Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

Tiote also deserves a rest but I suppose he can get one when he's serving the inevitable suspension.

REST? No one is resting, footballers can rest at the end of the season or over cup games. Not the league.

The positive thing with Blackburn is they're not very talented and will lets us keep possession.

The negative thing is, they'll let us keep possession a lot but they are good in the air at the back especially if Samba plays and our main force is crosses into the Twin Towers.

And unfortunately I think it'll be a 1-1 draw.

I expect a very tough game against a packed midfield and a team looking to spoil the game.

It's the type of game we've struggled with to date - i.e. ones we're expected to win.

I'd settle for any win by any means - pretty much as I would have done against Sundlund.

Guest palnese

I'd be tempted to put Saylor in for Simpson, due to his aerial strenght.

That's the only change I'd make.

Can't believe people are talking about resting players! We've played what, 14 games so far this season?

I'm all for resting players, but Hughton will get a rollicking if the team he puts out doesn't do the job. Outside of our first XI, we're not looking great, tbh. I'd be happy for Routledge to get a game, even Ranger, but after that... :undecided:

Surely you would add the likes of Saylor, Campbell and Guthrie to that list...

Not, really. Neither Saylor or Campbell are at match fitness and Guthrie's been total balls.

Could/should Hughton rest some players ? the same starting 11 now may be getting tired.. I just do not want to unsettle a winning team.

Maybe start with them get a lead and make changes.. more than just bringing Ranger on.

Anyone suggesting that we change the starting XI is a c***, quite frankly.

:snod:

Divvn't fuckin touch it. Just leave it alone.

Stick with the same team, never change a winning team

I agree with this. Why tinker for the sake of it?

You're all missing the point completely - it's not tinkering for the sake of it.

Some of the players are shattered - you can tell from the second half of the game yesterday. They've given their all in the last couple of games and starting to feel the strain as a result. Play the same team against Blackburn and we might as well hand the points to Fulham, because the same players will be crawling on the floor after 20 minutes on Saturday.

Like Aspith said, this isn't the Championship anymore. We're putting alot of effort in and playing above ourselves atm. We can't ask them to do it three times in six days.

no need to rest players,  get them to give us one big effort in these 2 up coming games and then England play midweek.  We don't have many players on international duty, give the players 4 days off after Fulham to recharge their batteries and then get set for Bolton.

Out of the team that played yesterday only Krul has been called up so far.  Tiote will probably get called up and good chance Carroll will but the rest can have a few days off.

You're all missing the point completely - it's not tinkering for the sake of it.

Some of the players are shattered - you can tell from the second half of the game yesterday. They've given their all in the last couple of games and starting to feel the strain as a result. Play the same team against Blackburn and we might as well hand the points to Fulham, because the same players will be crawling on the floor after 20 minutes on Saturday.

Like Aspith said, this isn't the Championship anymore. We're putting alot of effort in and playing above ourselves atm. We can't ask them to do it three times in six days.

:thup:

dont change the starting 11 unless we have to!

Why should we rest players....still early season and its not like we play in Europe either!

If players needs a rest now....then they need more physical trainning or to get sacked!

:thup:

:thdn:

A winning team never gets tired.

Robson didn't even drop players when were in the champions league FFS

Why should we rest players....still early season and its not like we play in Europe either!

If players needs a rest now....then they need more physical trainning or to get sacked!

You're missing the point again.

This isn't an ordinary team in an ordinary season. Some of these players aren't good enough for the PL but they're playing above themselves and as a result, are putting more energy and workrate into performances. They'll burn out alot easier than a Robson team or us in the Championship etc.

This isn't an ordinary team in an ordinary season. Some of these players aren't good enough for the PL but they're playing above themselves and as a result, are putting more energy and workrate into performances. They'll burn out alot easier than a Robson team or us in the Championship etc.

Just out of interest, who in the current starting 11 isnt good enough for the Premier League?

It is early November and this will be most of our starting XI's 4th game in 19 days, the way you're going on you make it sound like it's the back end of long hard season, we've been playing 2 games a week for ages and half the team is suffering from fatigue.

:dowie: :facepalm:

If I agreed that the players were shattered, I'd agree that they should be rested, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on Sunday, so I think consistency is key right now. Would prefer to rest 1 or 2 for Fulham than for this game.

Just out of interest, who in the current starting 11 isnt good enough for the Premier League?

Not necessarily not good enough, but i think Nolan, Simpson, Barton and Ameobi in particular are playing above themselves atm.

If I agreed that the players were shattered, I'd agree that they should be rested, but I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on Sunday, so I think consistency is key right now. Would prefer to rest 1 or 2 for Fulham than for this game.

You musn't have been looking hard enough then, because Nolan and Ameobi were dead after about 60 minutes and Jonas looked off for the majority of the game.

Not necessarily not good enough, but i think Nolan, Simpson, Barton and Ameobi in particular are playing above themselves atm.

So what you said in your earlier post was just overly negative bollocks then? It's a pretty big difference between not being good enough for this league (something that Barton and Nolan have proved before that they are) and to be playing above themselves.

If our players had looked knackered on Sunday, then fair enough, rest them, but none of them did. In the last fifteen minutes of the game we controlled Arsenal very well, and none of them looked even close to showing any fatigue, no reason whatsoever to rest them then.

You musn't have been looking hard enough then, because Nolan and Ameobi were dead after about 60 minutes and Jonas looked off for the majority of the game.

It's more likely that you're just wrong tbh.