What are your feelings now?

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

not too bothered really, shame as he was a nice bloke but there were some pretty obvious questions about his capabilities. i personally think his dismissal has as much to do with off the field stuff as results and performnces as the rumour mill has been in overdrive recently of players fighting, not taking any notice of hughton etc.

pardew (whom i've backed at the bookies) would be a sideways step and i'd doubt he'd command much respect in the dressing room either.

I'm completely apathetic now.

Bullshit. This is what all sports are like.

Angry. Confused. Angry.

Can't believe we posted back to back and neither of us went for the obvious joke. :lol:

:lol: How devastated are we?! Holy s***.

You got lucky, Apisith!

Ya c***s :lol:

I'm confused as hell as well, but I have to say that apathy is the dominant emotion. I just don't know how much more you're supposed to take, how much more you have to wait before the payoff. I don't see it paying off in the medium-term, let alone the short. Supporting this club is just some sado-masochistic s***, man. At least let us have one good season so I could have a good summer, enjoy the transfer rumours, dream of us being back in Europe again. This past summer doesn't count because fear of relegation was what I felt. The payoff was going to be surviving this season and showing some potential. We can't even have that, man.

Being a Knicks fan is good training for this shower of s***.

Ashley is like Al Davis without the past to constantly live in. Dolan without the father. He's a mess.

For the Knicks to compare to this shit, Amare would have to break his leg next week and D'Antoni would decide to quit after Melo gets traded to the Nets. And even then you don't have to worry about relegation and disappearing into nothing.

I'm completely apathetic now.

Bullshit. This is what all sports are like.

Angry. Confused. Angry.

Can't believe we posted back to back and neither of us went for the obvious joke. :lol:

:lol: How devastated are we?! Holy s***.

You got lucky, Apisith!

Ya c***s :lol:

I'm confused as hell as well, but I have to say that apathy is the dominant emotion. I just don't know how much more you're supposed to take, how much more you have to wait before the payoff. I don't see it paying off in the medium-term, let alone the short. Supporting this club is just some sado-masochistic s***, man. At least let us have one good season so I could have a good summer, enjoy the transfer rumours, dream of us being back in Europe again. This past summer doesn't count because fear of relegation was what I felt. The payoff was going to be surviving this season and showing some potential. We can't even have that, man.

Being a Knicks fan is good training for this shower of s***.

Ashley is like Al Davis without the past to constantly live in. Dolan without the father. He's a mess.

For the Knicks to compare to this shit, Amare would have to break his leg next week and D'Antoni would decide to quit after Melo gets traded to the Nets. And even then you don't have to worry about relegation and disappearing into nothing.

Layden. Isiah. Curry. Draft Picks. Allan Houston 100 million. Last ten years of Knicks history puts this stuff to shame.

Relegation is better than being in the NBA, being shit and having no draft picks to improve the situation.

:lol: But yeah as we were all saying...Fuck Ashley.

Ambivalence. Very much sit and look time for me. I'm willing to see what the board has planned and the real details of Christopher leaving the club. He's been a good servant, but NUFC will go on far into the future without his guidance. If there are problems caused at the club, they will not be because of this decision. Rather, they will occur because of the ones taken as a result. We need to get these right.

Sacking a manager isn't always bad, it's often progress.

I agree to some extent. For example, the Keegan fiasco - and ultimately relegation - could have easily been avoided had they redeemed themselves with a good replacement. However, they stuck with Kinnear and it was a total catastrophe.

In terms of the immediate effect, both Hughton's and Keegan's departures share equal negativity. The supporters will be livid and the players will be gutted. But in spite of this, relgation can (and could have) been avoided.

Pardew would be a nightmare.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not too bothered as he was never a top manager who would have us challenging at the top end of the league. Yeah he might be a nice fella who would have kept us up but I want more than that and I don't think he was the person to do it. Newcastle is too big a club to learn on the job which is what I often heard on here, there was a lot of “he should learn from his mistakes”, etc. There’s a whole lot of other clubs out there more suited to learning the art of management. Call me deluded if you want but it’s how I feel.

Main reason I’m not too bothered is that I've been apathetic about Newcastle for a long time now as nothing will change whilst Ashley is in charge, simple as that really.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not too bothered as he was never a top manager who would have us challenging at the top end of the league. Yeah he might be a nice fella who would have kept us up but I want more than that and I don't think he was the person to do it. Newcastle is too big a club to learn on the job which is what I often heard on here, there was a lot of “he should learn from his mistakes”, etc. There’s a whole lot of other clubs out there more suited to learning the art of management. Call me deluded if you want but it’s how I feel.

Main reason I’m not too bothered is that I've been apathetic about Newcastle for a long time now as nothing will change whilst Ashley is in charge, simple as that really.

We're not a club that would challenge at the top end of the league.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not too bothered as he was never a top manager who would have us challenging at the top end of the league. Yeah he might be a nice fella who would have kept us up but I want more than that and I don't think he was the person to do it. Newcastle is too big a club to learn on the job which is what I often heard on here, there was a lot of he should learn from his mistakes, etc. Theres a whole lot of other clubs out there more suited to learning the art of management. Call me deluded if you want but its how I feel.

Main reason Im not too bothered is that I've been apathetic about Newcastle for a long time now as nothing will change whilst Ashley is in charge, simple as that really.

We're not a club that would challenge at the top end of the league.

We've done it twice in recent times.

Sure.

You're incredibly deluded.

I thought he showed that he was growing into the job, that he was willing to change and adapt the team, that he had an open mind regarding the players, the tactics, our style of play. He showed me what the very best managers have, and it's something that none of our managers since SBR had. All the great managers start from somewhere. Hughton showed intelligence, and that's such a rare quality for a football manager. I think he'll go on to better things from here because he has the skills necessary. I think he could have turned us into a top side, given the requisite financial backing. I don't think he's a mediocre manager who was only ever going to get us to mid-table security, but he showed a willingness to change, and that was/is what we require if we're going to become a better team.

Angry, very, very angry. Does he not realise part of the reason we got relegated was because we had 4 different managers in one season? We're mid-table ffs, f***. Ugh.

Midtable is deceiving. We're four point above relegation zone and just had our worst defeat of the season to a fellow promoted team. We're hardly in a good place.

Angry, very, very angry. Does he not realise part of the reason we got relegated was because we had 4 different managers in one season? We're mid-table ffs, f***. Ugh.

Midtable is deceiving. We're four point above relegation zone and just had our worst defeat of the season to a fellow promoted team. We're hardly in a good place.

We're in a decent enough place tbh, enough to justify him keeping his job.

If 4 points above the relegation places after 16 games isn't good for a newly promoted team, then what is?

in the grand scheme of things - you're probably right - he's not a mourinho and probably wasnt going to take us on to great things, silverware, champion's league etc. but for our immediate concerns, he was just fine. we have to judge on the here and now - Hughton was doing a decent job and we needed stability.

the problem with replacing a manager after a controversial exit is that the exit itself precludes the possibility of going out and getting a good manager. who wanted to be robson's successor? souness was something like 8th choice. who would come to the club after the way Keegan had been treated, with the club in limbo? no-one. who will want to work for ashley after this is how he repays Hughton's good work?

then you add to that disincentive the fact that Ashley has zero sense of expertise when it comes to dealing with or appointing managers. it all adds up to a depressing outlook and someone like Pardew coming along.

The only way i would ever excuse treating Hughton so badly and causing a lot of internal strife at the club would be if we went out and got a top class manager. To kick up all this trouble there should be a very, very good reason for it - an end result which justifies short term mess. But the likelihood is that Hughton was offed cos Ashley wasn't prepared to pay the going rate. with that in mind it is unlikely Ashley has the ambition, foresight or intention to spend an extravagant amount on a top manager, or the good sense and proportion to give that manager full control of the club.