Chris Hughton

stozo

Nolan's biggest fan arrives.

Tired of talking about him. Bolton get rid of him despite him being their captain too, then he spent 2 out of the next 3 seasons where he belongs, in the Championship.

You have a strange habit of developing unnatural vendettas against people who have done a lot for our club. Quite the oddity.

It's almost as though he generates arguments for the sake of it.

Tired of talking about him. Bolton get rid of him despite him being their captain too, then he spent 2 out of the next 3 seasons where he belongs, in the Championship.

You have a strange habit of developing unnatural vendettas against people who have done a lot for our club. Quite the oddity.

I have tried to offer a constructive argument for the sake of the West Brom fan who initially asked the question but you just know Ronaldo saw the question and thought 'ok the majority liked Hughton, where do I go from here'.

I have tried to offer a constructive argument for the sake of the West Brom fan who initially asked the question but you just know Ronaldo saw the question and thought 'ok the majority liked Hughton, where do I go from here'.

The vast, vast majority wanted Hughton out at various points during his time in charge. You should've mentioned that to him.

Sign him up for another 4 years. It'll settle the squad and hopefully encourage others to follow.

:serious:

Yeah, it's called common sense. I didn't particularly want him to leave. Thankfully we signed Cabaye.

I think Ronaldo is correct in saying coming 4th with Birmingham City shouldn't be classed as 'fantastic', but definitely respectable.

it can be considered fantastic when you consider that he had to rebuild an entire side after the vultures were done taking anyone worth taking from them and then when you throw in the Europa League campaign and all the extra games which can have a bad effect on a premier league side never mind a championship side with an already tough schedule compared to the prems.

And as always done with diginity and class

Sign him up for another 4 years. It'll settle the squad and hopefully encourage others to follow.

Yeah, it's called common sense. I didn't particularly want him to leave. Thankfully we signed Cabaye.

So a player you didn't particularly want to leave gets replaced by a player you're not a massive fan of and it's just about the best replacement in the last 10 years?

:lol: Constant amusement, as ever.

Yeah, we went from 12th to 5th because of it.

One's lazy, can't run, can't tackle and can't pass and the other's the complete opposite. CM is the most important position on the pitch and had Nolan been there instead of Cabaye this season we wouldn't have finished in the top half.

So yeah, as I said, just about the best replacement of the last 10 years.

So a player you didn't particularly want to leave gets replaced by a player you're not a massive fan of and it's just about the best replacement in the last 10 years?

:lol: Constant amusement, as ever.

Can never help not thinking of this, Ronaldo has mastered 2 and 3.

http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/ob//internet_graphic1.jpg

Hughton's clearly a good man-manager and a good motivator. Going off his Newcastle career, he was a reasonable tactician that had a reliance on particular characters. That said, there was an excellent case to play the likes of Nolan considering he was our top scorer two seasons in a row. However, he wasn't backed financially once we reached the Premier League and i've never seen him actually build a squad. In both management posts, he inherited difficult situations and performed admirably in both... it remains to be seen whether or not he can stamp his managerial traits on a club that is fresh to do exactly what he wants with it.

I'll always have a massive amount of time for Hughton, he's in the top bracket of influential people at the club in the last twenty years. Some will argue with that, but the fact is - he got us promoted at a canter and consolidated our position in the Premier League.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like you need to master the art of reading.

The 11-12 league table might be a good place to start.

Reply 2, congrats :D

Thanks chaps, as usual a good set of opinions, I have read between the lines and decided that Hughton will be a good manager for us and look forward to his return to Newcastle for 3 points, have a good summer, cheers, Zolton.

Guest MrSundlofer

One's lazy, can't run, can't tackle and can't pass and the other's the complete opposite. CM is the most important position on the pitch and had Nolan been there instead of Cabaye this season we wouldn't have finished in the top half.

We went from 12th to 5th thanks to a fantastic team performance and some individuals performances from Ben Arfa, Cissé, Ba etc.

Nolan did a great job for us, was a leader and scored goals during his last 2 seasons - he left and we replaced him with a better player. That's all. Just ridiculous to say it was the best replacement of the last 10 years  :lol:

Woodgate replaced Marcelino for example...

We went from 12th to 5th thanks to a fantastic team performance and some individuals performances from Ben Arfa, Cissé, Ba etc.

Nolan did a great job for us, was a leader and scored goals during his last 2 seasons - he left and we replaced him with a better player. That's all. Just ridiculous to say it was the best replacement of the last 10 years  :lol:

Woodgate replaced Marcelino for example...

No he didn't. And we went from 4th to 3rd/5th with Woodgate. We're talking about an actual impact on the club here.

Guest Phil K

Yeah, Nolan cost £4M, earnt 45,000 a week and scored 29 goals in 2 and a half years at the club, then (thankfully) left to play in the Championship for an extra 10K a week.

Club legend.

He IS - he got a hat trick against the makems.

Makes him a legend in my book  O0

(Although he not only blotted that, but smeared the page with his idiocy over Carroll and Liverpool....never forgive that) :buck2:

Guest Phil K

Cult hero in the David Kelly mould rather than legend.

Fair comment that.

Still - hat trick against makems, counts for a lot in my estimation.