Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

I've just watched the full game and it looks better the second time you see it and the atmosphere comes across really well.  We need to try and keep the atmosphere going and standing for the full 90 minutes made it a lot better than when you have to sit down.

Think the atmos first 30 mins really helped us out.

Bruce pre-match:"I have Craig Gordon, who is a very, very good goalkeeper, and four players who played in the World Cup quarter-finals sitting behind me."

It is clear where he is going wrong he is trying to have good subs rather than a decen team.

Guest GallowgateKev

What a beauty of a day. Started at Sam Jacks at 10 a with Kev insisting Jager Bombs were a good accompliment to pints. Ending with me screaming my self hoarse for the full 90 mins. Still can't b elive it. Also seeing the bloke in Sam Jacks gag over his pint of cream was pretty funny mint day with a'great group of lads'  O0

I love Chris Hughton

hahaha I'm suffering today like :-)

Sholas second was brilliant, probably the best of the five as it came at him with pace and could have gone anywhere.

as a finish aye. best goal was the 5th by far for me. the lightning speed at which the ball travelled between Barton's foot and the back of the net was frightening. i think i cheered for that more than any of the other 4. after the 5th I was waiting for a long range humdinger from Barton or the Cheiky Bastard to cap off the night a la Philippe Albeeeeert...

A dream result and up there with the most memorable of games, the 5-0 v Man u and beating Barcelona. I just feel so content today. Come January, who knows what will happen in the return, the mackems might edge it, but i'm pretty confident we wont let 5 in. They'll be wounded for years by this result. As for their fans, let any mackem tell me how they're the best fans in the land, after they hid in the concourse as the goal count piled up. They were like rats running down into the sewers after the 4th and 5th.