West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Yeah, Jonas is more about dribbling and strength on the ball than pure acceleration and pace. He's been good for us, imo, but given his style of play it is noticeable when he's not really up for the game. Today seemed like one of those cases. If him and Jose aren't working together on the left, we don't have many other real attacking options.

Jonas rarely ran with the ball today and it hurt us.  In the first half I don't think Jose even left our own half the ball.  If both are not going forward it shuts down the left flank.

Fucking abject today. As gutless and disorganised as we were the last season we were in this league...

Today a 'blip' became a 'rut' imo. We're in the shit. Hide the points column on the league table and it looks fairly positive but we're only a handful of points out of the relegation zone which will change as we lose/draw our next 6 games. I know I'm being pessimistic but I can't see many positives atm, it's turgid.

Awful game today, they just didn't seem to be up for the game at all. We basically just watched West Brom play and gifted them three goals.

This is the Newcastle we know we can be... whether it's the 'real' Newcastle we don't really know.

Hughton has a big task on to get the players sorted for the next game.

We're as near to the relegation zone as we are to 6th.

True but we're only heading in one direction and it isn't f***ing up.  :thup:

At the moment.  West Brom had won one in 5 before our game including defeats to Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan.  Now they back up to 7th, people can't seem to be able to look beyond a few games though.

At the moment.  West Brom had won one in 5 before our game including defeats to Stoke, Blackpool and Wigan.  Now they back up to 7th, people can't seem to be able to look beyond a few games though.

We're not West Brom

midds is being negative :(

Honest.

Negatively honest :(

Nah, just honest. We need a reaction but we keep sitting back and letting the opposition settle and dictate things. We're constantly reacting to things rather than making them happen. This malaise is setting in for the winter.

midds is being negative :(

Honest.

Negatively honest :(

Nah, just honest. We need a reaction but we keep sitting back and letting the opposition settle and dictate things. We're constantly reacting to things rather than making them happen. This malaise is setting in for the winter.

:sadnod: We started alright and over the last month or so, we've started to gradually morph into the side that got relegated. It's worrying.

We're not West Brom

I'm showing you how to look beyond 2-3 games which you seem incapable of doing.

Care to dig up some of your own posts after the Stoke defeat?  Or Blackpool defeat?  I bet you were saying the same thing them.

We've had a bad run and came out of it, no reason why we can't do the same again, especially with Colo, Willamson, Barton and Nolan back.

Based on the last two away games we look like the worst team in the league. However sandwiched in between was a gutsy showing v Chelsea which suggests when we can be arsed, we're no pushovers.

To me this is how i'd rate our players

Krul 6, looked good and wasn't at fault for any of the goals, however that time when he came out and missed the ball shows he's still got time to learn

Simpson, 6: he was ok at the back, he's getting better but that time he got outpaced by thomas got me worrying

Taylor, 6: didn't do much wrong in my opinion, would love to see him next to colo

Campbell 5: Looked slow, missed a few passes and despite the fact that he's experinced he just dosn't seem to have the legs for this level.

Enrique, 7 : was really good today, he still seems far better than the rest of our players bar Tiote and Carroll

Routledge, 4: shocking, it pisses me off that he does seem to have some abillty in him, just that mentally he forgot how the minute we got in the premiership, keeps going to the center instead of giving us depth and offers nothing.

Guthrie, 3: like Routledge loved him last season and rated him highly..he just seems too slow and sluggish and isn't able to deliver anything this season.

Tiote 7: ran his socks off as usual, good performance from him but i hope he improves his passing and movment with the ball.

Jonas, 6: not the Jonas were used to today, one really good run and thats it.

Ameobi, 4: his first touch in the game was to give them the ball, i really think we should either play him as a striker or not play him at all, the Nolan role is not for him.

Carroll, 6: No service but tried hard and almost got a 3rd right footed goal in 3 games.

Subs:

Lovenkrands, 6: got a goal but looked lacking match fitness and wasted an easy chance, think he should start next game. instead of Shola

Smith, N/A: Alan Smith

Ranger, 4 didn't get any chance to do something.