Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

Hopefully the game will go ahead and we need to go in with a high tempo from the off like the Sunderland game to have any chance ,if we play anyway like we have at home this season we are fucked and the players need to lift the crowd early and vice versa.

Well I'm on the train now so the kids are having a day trip no matter what. Come on sky, pull your corporate finger out!

NUFC via 5Live: Match goes ahead unless "significant snowfall" between now and kick-off

:thup:

Speaking to Sky Sports News on Sunday, NUFC Facilities Manager Eddie Rutherford confirmed that his staff had been working all night to clear both pitch and spectator areas, making the comment that "as long as there's no more snow, the game will go ahead".

Rutherford also confirmed that the roads and paths surrounding SJP were in good condition after council clearing work.

Im doubtful to be honest, I drove through the city centre this morning taking the wife to work, the roads and walkways were pretty bad.

Head Groundsman or Man on the Street?

Guest The_Optimistic

Well I'm on the train now so the kids are having a day trip no matter what. Come on sky, pull your corporate finger out!

NUFC via 5Live: Match goes ahead unless "significant snowfall" between now and kick-off

Speaking to Sky Sports News on Sunday, NUFC Facilities Manager Eddie Rutherford confirmed that his staff had been working all night to clear both pitch and spectator areas, making the comment that "as long as there's no more snow, the game will go ahead".

Rutherford also confirmed that the roads and paths surrounding SJP were in good condition after council clearing work.

Im doubtful to be honest, I drove through the city centre this morning taking the wife to work, the roads and walkways were pretty bad.

Just giving my opinion!  Cracking effort by everyone involved in the operation if it goes ahead!

Just giving my opinion!  Cracking effort by everyone involved in the operation if it goes ahead!

Totally agree unlike some games over the years involving other teams who saw fit to make no effort at all to get a game on and tbh Sky money might be a factor but would rather we play Chelski now when they are in a mini slump like us but home advantage and players with a point to prove maybe in our favour.

they did say if there was more "significant" snow fall then its off. the snow thats coming down now really isn't heavy so fingers crossed its still on