Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

Just seen the weather forecast on BBC fir this weekend. Heavy snow across Newcastle throughout tonight. With an early kick off very hard to see the match being on.

Prophet of Doom, pray could you tell me the last time a match, to be played in the middle of the day (12-4pm KO) was called off?

People say this every time it snows. You'd think it was some kind of unprecedented event in the UK.

Just seen the weather forecast on BBC fir this weekend. Heavy snow across Newcastle throughout tonight. With an early kick off very hard to see the match being on.

Prophet of Doom, pray could you tell me the last time a match, to be played in the middle of the day (12-4pm KO) was called off?

That's maybe because we're speaking from experience. Last season we had almost all games postponed one weekend. See http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1927520,00.html.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It'll go ahead.  Guaranteed.

I'm not guaranteeing it, I'm just saying it will.

Don't come to me looking for a refund if it is called off.

:undecided:

We have allsorts of ant-snow weaponry in our arsenal now.

Shovels, undersoil heating, lights etc.

Don't forget the wellies. Shola will be wearing his favourite Thomas the Tank Engine ones he got for his last birthday at approx 1-25pm Sunday.

They will have no detrimental effect upon his game.

What they should do is get the pitch cleared for KO and delay it by 15 minutes. If people can't get to the match its tough luck.

I blame Boro for the start of the nonsense about unsafe surrounding grounds causing Postponements , can't remember that happening before they done it.

The whole midwest of USA would have to cancel their NFL winter season if they had the same attitude as the PC brigade in the UK.

My guess is health and safety will say area surrounding stadium isn't safe and it'll be called off

And Sky will tell them to fuck off and pay to clear the streets/roads around the stadium - they've done it before.

It'll go ahead, man.

Guest Roger Kint

My guess is health and safety will say area surrounding stadium isn't safe and it'll be called off

And Sky will tell them to f*** off and pay to clear the streets/roads around the stadium - they've done it before.

It'll go ahead, man.

The City Centre is always well gritted for shoppers regardless of this game, the pitch is looking ok at the minute wheres the big problem? Unless it gets to arctic conditions then it will go ahead. People seem to take one look at their back garden and think all public areas will look the same.