Smith got booked in the first half for the tackle out wide. After the goal, he complained, touched the ref, and another yellow was shown.

There were definitely two yellows, I think both to Smith, but the BBC only showed one card as being shown to anyone online.

Nobody was booked after a goal. Smith and Barton were booked for us.

Smith did get booked twice which was typical of a terrible refereeing performance. He went over to complain after the 2nd goal and softly shoved the ref, he was promptly booked.

As for racist singing in east corner, I didn't hear anything at that's where my seat is.... unles calling mackems is now classed as racist?  :undecided:

Yet every television network, sports website, journalist and the majority of fans missed it? I think you're barking up the wrong street mate.

For example the Alex pen.

That was a ferking disgrace.

Looking back off the top of my head:

The Young penalty at SJP was soft albeit daft from Harper, definelty no contact though. Luckily Villa were that bad it didn't cost us.

Henry should of been off at Wolves. Although Wolves should of had a penalty as some have pointed out.

Nolan taken out at Everton. Coleman and Fellani lucky to finish the match as well.

The Alex penalty at Chelsea.

The absolute disgrace that was the City match.

The second goal today.

Luckily a few of them haven't cost us.