Chris Hughton

stozo

Would love to see Hughton back in the PL. He's been doing a brilliant job at Birmingham and if he can get them promoted this season, that would be a fantastic achievement. It would be great to see him back at St. James' Park.

Would love to see Hughton back in the PL. He's been doing a brilliant job at Birmingham and if he can get them promoted this season, that would be a fantastic achievement. It would be great to see him back at St. James' Park.

Without doubt, would love a triumphant return to St James next season for him.

Well, I'd prefer him to lose, like. :lol:

Well yes  :lol:  but deserves a hero's welcome.

Well yes  :lol:  but deserves a hero's welcome.

Wonder how Pardew would take it if that happened?

A bit like the alpha male who's see his satisfied wife giving a polite hello to the short, sexually unimpressive ex-boyfriend she sacked off.

Unlucky Ronny, if you put your back into it she might have given you more of a hello though

• 1 month later...

Hi Toon fans,

Not spoke for a while, good season for you if a little dissapointing at the death.

Just looking to canvas your opinions on Chris Hughton as the next West Brom manager, I know there was some disappointment when he was sacked.

Do you think he would be a good long term manager for us?

Hi Toon fans,

Not spoke for a while, good season for you if a little dissapointing at the death.

Just looking to canvas your opinions on Chris Hughton as the next West Brom manager, I know there was some disappointment when he was sacked.

Do you think he would be a good long term manager for us?

Definitely, would love to see him back in the Premiership and I think he has proved himself to be a good manager with a lot of class about him.

He'd be a very good appointment, not only does his work here rebuilding after the utter insanity and chaos that infected the club after relegation and easily getting promotion and some good wins in the league but his work at Birmingham rebuilding a side ripped apart from financial chaos and with a horrendous schedule with the heavy work of championship but also a Europa League campaign too

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great manager

Fosters a great team spirit

Very honest

Press conferences are dull as dishwater

He deserved to be treated better by the board here. Like Cajun said, Chris had a lot of class and got the club back on track.

There were question marks over how influenced he was by some senior players at the club, but he was responsible for bringing the players together in that Ireland training camp after relegation.

He picked Nolan every time he was fit and refused to substitute him even when he had nowt left in the tank.

We all like him, but let's not downplay the fact that the guy's a bit of a coward.

Is one of the main reasons we are having the success we have now, reshaped the ethos of our squad at a time when we were at our lowest and went about it with the utmost class. Apparently has done a very good job at Birmingham too, has the potential to be a top manager.

Is one of the main reasons we are having the success we have now, reshaped the ethos of our squad at a time when we were at our lowest and went about it with the utmost class. Apparently has done a very good job at Birmingham too, has the potential to be a top manager.

Birmingham went down, were ripped apart and he was very close to getting them back up. Did a fantastic job for them last season as he has done for us.

Agreed.

Birmingham went down, were ripped apart and he was very close to getting them back up. Did a fantastic job for them last season as he has done for us.

They finished 4th with one of the best squads in the league. 'Fantastic' my left nut.

They finished 4th with one of the best squads in the league. 'Fantastic' my left nut.

A better squad than Southampton, West Ham and Reading?

I'm not normally one to go on about Europa League games affecting teams so much, but Birmingham played 62 games this season. Pretty impressive to have them 4th IMO.