Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This season is just so random, and it's hurting my head thinking why. :lol:

That's the feeling we have when we try to work out your posts.  :fishing:

Guest neesy111

This season is just so random, and it's hurting my head thinking why. :lol:

That's the feeling we have when we try to work out your posts.  :fishing:

:lol:

There's really no other option than what Chris did. Bring on a quicker, more explosive player up top. He did that, it worked for a bit, but the defense was still s***.

Ranger? Explosive?!

More than Ameobi. His only other option is Lovenkrands.

Ignore the Prophet. He brings false heralds, and I think Ranger must have wronged him at some time. Possibly splashed him with a puddle as he drove by in his big Ranger Rover.

Ranger is a young, raw, ineffective player who needs to be loaned to lower league to learn his trade. Offers no threat in front of goal what so ever.

A confident Routledge would be a great asset to have on the bench to bring on against tiring teams. Unfortunately he's looked very out of sorts all season.

It's like he's never believed he's good enough at this level.

Maybe a switch of role might spark him into life. Maybe playing off the front man or down the middle.  Or cutting the oranges at half time.

Rubbish tonight and Hughton lost the tactical battle against Fat Sam who had obviously done his homework. Hughton brought on Routledge 20 mins too late (when we were 2-1 down) They doubled/tripled up on Jonas and of course we had zero down the right as Barton kept on drifting inside. As a result - no service at all for Carroll and Shola. The former was fouled all night by Samba and how he stayed on the pitch is beyond me. Typical of Blackburn though - they came to spoil and did. We had no answer and thank feck for our away form.

Am I also right in thinking we are still 5th? Crazy league this year!

PS - What did Barton do? Couldn't see from the Gallowgate.

Routledge was the option that was obvious. Joey wasn't positionally disciplined today and consequently the midfield was stagnant. This is the type of game where Nolan is shit and does naff all and it's a common theme of the home games this season. Should have mixed it up at 65 minutes or so and gone with a different angle.

Jonas was my motm tbh, a tireless performance and we deserved a point, the ultimate smash n' grab tbh. It's just a shame Chris hasn't learnt from previous matches.

A confident Routledge would be a great asset to have on the bench to bring on against tiring teams. Unfortunately he's looked very out of sorts all season.

It's like he's never believed he's good enough at this level.

Maybe a switch of role might spark him into life. Maybe playing off the front man or down the middle.  Or cutting the oranges at half time.

Yep, I agree. Its as if he knows he's been here before and failed and has a mental block. He was a real livewire last year and was running at players all the time. Never showed any willingness to attack his fullback in his showings this season and was happier to play square balls or knock it back to the full back.

He needs Hughton to have a word, and hopeully get him playing with a more positive attitude.

I'd rather we'd lost to Arsenal and beaten these cunts tbh. Or I'd rather we'd just won both games, Jesus for some reason I'm more pissed off with Williamson than Tiote but they both made pretty big mistakes. I wouldn't be as annoyed if we'd actually made some decent chances but once again we only really had a single chance and put it away.

I'm really worried about saturday now, players will be tired and demoralised but at least Fulham also lost.

Simpson for England  :iamatwat: he is very poor. Stands off his man, lets him turn and then waits for Barton to close him down. Also launches the ball anywhere and passes the ball 30 yards back to keeper when no one near him.

We are crying out for some creative players as all we seem to do tonight was pump the ball into the box and hope that somehow it would fall for us. Blackburn were are an awful team and we played into their hands, Robinson had nothing to do apart from the goal  :dave:

Really don't understand how Hughton 'lost the tactical battle.'

Jonas marked out of the game pretty much - midfield flooded to Nolan proved ineffective. Nothing down our right hand side as Barton kept on drifting in to try and make a difference. We played right into Fat Sam's hands tonight.

Jonas marked out of the game pretty much - midfield flooded to Nolan proved ineffective. Nothing down our right hand side as Barton kept on drifting in to try and make a difference. We played right into Fat Sam's hands tonight.

We had plenty of possession just no creativity. Thought Jonas was one of our more threatning players if anything Carroll looked completely isolated due to Nolan being marked out of the game and Shola/Ranger being largely ineffective. Its also worth bearing in mind we did actually score but were let down by two poor pieces of defensive play.

We had plenty of possession just no creativity. Thought Jonas was one of our more threatning players if anything Carroll looked completely isolated due to Nolan being marked out of the game and Shola/Ranger being largely ineffective. Its also worth bearing in mind we did actually score but were let down by two poor pieces of defensive play.

How many crosses went into the box today and how many saves did Robinson have to make? Answer - not many at all! Hughton should have tried something different a lot earlier than he did - unfortunately it would appear there is no Plan B.

How many crosses went into the box today and how many saves did Robinson have to make? Answer - not many at all! Hughton should have tried something different a lot earlier than he did - unfortunately it would appear there is no Plan B.

Fair play to Blackburn - they came with a plan and it worked.  If I had to watch niggly, horrible football like that every week then I think I'd pack in going!

Sounds like what most said after the Stoke game.