Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

simpson sol defenderx ernrique

jonas titote guthrie ferguson

nolan

carroll

jonas and routledge are poor atmo, contributing little in attack. i would drop em both, but we dont have better wide players with barton out.

a radical option is ryan taylor(on right), but we know he cant defend.

its a head scratcher tbh.

nufc 2  chelski 3

Guest schmuck

Maybe he can just swing back and forth on his crutches midway inside the Chelsea half and deliver balls like that, it wouldn't be a massive difference from his usual contribution

----------------Krul-----------------

Simpson--Taylor-Campbell--Jose

Routledge-Guthrie--Tiote--Jonas

----------------Nolan---------------

----------------Carroll--------------

...providing Williamson is unavailable.

Our best hope is probably still Ancelotti walking and Roman's Nigerian mate with no record to speak of taking charge and pissing off Drogba in the process though

I see no reason why Routledge will suddenly be given starts.

He should though. Given the fact that Guthrie is fucking shit out wide. Makes no sense our only natural right winger sitting on the bench whilst a blatant centre midfielder carries on struggling on the right.

He should though. Given the fact that Guthrie is f***ing s*** out wide. Makes no sense our only natural right winger sitting on the bench whilst a blatant centre midfielder carries on struggling on the right.

[/quote

agreed.

routledge has been gash this season, but Guthie offers nothing out on the right. Routledge has to start.

He should though. Given the fact that Guthrie is f***ing s*** out wide. Makes no sense our only natural right winger sitting on the bench whilst a blatant centre midfielder carries on struggling on the right.

[/quote

agreed.

routledge has been gash this season, but Guthie offers nothing out on the right. Routledge has to start.

I wouldnt even say he's been gash tbf. Played well a few times. Certainly more productive than Guthrie.

[/quote

agreed.

I wouldnt even say he's been gash tbf. Played well a few times. Certainly more productive than Guthrie.

apart from the Villa game, I cant remember another decent game he's had???

Did okay at Everton.

Ive seen a few people say this, I thought he was our worst player to be honest imo of course.

Productively, yes.

However as part of a balanced team he did his bit. Carried the ball reasonably well and passed okay. We need him for team balance more than anything to be honest, Guthrie RW didn't work in the Championship so it's not gonna work here.

Did okay at Everton.

Ive seen a few people say this, I thought he was our worst player to be honest imo of course.

Productively, yes.

However as part of a balanced team he did his bit. Carried the ball reasonably well and passed okay. We need him for team balance more than anything to be honest, Guthrie RW didn't work in the Championship so it's not gonna work here.

cant disagree with that, lets hope CH thinks the same.

For me, Guthrie has looked equally disappointing this season. He has some skillzz but he always seems to lack determination/motivation/stamina which diminishes his work rate to Nolan-levels.

On the other hand, this season's Routledge plays like he doesn't know what to do with the ball, so it's not an easy decision for Hughton..

Chelsea have been s*** recently for a reason, no Essien/Lampard.  They're still missing for our game and with Tiote back we'll improve, 2:1 to Newcastle.

Did anyone watch the game yesterday? Were they actually rubbish? I know they lost, but they had 32 shots to 3, and 16 corners to 4. I know their job is to break the oppo down, but it looks like the bus-parking exercise to end all bus-parking exercises.

They weren't shit, just not as clinical as usual. That along with Ben Foster having the game of his life.

Big, big match for us. We're going to have to resist a Chelsea side with something to prove. The return of Tiote will be massive for us, we're going to need a big game from him.

Guthrie is not the answer on the right. The problem with him is he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Too many times he gets caught in possession. His work rate is not up to scratch and he goes missing in games. I can't remember the last time he took the game by the scruff of the neck, and that includes last season.

Agree with junkhead and beardsley: Guthrie's workrate is awful and it seems he lacks that "spark" and plays at a lower pace or level that we expect from him...

Would rather have routledge on the right or even put Jonas on the right and bring on Vuckic or ferguson on the left (ferguson is left footed?).

Thank heavens Tiote is back for this game. Still, I can't see Chelsea dropping three games in a row and Ancelotti will likely rest a number of their key players for their mid-week game, since they've already qualified for the next round and are playing at home against the weakest team in their group.

I struggle to believe Routledge will perform any worse than Guthrie on the right.

Routledge.....Tiote.....Nolan.....Jonas

....................Carroll....Ameobi

Keep Smith and Guthrie out of the first team and replace them in January if possible.

Would like to see Ferguson get a chance as well. Played well against Accrington and Chelsea.

Here we go...

Not saying that I agree with playing Ferguson but you really seem to have an issue with playing any youngsters and I'm not sure why.