Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

Even if we get nothing from it pointswise we need to keep our goal difference in reasonable shape, it could well count for quite a lot at the end of the season. The GD was looking good until that tanking by Bolton, so a narrow loss on Sunday would not be a complete disaster.  Negative thinking I know but just trying to be pragmatic I guess.....

Chelsea have already named their starting XI. :laugh:

Chelsea XI vs Newcastle: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka #fb

maloude in cm? assuming its their usual 4-3-3, odd if it is

Malouda has played there plenty of times last season if I'm not mistaken. And for France too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If they make the decision to call it off, wonder what time it'll be made. Can imagine a few annoyed Cockneys if its called off 30mins before KO.  :lol:

Strangely confident about this Jose can handle Anelka if he's on top form and i'd rather have Kalou against Simpson then Malouda, with Tiote back i think we might be able to handle Malouda through the centre and i cant see Carroll struggling against and injured centre halve and a full back as their centre pairing. Routledge has to play IMO we can't leave a huge gap on the right playing Guthrie because from what i've watched of chelsea this season Cole overlaps and leaving Simpson exposed against two decent players could be catastrophic. Jose and Jonas attacking against Bosingwa who i still dont think is match fit. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Krul

Simpson Saylor Sol Jose

Tiote

Routledge Nolan Jonas

Carroll Shola

If they make the decision to call it off, wonder what time it'll be made. Can imagine a few annoyed Cockneys if its called off 30mins before KO.  :lol:

happened when we played Charlton a few years back.  Had my seat in the Milburn then, got in, stood above the tunnel as the announcement was being made.  Lee Clark was going mental.

Snowing again

Yeah, can't see this going ahead now. Even if there's no more snow after tonight, it'll just freeze over anyway and the council are too shit to sort it out. Should be number one priority for all grit in the region!

People say this every time it snows. You'd think it was some kind of unprecedented event in the UK.

Yeah, but if they're going to call the game off I hope they do it well before KO. Haven't read the thread, but I'm sure several people have said the same already. Yeah it was 5 or so years ago, but that Charlton game was called off about 20 minutes before KO. Why? Everyone who was coming was there already. Obviously more of a pisser for the away lot.

This weather reminds me of the game where Mourinho brought on 3 subs at half time and seconds later Wayne Bridge was laid-out, along with his career, in the snow to the side of the SJP pitch and we went on to dump them out the cup.  :snod:

This weather reminds me of the game where Mourinho brought on 3 subs at half time and seconds later Wayne Bridge was laid-out, along with his career, in the snow to the side of the SJP pitch and we went on to dump them out the cup.  :snod:

Wasn't it in the FA Cup and Kluivert scored the winner?

Aye, his header at the near post very early on iirc.  And having to hold on for quite a bit against a 10 and then 9 man Chelsea.

Aye, his header at the near post very early on iirc.  And having to hold on for quite a bit against a 10 and then 9 man Chelsea.

Didn't Glen Johnson have to go in goal? That was a crazy match...

Guest Geordiesned

Just seen the weather forecast on BBC fir this weekend. Heavy snow across Newcastle throughout tonight. With an early kick off very hard to see the match being on.