Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

Guest GAMMELL

Our record at home against this shower has been diabolical the last few years. Would be immense to pick up 3 points tonight.

Score draw for me.

I think we can do them. Samba is a tough customer but he's not used to handling monsters like Carroll.

I'd like to see Routledge unleashed at some point, think they could struggle against two wingers.

Looking forward to it anyway, win or lose we know we're better off without fucking Big Sam.

I think Allardyce was the manager for one of the worst Newcaslte performances I have ever experienced.

When we lost to Liverpool 3-0 with maybe one shot during the whole match. It was so pathetic I stopped watching after half an hour! It was just ridiculous, and I hope his Blackburn puts the same performances tonight.

I think Allardyce was the manager for one of the worst Newcaslte performances I have ever experienced.

When we lost to Liverpool 3-0 with maybe one shot during the whole match. It was so pathetic I stopped watching after half an hour! It was just ridiculous, and I hope his Blackburn puts the same performances tonight.

many would say derby (home and away) and portsmouth were worse. the point being we have a fair few to choose from as his legacy.

Couldn't get a game which is a sharper contrast to Arsenal away. I think we'll win narrowly after being patient against some serious spoiling tactics.

Can't understand the Allardyce hype around the game, he was a bit of a non event here and by no means hated - he was being supported (publicly) by the fans right to the end. He's moved on and so have we - don't see any reason for grudges.

Crowd will be 5K less than Saturday, I understand some fans have to travel and midweek is difficult but I love Wednesday night matches almost as much as Saturday 3pm kick offs.

This is one of the three occasions on which I have seen us play live, btw. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

many would say derby (home and away) and portsmouth were worse. the point being we have a fair few to choose from as his legacy.

Derby away was pretty bleak, god awful showing for the whole game and one of the coldest games i been to plus our bus nearly crashed coming home.

Couldn't get a game which is a sharper contrast to Arsenal away. I think we'll win narrowly after being patient against some serious spoiling tactics.

Can't understand the Allardyce hype around the game, he was a bit of a non event here and by no means hated - he was being supported (publicly) by the fans right to the end. He's moved on and so have we - don't see any reason for grudges.

Crowd will be 5K less than Saturday, I understand some fans have to travel and midweek is difficult but I love Wednesday night matches almost as much as Saturday 3pm kick offs.

after being very late to get on the "souness out" bus i was on the "allardyce out" train at the first stop. i wanted rid after portsmouth when after many poor performances he lost it and any faith i had in him.

Did he really get 17 from his first 11? I really don't remember it being like that :lol:

Got 17 points from his first 9 matches, we were in 8th spot at that point.

One month later we'd played 4 more matches and only got 1 more point, and been well and truly tonked off Pompey and L'pool.

after being very late to get on the "souness out" bus i was on the "allardyce out" train at the first stop. i wanted rid after portsmouth when after many poor performances he lost it and any faith i had in him.

No, I never fancied him or his entourage and the football was woeful, but I find him more a source of amusement than scorn.

I think this thread is proof alone that the blob is hated by quite a few fans actually.

Guest Roger Kint

Did he really get 17 from his first 11? I really don't remember it being like that :lol:

No it was 17 from his first 9 then 9 from the next 12 games, just realised i added a league cup win to the points before. When you think that second spell included 2 wins and the Derby County draw all with late, late, late goals for us it would be even worse!

Derby away was pretty bleak, god awful showing for the whole game and one of the coldest games i been to plus our bus nearly crashed coming home.

Fulham away was shocking as well. We actually won 1-0 with a last minute penalty but it was like watching pub football after the players had spent the previous week in the pub.

I think this thread is proof alone that the blob is hated by quite a few fans actually.

You're right - he quite obviously is - I just don't particularly understand it.

He's a poor manager - we sacked him - he's a bit deluded but never said anything bad about NUFC.

Glad he's nowhere near our club but can't hold a grudge either.