Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Guest neesy111

the coppers search for the first "pitch encroachment offender" was fun aswell, took them a good 20 mins to find him. was good to watch as he had his coat and hat stripped off him as he hit the crowd to hide him.

Yeah I seen that as well, i was wondering what the hell they were doing for 20 mins.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/How-Newcastle-s-stadium-DJ-wound-Sunderland-up-the-wrong-way-and-what-a-BBC-reporter-said-to-offend-a-bunch-of-northern-kids-Steve-Anglesey-s-3pm-column-article617977.html

Newcastle really know how to rub it in. As Sunderland trudged off St James' Park, the stadium DJ played the Monkees' Daydream Believer so the home faithful could update their "Cheer up Peter Reid" song with new lyrics about Steve Bruce and his "s**t football team". Black Cats bigwigs in the house were far from impressed.

Guest Stephen927

We were out of the top flight for a season. Sunderland had a season to put a good gap between themselves and us. They've spent decent wedge to try and achieve this goal.

We have achieved promotion in that time, spent relatively little, and in the first derby back in the top flight, bearing in mind mackems are the first to try and claim they're "top dogs" (hate that phrase), we've come back in and absolutely humiliated them.

This was Sunderland's chance today, to really stake a claim and send a message to us Geordies. They failed. What really tops it off is a former Newcastle player being sent off which made the game far easier.

We're a bigger club than Sunderland. We could spend 5 years in the Championship and still be bigger. We could spend 5 years in the Championship and they still would struggle to say with any conviction that they are the best team in the north east.

They're a nothing city, a nothing football team, and we showed that in the best way possible.

Well done Chris, well done Kev, well done Shola, and well done to the usual suspects who would have got carried away with the occasion, but performed maturely, and bravely.

5-1.

Guest DarkStormCrow

If I recall correctly that was the 251st win for Newcastle in the Premiere League and Goals 899, 900, 901, 902 and 903, if my calculations are correct.

great weekend :o)

We were out of the top flight for a season. Sunderland had a season to put a good gap between themselves and us. They've spent decent wedge to try and achieve this goal.

We have achieved promotion in that time, spent relatively little, and in the first derby back in the top flight, bearing in mind mackems are the first to try and claim they're "top dogs" (hate that phrase), we've come back in and absolutely humiliated them.

This was Sunderland's chance today, to really stake a claim and send a message to us Geordies. They failed. What really tops it off is a former Newcastle player being sent off which made the game far easier.

We're a bigger club than Sunderland. We could spend 5 years in the Championship and still be bigger. We could spend 5 years in the Championship and they still would struggle to say with any conviction that they are the best team in the north east.

They're a nothing city, a nothing football team, and we showed that in the best way possible.

Well done Chris, well done Kev, well done Shola, and well done to the usual suspects who would have got carried away with the occasion, but performed maturely, and bravely.

5-1.

Avatar fucking doubles the intensity of post. Great stuff.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-8

Now 9/2 favourites to finish highest out of the none big 8.   :celb:

Who are the big fucking eight?! :lol:

They change these terms around so frequently nowadays. I thought Man City had displaced Liverpool as one of the Big Four, but I think pundits still think of Man City as being outside of it. ???

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/w-o-big-8

Now 9/2 favourites to finish highest out of the none big 8.   :celb:

Who are the big f***ing eight?! :lol:

They change these terms around so frequently nowadays. I thought Man City had displaced Liverpool as one of the Big Four, but I think pundits still think of Man City as being outside of it. ???

They're classing it as Man Utd & City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Villa. Still a decent bet I reckon.