Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That sounds like bollocks; where's the romance there? Infact, where's the romance in staging the World Cup in a country like Qatar anyway? Dunno what i was on about saying it'd be cool to have it there. f*** that s***.

:lol: Quickest U-turn I've ever seen. The temporary stadia would be rebuilt in third-world countries.

The Qatar bid is a complete joke for so many reasons. I suppose that means they'll win it.

Just had a look at a video for their proposed first five stadiums. They do look absolutely incredible; sights to really behold if they were ever constructed, but i just don't know. :undecided: Qatar? It's not exactly a footballing nation.

Haven't really paid any attention to these World Cup bids... who's are the best?

The Qatar bid is a complete joke for so many reasons. I suppose that means they'll win it.

Just had a look at a video for their proposed first five stadiums. They do look absolutely incredible; sights to really behold if they were ever constructed, but i just don't know. :undecided: Qatar? It's not exactly a footballing nation.

Haven't really paid any attention to these World Cup bids... who's are the best?

Depends on your definition of "best." Japan pretty much gave up on this several months ago so they're as good as out. I don't think we've got a prayer either.

So that leaves the US (safe option), Australia (the "historical significance" option), and Qatar (batshit insane option.)

What complicates things is that while the US probably has the most votes right now, they won't be able to secure a majority for several rounds. There's a high possibility that Korea, Japan, and Qatar will unite behind whichever bid lasts the longest, which means one of the three could possibly sneak in if they randomly survive the first two votes.

That sounds like bollocks; where's the romance there? Infact, where's the romance in staging the World Cup in a country like Qatar anyway? Dunno what i was on about saying it'd be cool to have it there. Fuck that shit.

Definitely wouldn't be cool like :lol: