Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

Whats up with Lovenkrands?, would be good to have as an option, or how about Ranger on the right?

Anyway, I really hope we come away with something tomorrow, a point will do for me.

The first sentence contradicts the second one. If you are genuine about the first one, the second one should read "I really hope we lose by at least three goals tomorrow without scoring"

Whats up with Lovenkrands?, would be good to have as an option, or how about Ranger on the right?

Anyway, I really hope we come away with something tomorrow, a point will do for me.

The first sentence contradicts the second one. If you are genuine about the first one, the second one should read "I really hope we lose by at least three goals tomorrow without scoring"

I meant I hope we get something from the game, getting a point is gaining something from that game.

Guest dotdotuk

I think we have to accept that the game may be called off.  To be honest public safety comes first and mother nature is bigger than the council, NUFC and Sky Tv!  So if the game is off you cannot say it is the councils fault or that the club did not do enough.  A bit of grit and a few shovels cannot compete with a dump of snow.

I am a season ticket holder but lets be honest about it I would rather be able to get to work safely on Monday than the match on Sunday.  Let's keep it in proportion.

I was out and about today ( walking to the shops!) and it was bitterly cold by about 15:00.  Imagine sitting still for 2 hours at SJP.  Is it safe for the Chelsea fans to travel?  Will some of our public transport be off?  My sister lives north of Morpeth and she is a season ticket holder so I don't fancy her chances of getting to town tomorrow.  Is it fair on her and the thousands of others who travel such distances to be denied the opportunity to support the team?

However, if the game goes ahead here is a question - will I be chucked out of the ground if I use a hipflask filled with something to keep me warm!!   

:kasper:

I think we have to accept that the game may be called off.  To be honest public safety comes first and mother nature is bigger than the council, NUFC and Sky Tv!  So if the game is off you cannot say it is the councils fault or that the club did not do enough.  A bit of grit and a few shovels cannot compete with a dump of snow.

Yes it can. You guys just really, really suck at doing it.

Guest dotdotuk

Well we usually don't get much of this bad weather.  Therefore we plan for the average.  If we got really bad weather a lot of the time then more emphasis would be put on it.   

If each local council had 50 gritters and 100 men employed on standby throughout the winter, then we had 4 or 5 mild winters in a row  I can imagine the newspaper stories about spendthrift council mandarins wasting money having uneccesary men and trucks on standby!  Featuring the second jobs of the gritter drivers and how they sleep all night etc etc!!

Well we usually don't get much of this bad weather.  Therefore we plan for the average.  If we got really bad weather a lot of the time then more emphasis would be put on it.   

If each local council had 50 gritters and 100 men employed on standby throughout the winter, then we had 4 or 5 mild winters in a row  I can imagine the newspaper stories about spendthrift council mandarins wasting money having uneccesary men and trucks on standby!  Featuring the second jobs of the gritter drivers and how they sleep all night etc etc!!

They'd not need to be employed just for something like that, you just need to teach a few road workers how to do shit when it's snowy and then just pay them extra when they need to be called out during conditions like you have now. You don't need to have people employed only to do one task, just teach the ones you have employed how to do a task they may or may not have to do a few times a year.

They'd not need to be employed just for something like that, you just need to teach a few road workers how to do s*** when it's snowy and then just pay them extra when they need to be called out during conditions like you have now. You don't need to have people employed only to do one task, just teach the ones you have employed how to do a task they may or may not have to do a few times a year.

your joking, that'll be a sunday (ie double time) and so they'll drag it out for as many hours as poss. it would get done but by 8pm.

Gotta agree with Norway; its pathetic the way we call games off over here. Health & Safety in this country has reached ridiculous proportions over the last decade. Its a foot of snow man ffs, its so easy not to hurt yourself in a foot of snow.

Gotta agree with Norway; its pathetic the way we call games off over here. Health & Safety in this country has reached ridiculous proportions over the last decade. Its a foot of snow man ffs, its so easy not to hurt yourself in a foot of snow.

The safety concerns of a huge crowd is somewhat different to that of a single bloke in the street, like. If emergency vehicles can't get there safely, crowd can't disperse safely, etc. then it'll be best to postpone, obviously.

it's not health and safety to be fair, it's more that the scandos cope better as they get it every year so are prepared, whereas we have been caught by a second year of decent snow after how many without ? we still don't prepare for snow as past experience has told us we don't really need to.

You really don't need much to be prepared for some snow, it's not like you'd need to employ tons of people specifically for the off chance there might be snowy weather. You just need to teach a few of your already employed road workers how to deal with snowy conditions, and obviously stock enough gritters. It's also rather obvious that having some kind of preparation for this would save money compared to what you have to do when you year after year go all "wtf? snow? lol".

It's a shit excuse.

You really don't need much to be prepared for some snow, it's not like you'd need to employ tons of people specifically for the off chance there might be snowy weather. You just need to teach a few of your already employed road workers how to deal with snowy conditions. It's also rather obvious that having some kind of preparation for this would save money compared to what you have to do when you year after year go all "wtf? snow? lol".

It's a s*** excuse.

year after year ? it's usually very isolated. we do have some preperation but for what we normally get. what happens though is that the powers that be are also concerned about the 40,000 plus and there making there way to the ground.

on second thoughts whose job is it to do it ? or more to the point who pays ?

You really don't need much to be prepared for some snow, it's not like you'd need to employ tons of people specifically for the off chance there might be snowy weather. You just need to teach a few of your already employed road workers how to deal with snowy conditions. It's also rather obvious that having some kind of preparation for this would save money compared to what you have to do when you year after year go all "wtf? snow? lol".

It's a s*** excuse.

year after year ? it's usually very isolated. we do have some preperation but for what we normally get. what happens though is that the powers that be are also concerned about the 40,000 plus and there making there way to the ground.

on second thoughts whose job is it to do it ? or more to the point who pays ?

It's either the government or the private sector. I don't know how you guys have decided to handle this yonks ago.