Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

I agree with Johnny to an extent but I think that people are vastly overestimating the supposed dangers that a foot of snow poses to a bunch of people walking into and out of a football stadium. Its really not that big a deal. Yes, a small percentage of people will injure themselves but hell, that's life, people get hurt, deal with it and move on.

The Federation of Small Businesses said that it expects the economy to lose out on £1.2bn both on Monday and Tuesday, with smaller losses over the rest of the week as the country experiences the biggest snow storm in almost 20 years.

Last year’s brutal winter – the harshest for 30 years in Cumbria and much of the UK – has raised fears of a repeat performance, and put the spotlight on the county’s response.

It does not change the fact that you'd still be likely to save more on budgeting larger for better snow preparation.

You're comparing the 'could cost' figure for the entire UK with the budget cost for a single highways agency, one that we don't even know will cope anyway.

The point is this doesn't happen very often at all. That overrides all other considerations.

I agree with Johnny to an extent but I think that people are vastly overestimating the supposed dangers that a foot of snow poses to a bunch of people walking into and out of a football stadium. Its really not that big a deal. Yes, a small percentage of people will injure themselves but hell, that's life, people get hurt, deal with it and move on.

or maybe certain agencies want to minimise the risk of crappily spiteful lawsuits ?

This is the shittest pre-match discussion ever :lol: ;)

I dunno why, but I just fancy Kluivert to score tomorrow.

Wahey! I'm talking to you.

I am growing increasingly confident about Carroll being too much for their defence to handle, especially with Terry out, Campbell and Taylor a nuisance on set plays, and the weather condit-... s***!

isn't that a tad worrying though ?

play to carroll and set plays.

I'd like to think that whilst Carroll is the focal point of our attack, we have a little more guile and panache about us in how we play and, furthermore, that others will chip in with goals here and there.

We're certainly not a Blackburn/Stoke IMO, and we're not a one man team - and if we are, that man is arguably Tiote!

or maybe certain agencies want to minimise the risk of crappily spiteful lawsuits ?

You're right mate but its all wrong, all wrong; its a fucked up state of affairs.

The Federation of Small Businesses said that it expects the economy to lose out on £1.2bn both on Monday and Tuesday, with smaller losses over the rest of the week as the country experiences the biggest snow storm in almost 20 years.

Last year’s brutal winter – the harshest for 30 years in Cumbria and much of the UK – has raised fears of a repeat performance, and put the spotlight on the county’s response.

It does not change the fact that you'd still be likely to save more on budgeting larger for better snow preparation.

You're comparing the 'could cost' figure for the entire UK with the budget cost for a single highways agency, one that we don't even know will cope anyway.

The point is this doesn't happen very often. That overrides all other considerations.

If 500 UK cities (Isn't it for the entire Cumbria county, though? Might be wrong.) have the same budget you'd still only be at 2bn.

And my point is that even if it doesn't happen very often, it's the wrong mindset to have.

NOt sure about kaIz but I was taking the piss

You are also cool human beings

Love

Peace

I just like discussing shit at nighttime. I might be wrong, I might be right. It's all about the journey to eventually find out and reach an agreement with the one you're discussing with, or leave the computer enraged at someone in another country.

The point is this doesn't happen very often. That overrides all other considerations.

If 500 UK cities (Isn't it for the entire Cumbria county, though? Might be wrong.) have the same budget you'd still only be at 2bn.

And my point is that even if it doesn't happen very often, it's the wrong mindset to have.

Nobody lives in Cumbria though, it's even less populous than Norway.

Yeah, and then multiply paying that extra money for the 20 years between occurrences. What a farcial argument this is, with crappy economics done on the back of a fag packet. :lol:

The fact is this doesn't normally happen, and the money is needed elsewhere for things that happen all the time. Otherwise we would fucking budget for it...

Yeah, and then multiply paying that extra money for the 20 years between occurances. What a farcial argument this is, with crappy economics done on the back of a fag packet. :lol:

The fact is this doesn't normally happen, and the money is needed elsewhere for things that happen all the time. Otherwise we would fucking budget for it...

It happens, though. Obviously not to the degree of the "snow crisis", but as mentioned only the winters between 91-93, 97-00, 06-08 (9 out of 20 years) have been without any occurences of snow over 5 inches. I'm saying you are generally unprepared for any amounts of snow/ice.

As are the lower regions of France, just fyi.

Yeah, and then multiply paying that extra money for the 20 years between occurances. What a farcial argument this is, with crappy economics done on the back of a fag packet. :lol:

It happens, though. Obviously not to the degree of the "snow crisis", but as mentioned only the winters between 91-93, 97-00, 06-08 (9 out of 20 years) have been without any occurences of snow over 5 inches. I'm saying you are generally unprepared for any amounts of snow/ice.

Justify that please.

And where are you getting those figures on snowfall from? I'm willing to wager they include Scotland.

On a lighter note, Florent Malouda seems to be losing his eyesight.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/london-chelsea-fc/2010/11/28/chelsea-star-florent-malouda-ready-for-newcastle-fight-82029-27729390/

FLORENT Malouda insists Chelsea are ready to rough it at Newcastle this afternoon.

The French flyer knows the hosts will be doing all they can to stop the Blues' flowing passing game.

But he insists Carlo Ancelotti's side can mix it with the best of them as they look to regain top spot.

He said: "[Their style] is not a problem. They are playing very well at home. Their recent game I've seen they scored a lot of goals from set plays.

"We have an experienced team and are ready for those big games.

"We must adapt to any opponent and try our best to win."

Bodes well.

Justify that please.

And where are you getting those figures on snowfall from? I'm willing to wager they include Scotland.

Mainly news reports on TV over the years of snowy conditions in England accompanied by cars driving off the roads or being stuck. I don't have access to the news history of the Norwegian TV2 or NRK1 so I can't do it, sorry.

This is where I got the winter statistic from: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=other;type=winthist;sess=

I'll admit to not have read the entire thing, mind. :lol:

If you want we can settle for a truce and rather continue this discussion in the weather thread or something though. :lol:

The fact is this doesn't normally happen, and the money is needed elsewhere for things that happen all the time. Otherwise we would f***ing budget for it...

Justify that please.

Mainly news reports on TV over the years of snowy conditions in England accompanied by cars driving off the roads or being stuck. I don't have access to the news history of the Norwegian TV2 or NRK1 so I can't do it, sorry.

This is where I got the winter statistic from: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=other;type=winthist;sess=

I'll admit to not have read the entire thing, mind. :lol:

If you want we can settle for a truce and rather discuss this in the weather thread or something though. :lol:

thats the point. snow hits london, catches everyone unawares and the place does come to a standstill, birmingham next time etc. we don't do snow anymore, we used to, (awld gadgey alert) in the 70's and early 80's get this sort of snowfall yearly but since then, nada. i bought a sledge for girl one thats had as much use as anne frank's drumkit.

Yeah let's settle for a truce now you've admitted you're posting a load of opinionated bollocks based on nowt. :thup: :lol:

Let's keep going then.

http://m.nrk.no/m/article.jsp?art_id=17400983

http://www.nrksport.no/fotball/premier_league/1.6937595

http://www.tv2nyhetene.no/utenriks/london-og-paris-lammet-av-snoevaer-2538656.html

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artikkel.php?artid=111829

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=6221951

I can't be arsed to dig more, not sure how much of what was news in early 2000s and late 1990s are still online on their sites.

Dave said I was basing my arguments on assumptions after I said I was basing it on news reported by Norwegian media, so I link to articles from Norwegian media supporting my argument. Simples. You all have access to google translate to verify, or you can just look at the dates and for the words "England" and "Snø". (Snø = Snow)