Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

I seriously thought of this the other day, why a big country like England doesn't seem to cope with cold sports.

What are you actually good at?

Hockey - no

skiing - no

alpine - no?

maybe some skating or something?

Erm:

http://freshfromdk.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/amy_williams_1581571c.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/feb2010/4/4/winter-olympics-gold-medalist-amy-williams-image-2-189743788.jpg

:coolsmiley:

It's very easy for Kaizero (from a country which is used to getting shitloads of snow) to sit there and laugh at England for not being able to cope with this situation.

This isn't a normal November for us man. It'd cost a fortune to constantly be prepared for this amount of snow.

It wouldn't, though. That's what I'm saying. It really wouldn't. It's surprisingly inexpensive to be prepared contra not being prepared. Basically just adding a task to already exisiting jobs and maintaining a decent enough stock of grinders would see the cost of maintaining said grinders be less expensive than the cost of hell breaking loose every time it snows more than five centimetres.

Got a link with those figures?

It's very easy for Kaizero (from a country which is used to getting shitloads of snow) to sit there and laugh at England for not being able to cope with this situation.

This isn't a normal November for us man. It'd cost a fortune to constantly be prepared for this amount of snow.

It wouldn't, though. That's what I'm saying. It really wouldn't. It's surprisingly inexpensive to be prepared contra not being prepared. Basically just adding a task to already exisiting jobs and maintaining a decent enough stock of grinders would see the cost of maintaining said grinders be less expensive than the cost of hell breaking loose every time it snows more than five centimetres.

But that's the point, we don't normally get more than 5cm of snow.

This our worst November for snow/bad weather since 1993, why be constantly prepared for something that happens once every 20 years? Inexpensive or not, it's pointless spending. 

We preserve our money for wars while you pussies are playing snowgames.

We've apparently spent more money than you on war equipment over the last decade for some fucked up reason. I remember it being on the news when we bought some of those jet bombers or whatever it's called.

I seriously thought of this the other day, why a big country like England doesn't seem to cope with cold sports.

What are you actually good at?

Hockey - no

skiing - no

alpine - no?

maybe some skating or something?

Erm:

http://freshfromdk.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/amy_williams_1581571c.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/feb2010/4/4/winter-olympics-gold-medalist-amy-williams-image-2-189743788.jpg

:coolsmiley:

Sliding down a hill face first on a dinner tray-ing :coolsmiley:

This our worst November for snow/bad weather since 1993, why be constantly prepared for something that happens once every 20 years? Inexpensive or not, it's pointless spending. 

Not when you consider the effects caused by the bad weather (when it happens) having a ripple effect on businesses and other institutions that probably amounts to million losses for the government and the private sector. If this money was invested in preparation... you catch my drift.

It would not be pointless spending when it would in the long run save you money. I may not be good at math, but even I understand that. For all years you don't experience snowy winters it'd be "pointless spending", but it'd make up for it in abundance the winters you get snow.

I live in hertfordshire (near ish to London) and we've had none. There's no point in preparing and spending all the money to prepare all round the country if only certain places are affected.

I say let the scandos on here poke fun, it's about the only time their little nondescript countries are better at something than us. ;)

We've apparently spent more money than you on war equipment over the last decade for some f***ed up reason. I remember it being on the news when we bought some of those jet bombers or whatever it's called.

Well that's my argument f***ed.   

I declare myself out  :lol:

They don't play games tbh

I present: Telemarksbataljonen

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4122/norwegertelemarkbataljo.jpg

Who are these weekend warriors, like?

Because anyone with any idea of the weather in this country would be aware that the coldest period would most likely be during winter.

I'm not poking fun. I'm just seriously amazed by how you year after year tend to never learn anything.

About the snow? Its incredible tbh.

After last year the councils have more salt on standby as they were criticized for getting caught short, only now they've blown their budget on salt they are having to cut back on how many times they send the gritters out meaning less roads done and with less frequency.

Well done Britain.  :lol:

The population density of the most populous area in Norway (the Metropolitan Oslo area) is 159.8 people per square km. The average population density of Newcastle, North Tyneside and South Tyneside is 2387 people per square km.

The average population density of the UK is 255 people per square km. The average population density of Norway is 13 people per square km.

Not saying we're particularly good at it but it must be a lot easier to prepare for extreme weather when only one man and his dog lives there.

The population density of the most populous area in Norway (the Metropolitan Oslo area) is 159.8 people per square km. The average population density of Newcastle, North Tyneside and South Tyneside is 2387 people per square km.

The average population density of the UK is 255 people per square km. The average population density of Norway is 13 people per square km.

Not saying we're particularly good at it but it must be a lot easier to prepare for extreme weather when only one man and his dog lives there.

Many hands make light work? :dontknow:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_114.png

:lol:

Good point. If all the posters that live in Newcastle pulled their fingers out they could sort the surrounding area out if they start now. But no, you won't will you. Lazy fuckers.

It's not the point. I'm not comparing England to Norway as it's an unfair comparison. I'm saying England aren't doing anything right when it's rather obvious how to do it if you look to the countries that have experience. Which is what you apparently did last year when your government sent a delegation out here to learn about how to be prepared for snow, but I don't think you've learnt anything. 

I'm not saying you need to be like Norway. I'm just saying anything is better than what is currently going on.

It's not the point. I'm not comparing England to Norway as it's an unfair comparison. I'm saying England aren't doing anything right when it's rather obvious how to do it if you look to the countries that have experience. Which is what you apparently did last year when your government sent a delegation out here to learn about how to be prepared for snow, but I don't think you've learnt anything.

I'm not saying you need to be like Norway. I'm just saying anything is better than what is currently going on.

Which is?