Newcastle United 1 - 2 Blackburn - 10/11/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Who are the scapegoats tonight then? Williamson thread has been bumped so I assume him, any others?

All the cunts. Sack them all especially the fucking foreigners and even more especially the fucking cockneys.

Guest Heneage

Truly infuriating, why do we have to make it hard for ourselves by being so complacent and throwing away the easiest games in our calender. We played against a team who lined up to defend, and still managed to concede twice to long ball merchants, and now BSA seems justified and can play the 'I should have been given time' record because we can't just go out and play with the confidence and effort of our away games.

To top it off, Sky have jumped on Barton's back because of a daft moment, Tiote's made a daft mistake and is now missing for a game against a Fulham side who are twice as dangerous as Blackburn and with an equal bogey feeling about them.

jonas was wank tonight, provided 0 crosses. Drop him for ferguson at home.

wrong.... but he's still the jonas of couple seasons ago, imo.

Agreed sadly, the guy just puzzles me.

You should be pleased, makes you look like a model poster Neesy lad.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Real football teams will come to SJP and lose. Nothing to get in a state about. Big Sam had a right go at some Toon fans near the dug out just before half time. Anti-football really does sum them up, but Big Sam will call it tactics. Every 'foul' they won they stayed on the ground for 10 minutes to kill what little tempo to the game we had created. Disgrace.

Guest Chris P

Who are the scapegoats tonight then? Williamson thread has been bumped so I assume him, any others?

Surprised Nolan's not had much stick.

Thats so last Month

Surprised Nolan's not had much stick.

Thats so last Month

Some people might say he's done nowt the past two matches...

Krul 6 - Looked assured again, couldnt really do much for either goal.

Simpson 6 - Alright, didn't put a foot wrong but didn't offer a lot going forward.

Williamson 5 - Alright on the whole but a weak effort for the second.

Colo 5 - See Williamson, got completely caught for that second goal.

Enrique 6 - Same as Simpson with slightly more threat going forward.

Barton 5 - Hit and miss but still one of our more creative players, probably shouldn't of been on the park after that dig on Pederson.

Nolan 5 - Alright going forward, clumsy coming back. Looked like he might be carrying an injury

Tiote 5 - Probably his worst game in a Newcastle shirt. His passing was spot on but he got caught in posession which led to the first and gave a couple of daft fouls away around the box. Daft against any side.

Jonas 6 - Probably our most creative player. Ran at the blackburn defence and put a couple of half decent balls in.

Carroll 7 - Great header for the goal. Always a threat in the air, helped out well defensively too.

Shola 3 Absolutely woeful. Obviously carrying an injury, but his control and blance were absolutely shocking.

Ranger 4 - Not much of an improvement on Shola. Offered little in the way of a threat. The one time he got in behind he fluffed his lines.

the worst thing about this is that i kinda expected us to fuck up today - i'm just not used to long winning streaks somehow. the second worst thing is that i've installed a bunch of chinese spy softwares to watch this shit...

but on a positive note, regardless of where we'll end up come may, this season has already produced some memorable matches (villa, scum, arsenal), and despite the home fuckups i still love this group of lads, so i hope that we can regroup till the weekend and trash fulham 7-1. btw we're still 5th!  

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ergh, that's Big Sam all over. Outwitted. Heh.

"How to win football 101." By Big Sam.

1. Fall over loads.

2. Stay on the ground loads. It'll stop football from being played.

3. Wait.

4. Wait.

5. Almost.

6. Fall over some more they're playing football again.

7. Waaaaaaaaaait.

8. OK.

9. NOW!

10. Pounce on that mistake!

You'd think Chris would have more of a plan B in these games. We were woefully lopsided and looked devoid of ideas after an hour. Need a more balanced team against this sort of opposition to negate the tactic of a flooded midfield.

Routledge should have came on after about 60 mins for sure.

Guest palnese

There's really no other option than what Chris did. Bring on a quicker, more explosive player up top. He did that, it worked for a bit, but the defense was still shit.

He could have brought Routledge on a bit earlier. Easy to say now though.

A confident Routledge would be a great asset to have on the bench to bring on against tiring teams. Unfortunately he's looked very out of sorts all season.

There's really no other option than what Chris did. Bring on a quicker, more explosive player up top. He did that, it worked for a bit, but the defense was still s***.

Ranger? Explosive?!

More than Ameobi. His only other option is Lovenkrands.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There's really no other option than what Chris did. Bring on a quicker, more explosive player up top. He did that, it worked for a bit, but the defense was still s***.

Ranger? Explosive?!

Ignore the Prophet. He brings false heralds, and I think Ranger must have wronged him at some time. Possibly splashed him with a puddle as he drove by in his big Ranger Rover.

Ranger? Explosive?!

He faced a difficult choice give the lack of options, can't really criticise him too much. I'd of brought Routledge on personally and stuck Barton in the middle to give us an extra body. There again I'm not a Premier League manager so who am I to judge.