Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

The entire United Kingdom is 'generally unprepared for any amounts of snow/ice'. Proof? Some Norwegian news articles. :lol:

What a f***ing ridiculous argument. I can't be arsed any more, sorry.

probably the biggest lie ever posted on this forum.

I can find UK news articles as well no problem. You want me to go fetch? It's no use discussing something when what you are doing is nothing but trying to ridicule the opposition, it's an unfair tactic. I'm at least basing my side on incidents reported in news reports even outside the UK. We'd not bother about your weather if it wasn't big-ish/amusing, and we do see it pretty much once or twice a year. It's not at all an unfair assumption to say your country is unprepared for snowy or icy conditions based on this. Obviously incidents are localised, but they're still incidents all the same. Incidents that costs more money than it should for the UK economy.

I can find UK news articles as well no problem. You want me to go fetch? It's no use discussing something when what you are doing is nothing but trying to ridicule the opposition, it's an unfair tactic. I'm at least basing my side on incidents reported in news reports even outside the UK. We'd not bother about your weather if it wasn't big-ish/amusing, and we do see it pretty much once or twice a year. It's not at all an unfair assumption to say your country is unprepared for snowy or icy conditions based on this. Obviously incidents are localised, but they're still incidents all the same. Incidents that costs more money than it should for the UK economy.

no-one is denying we struggle in snowy conditions. the problems is in that you are struggling to understand why. i'll tell you (again) the last two years have given us our first significant snowfalls in years (ie my daughters sleage)and naturally you only prepare for what you think will happen given history  etc.

no-one is denying we struggle in snowy conditions. the problems is in that you are struggling to understand why. i'll tell you (again) the last two years have given us our first significant snowfalls in years (ie my daughters sleage)and naturally you only prepare for what you think will happen given history  etc.

I'm not contesting that you don't have significant snowfalls often each year. I'm just saying that certain small changes could do your country a whole lot of good. Nothing major, just something as small as training people in other sections or road maintenance for gritting duty and potentially having a few more gritters in stock. It'd make a world of difference if the snowfall comes whilst being inexpensive. It's all I've been arguing for all night, I don't see what's wrong enough with the suggestion to keep up a counter argument tbh.

I'm not contesting that you don't have significant snowfalls often each year. I'm just saying that certain small changes could do your country a whole lot of good. Nothing major, just something as small as training people in other sections or road maintenance for gritting duty and potentially having a few more gritters in stock. It'd make a world of difference if the snowfall comes whilst being inexpensive. It's all I've been arguing for all night, I don't see what's wrong enough with the suggestion to keep up a counter argument tbh.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm suggesting for the future, obviously not suggesting you should travel back in time two years and do this. As you said, you only plan for what you think will happen given history, and now it's happened the last two years. Will you prepare for a potential third year? I don't think you will even give it a thought and just go "wtf? snow? lol" next year as well (if it happens), which is what annoys me.

I'm suggesting for the future, obviously not suggesting you should travel back in time two years and do this.

and now you know our future weather, thank fuck for that. i've got my summer hols in june, can i take the family camping, will it be wet ?

I'm suggesting for the future, obviously not suggesting you should travel back in time two years and do this.

and now you know our future weather, thank fuck for that. i've got my summer hols in june, can i take the family camping, will it be wet ?

Again. My point is that taken into the account the money lost these two years compared to what it would cost (granted on assumption based on the Cumbria annual budget) to have preparation it would be better economically and infrastructure-wise to be better prepared for the unlikely should it happen again, which, looking to history, it eventually will even if the next few years are snow free.

I would start like this

Krul

Simpson Fatty Fatty#2 Enrique

Jonas Smith Tiote Guthrie Ferguson

Ranger

and yes the match will be cancelled due to this team being on the field.

Have an image of Kaizero's house on the day the snow settles, the roads and everyones houses covered with snow but Kaizero's lawn greener than green and not a patch of snow in sight. He then goes inside pleased with his snow clearence work and goes back upstairs as the snow has stopped. He then looks out of the window with a smile on his face until he sees the snow has returned, he runs downstairs as fast as possible, flings open the front door and dives as if the snowdrop was a corkey ball and clutches it in his hand.

This is the shittest pre-match discussion ever :lol: ;)

I dunno why, but I just fancy Kluivert to score tomorrow.

Watching Goal! the other day certainly reminded me of the times.........(the horrible Souness times mind) but that FA Cup game was definitely a good day.

Have an image of Kaizero's house on the day the snow settles, the roads and everyones houses covered with snow but Kaizero's lawn greener than green and not a patch of snow in sight. He then goes inside pleased with his snow clearence work and goes back upstairs as the snow has stopped. He then looks out of the window with a smile on his face until he sees the snow has returned, he runs downstairs as fast as possible, flings open the front door and dives as if the snowdrop was a corkey ball and clutches it in his hand.

That darn snow is always after me lucky lawn. :weep:

Guest KeithKettleborough

After a fairly heavy fall, including some hail stuff, the snow stopped about 2 hours ago, now just clear skies, minus 2 and falling with light winds. Now back to Huw in the newsroom ;)