What are your feelings now?

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Completely apathetic. For the first time in my life come Saturday I wont be watching a Newcastle game that's on TV (I live abroad so it's a big deal to me). Also, for the first time in my life I am on the brink of walking away from NUFC. It disgusts me and deeply, deeply saddens me that things have sunk to these depths, but I'm struggling to see any sort of future for this club as long as that man is at the helm.

Just really, really deflated.

A manager that is first and foremost afraid to lose isn't destined for any great success.

The fitness levels are crap and the tactics have mostly been crap. He's obviously quite a good man-manager and he's a hard-working likeable bloke. I've no doubt, he'll do Ok, but probably not at this level.

A manager that is first and foremost afraid to lose isn't destined for any great success.

The fitness levels are crap and the tactics have mostly been crap. He's obviously quite a good man-manager and he's a hard-working likeable bloke. I've no doubt, he'll do Ok, but probably not at this level.

I think that's so much nonsense but fair enough. In five years time, we'll be looking up at Hughton and wondering what might have been imo.

The results of the poll are pretty surprising. Yes, I think it's a bit premature, but was Hughton ever realistically the right man, long term?

It was always going to end at some point this season or next.

Why not do it in the summer, why wait until mid december?

The results of the poll are pretty surprising. Yes, I think it's a bit premature, but was Hughton ever realistically the right man, long term?

It was always going to end at some point this season or next.

I go along with this, I just don't think he had it in him to be a top manager. The home results this season have been dreadful, something you can't get away from. I'd also add that no top manager would allow themselves to have been treated as Hughton has by Ashley. You need a bit of arrogance/self confidence to be at the top of any sport and Hughton just didn’t have that for me.

NUFC.com pretty much sums up my feelings about this whole mess: "So, 900+ words to basically say, 'f*ck knows'."

Not so much annoyed at the dismissal itself, rather than the timing of it. You'd have thought they learned from last time - changing manager in the middle of the season has the potential to put us in a relegation dogfight, regardless of who comes in to replace him.

Tactics crap? He changed them to the approval of most people on here when he needed to. I for one think he was learning fast and realising where he was going wrong and where he was going right. I don't think he would ever of had us as a top class side, but given time and finance stabilise us as a top 9/10 side. And as for the fitness levels? I'm not even going to bother.

Do you honestly think we can attract someone better than him at this stage? Do you honestly think that the players will want to play for a new manager (especially some cunt like Pardew or Kinnear) given the circumstances in which Hughton left? I highly, highly doubt it.

Really tempted to be apathetic, but that's how I used to be before the last year or so under Hughton. Him and the players restored my fondness of and pride in the club and I feel like I owe it to myself and them to not let the cunts get me down and stay angry instead.

Anger at first, now I'm waiting to see what the appointment is. I'm 80% sure it's a Pardew-type, but there's still that little part that's hoping inexplicably that for once they've made a decision which they genuinely feel will improve us...I'm not holding my breath though.

Increadibly underrated skill in a manager especially with our mix of hot-headed/ petulent players and the football obsessed city they live in.

Sure the Romans built the built the roads...

Tactics crap? He changed them to the approval of most people on here when he needed to. I for one think he was learning fast and realising where he was going wrong and where he was going right. I don't think he would ever of had us as a top class side, but given time and finance stabilise us as a top 9/10 side. And as for the fitness levels? I'm not even going to bother.

That's because you're lazy and overmatched. Hughton got the tactics and/or selection horribly wrong against WBA, Bolton, Fuham, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool. You can't argue that he ever demonstrated genuine tactical nous.

Neither can you argue with the assertion that several of the players look severly lacking in physical endurance. Guthrie, Nolan and Shola to name three.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sadness at Hughton leaving now, top bloke, who could have stabalised us. I'm not sure he would have led us much further than that, but he would have sustained us or a while, and is a fantastic bloke who deserves all the credit thrown at him. I don't know many who could have done what he did for us.

That's because you're lazy and overmatched. Hughton got the tactics and/or selection horribly wrong against WBA, Bolton, Fuham, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool. You can't argue that he ever demonstrated genuine tactical nous.

Neither can you argue with the assertion that several of the players look severly lacking in physical endurance. Guthrie, Nolan and Shola to name three.

He got the tactics wrong because we didn't win? What type of retarded logic is that? What happens he gets them right and the other manager gets them right? Unstoppable force meets immovable object, it's the end of the Universe as we know it!

Either that or we're a newly promoted club with a number of players who aren't good enough and the FACT is that we have far more points than anyone expected us to have and more than the vast majority of promoted sides have had at this point over the years.

And we try and claim Newcastle fans aren't deluded about our place in the footballing hierarchy? I think we have become that way.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, so my mam chooses tonight to start questioning why I'm so bothered about football? Fuck off and gan to work man.

Guest palnese

Aye, so my mam chooses tonight to start questioning why I'm so bothered about football? Fuck off and gan to the kitchen man.

fyp

What did he get wrong about his tactics?  I see a lot of people saying this don't don't really back it up with anything of substance.

What is Ronaldo suggesting? better tactics from Hughton would have seen wins against WBA, Bolton, Fuham, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool?

Would be nice.  We'd be 6 points clear at the top of the table if Hughton got his tactics right.

Reality is sometimes tactics are right but player performances or mistakes cost you games.

The players aren't to blame for Alan Smith starting against Blackpool instead of Tiote.

Curious.

Wondering about the timing of it all and who, if anyone, has been lined up and how long they've been waiting for the axe to fall. Feel sorry for Hughton and think he deserved more time but he's a big boy and he'll be ok. Not the first time Ashley has pulled a fast one and unfortunately it won't be the last and I'm sort of getting used to it now. It's certainly not a surprise but the timing is interesting.

What is Ronaldo suggesting? better tactics from Hughton would have seen wins against WBA, Bolton, Fuham, Blackburn, Wigan, Stoke and Blackpool?

Would be nice.  We'd be 6 points clear at the top of the table if Hughton got his tactics right.

Reality is sometimes tactics are right but player performances or mistakes cost you games.

The players aren't to blame for Alan Smith starting against Blackpool instead of Tiote.

Like you knew owt about Tiote then. :lol: