Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

You really don't need much to be prepared for some snow, it's not like you'd need to employ tons of people specifically for the off chance there might be snowy weather. You just need to teach a few of your already employed road workers how to deal with snowy conditions. It's also rather obvious that having some kind of preparation for this would save money compared to what you have to do when you year after year go all "wtf? snow? lol".

It's a s*** excuse.

year after year ? it's usually very isolated. we do have some preperation but for what we normally get. what happens though is that the powers that be are also concerned about the 40,000 plus and there making there way to the ground.

on second thoughts whose job is it to do it ? or more to the point who pays ?

It's either the government or the private sector. I don't know how you guys have decided to handle this yonks ago.

some will be up to the council but then again how much , like policing, is the club expected to put in, also i'd imagine the ground itse;lf will be solely down to the club.

i'll stand by what i posted the other day, if the club wants it to go ahead , it will.

I hate to use the same example every time this snow issue comes up but in America, NFL games are never called off due to snow; despite it being much colder than it will be tomorrow and there being much deeper snow on the ground and in most cases much bigger crowds attending the game. If they can do that with ease then we should be able to cope with this.

I hate to use the same example every time this snow issue comes up but in America, NFL games are never called off due to snow; despite it being much colder than it will be tomorrow and there being much deeper snow on the ground and in most cases much bigger crowds attending the game. If they can do that with ease then we should be able to cope with this.

and the local government over there will help finance the stadiums aswell. on a side note i wonder if the clubs, the nfl or the local authorities pay for the policing etc

and the local government over there will help finance the stadiums aswell. on a side note i wonder if the clubs, the nfl or the local authorities pay for the policing etc

No idea mate but I think there is just a total complete, different mentality towards snow and sporting events over there. They dont fear and shy away from it like we do; they just shift the snow and go to the game no problems whatsoever. Its all part of the fun.

No idea mate but I think there is just a total complete, different mentality towards snow and sporting events over there. They dont fear and shy away from it like we do; they just shift the snow and go to the game no problems whatsoever. Its all part of the fun.

it's probably already decided who's job it is. over here it's all squabbling over who's going to pay for it.

We really need to get Prince Kaizero Fortinbras of Norway into the UK gritter ring.

More like you English need to man up and get on with it. It's not natural for your country to come to a complete stop with just a tiny bit of snow. If it was a lot of snow, sure, you're not used to it. But for things to go mental from the amount I've seen you have at the moment is just silly even if I'm a Norwegian and used to snow or not.

We really need to get Prince Kaizero Fortinbras of Norway into the UK gritter ring.

More like you English need to man up and get on with it. It's not natural for your country to come to a complete stop with just a tiny bit of snow. If it was a lot of snow, sure, you're not used to it. But for things to go mental from the amount I've seen you have at the moment is just silly even if I'm a Norwegian and used to snow or not.

it's not that, it's more a question of all agencies trying to get others to pay for it, we can do it if someone pays, but they are still arguing over who'll pay.

What would you consider deep in Scandinavia?

Theres 11 inches of snow on the grass at the moment and more to come overnight. That for me isn't a tiny bit of snow.

Theres 11 inches of snow on the grass at the moment and more to come overnight. That for me isn't a tiny bit of snow.

the pitch is the least of the problems, that WILL be playable if we want it to be.

:mackems:

11 inch  :lol:

We are cooler though, don't you worry

I like how he's saying it like it's a lot of snow. :lol:

I wasn't even joking! You were talking sense. It happens every year and it's never dealt with.

I wasn't even joking! You were talking sense. It happens every year and it's never dealt with.

I thought you were joking. :lol: It's really not something that's overly expensive. We, Norway, don't spend too much money on this shit. You'd imagine you'd not spend too much money on it with just training some people and having enough grinders on standby should it happen. It's fairly simple to assume that the cost would be less when being prepared than when not.

I seriously thought of this the other day, why a big country like England doesn't seem to cope with cold sports.

What are you actually good at?

Hockey - no

skiing - no

alpine - no?

maybe some skating or something?

maybe cos we dont really get much snow ? for us normally a bad winter is  a week or two of frost.

It's very easy for Kaizero (from a country which is used to getting shitloads of snow) to sit there and laugh at England for not being able to cope with this situation.

This isn't a normal November for us man. It'd cost a fortune to constantly be prepared for this amount of snow.

I thought you were joking. :lol: It's really not something that's overly expensive. We, Norway, don't spend too much money on this s***. You'd imagine you'd not spend too much money on it with just training some people and having enough grinders on standby should it happen. It's fairly simple to assume that the cost would be less when being prepared than when not.

exactly, we are prepared for what we normally get......saying that we even then tend to stretch to do it, byt just get it doen nonetheless.

It's very easy for Kaizero (from a country which is used to getting shitloads of snow) to sit there and laugh at England for not being able to cope with this situation.

This isn't a normal November for us man. It'd cost a fortune to constantly be prepared for this amount of snow.

It wouldn't, though. That's what I'm saying. It really wouldn't. It's surprisingly inexpensive to be prepared contra not being prepared. Basically just adding a task to already exisiting jobs and maintaining a decent enough stock of grinders would see the cost of maintaining said grinders be less expensive than the cost of hell breaking loose every time it snows more than five centimetres.