West Brom vs Newcastle - Sunday 5th December 1:30pm (live on Sky)

Decky

Hi Toon fans, difficult one to call tomorrow, Carroll has really come on this season and given you a real threat which you lacked last season, our defense is much improved on last year, even though Ollson is out (you know you love him), I'm going to predict a draw, but in truth it could go either way, depends who gets the run and a bit of luck. Nice to see all three promoted teams giving it a go!

Hi Toon fans, difficult one to call tomorrow, Carroll has really come on this season and given you a real threat which you lacked last season, our defense is much improved on last year, even though Ollson is out (you know you love him), I'm going to predict a draw, but in truth it could go either way, depends who gets the run and a bit of luck. Nice to see all three promoted teams giving it a go!

:lol: Erm...

Got a feeling Carroll's going to get sent off tomorrow.  :harry:

Hope I'm not tempting fate here but Carroll has usually been well behaved on the field. A bit of dissent here and there but nothing serious.

krul

simpson       sol         saylor   enrique

routledge   barton      tiote      jonas

carroll     shola

With a bit of luck. Have a feeling we'll see Barton on the wing an Guthrie in the middle though

I don't get the erm, your success last season was built on strong defence and a robust midfield, not your forward line, Carroll was not the same player and Leon Best was a panicky very average signing at best, we had a weaker defence, a better midfield and a very average forward line as well. Carroll has been excellent for you this season, I doubt many of you thought he would get an England call up last season.

I don't get the erm, your success last season was built on strong defence and a robust midfield, not your forward line, Carroll was not the same player and Leon Best was a panicky very average signing at best, we had a weaker defence, a better midfield and a very average forward line as well. Carroll has been excellent for you this season, I doubt many of you thought he would get an England call up last season.

I agree to an extent, but we still scored a sackful of goals mind, especially 2nd half of the season when carroll and lovenkrands scored a load.

Carroll was excellent for the second half of last season and Lovenkrands scored loads of goals as well.  To say that we have a "threat that we lacked last season" is ridiculous - we blitzed the league in the end and were scoring goals for fun after Christmas.

Guest Heneage

I'd say we had better defence and attack but you had a far superior midfield in terms of movement and passing. I'd still not put it past Carson to drop a clanger, but like you say tough one to call.

I'd say we had better defence and attack but you had a far superior midfield in terms of movement and passing. I'd still not put it past Carson to drop a clanger, but like you say tough one to call.

I think your forward line only really started to perform late in the season, hence the panicky Best signing. I do not disagree with your analysis of having a better defence and forward line towards the end of the season, but Nolan was the one who you relied on untill Christmas.

We will miss Olsson tomorrow, he is a bit of a character, we may just get one of those lucky penalties that you moaned at last season.