Alan Pardew

JH

The thing that worried me when Hughton got the sack and Pardew was brought in was not really the fear of Pardew being an inferior manager to Hughton.

This was all about how the players would respond after losing a manager they clearly liked. In the past, I am sure we would've collapsed like a house of cards in a tornado but this group of lads seems to have the right character and they genuinely seem to care about the club.

It will be interesting to see what Ashley will give Pardew in terms of transfer funds as I feel like we're at a crossroads where if we make the right moves we would have a good platform to push forward and be a side expected to finish top 10 at least. From there it's all about outsmarting the teams around us with the signings we make and keep building a strong side.

The future doesn't really look that bleak at the moment. Of course, that could all change with the sale of Andy Carroll.

I´m very nervous to see what type of players he will bring. really nervous.

I don't know why - he made some very good signings at West Ham.

Guest Stephen927

Hard to say the effect he is having at the moment without witnessing it first hand on the training ground. The players are still performing and team spirit looks to be high still, certainly can't argue with the results so far.

The thing that worried me when Hughton got the sack and Pardew was brought in was not really the fear of Pardew being an inferior manager to Hughton.

This was all about how the players would respond after losing a manager they clearly liked. In the past, I am sure we would've collapsed like a house of cards in a tornado but this group of lads seems to have the right character and they genuinely seem to care about the club.

It will be interesting to see what Ashley will give Pardew in terms of transfer funds as I feel like we're at a crossroads where if we make the right moves we would have a good platform to push forward and be a side expected to finish top 10 at least. From there it's all about outsmarting the teams around us with the signings we make and keep building a strong side.

The future doesn't really look that bleak at the moment. Of course, that could all change with the sale of Andy Carroll.

HAYDEN MULLINS [/first]

HAYDEN MULLINS [/first]

He didn't cost them much. I was thinking of Reo Coker, Green, Harewood, Cole. All of them were cheap, the club made huge profits on Reo Coker and Harewood and the other two are still there and, whether they should be or not, both are England internationals. He also signed Dean Ashton, a great player who was desperately unlucky with injuries.

Does anyone have a list of the signings he made? Would be interesting to see what type of players he prefers

likes of harewood (who was excellent under pardew) reo coker etherington zamora dean ashton rob lee, don't have a full list

Let's not get carried away with all this talk of a top half finish. We just took six priceless points from our rivals but for now the goal is still avoiding relegation.

Come on be honest, lose against Sunderland and it'll be right back to our form being "worrying" and how we could "easily slip into the bottom three."

From the 4 games i have witnessed first hand. I have been largely impressed with the set up of the team. I'm enjoying the fact there seems to be a more balanced wing play about the side.

I'm enjoying the urgency and the fact that we are trying to play some good stuff at times. Despite it being early days i'd give Pardew an 8/10 for his first 3/4 weeks in charge.

Hats off to him over the last 2 games.

6 points and 2 good displays.

People will say "well it was only Wigan and West Ham" but weren't those the teams people were saying we need to beat to stay up this season?...

People will say "well it was only Wigan and West Ham" but weren't those the teams people were saying we need to beat to stay up this season?...

The kind of teams that Hughton failed to beat.

Just saying.

He seems to know what he's doing, to be fair to him.

Does that mean Ashley was right? 9 points out of 15? Pretty decent return, considering we are newly promoted.

It was the timing that was the main issue.

Oh aye, deffinately. Terrible timing, and at the time I was disgusted. But now things halve calmed down, things don't seem to be going too badly.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, hopefully Pardew can carry on with Hughtons good work, and takes us into Europe this year at the expense of the unwashed.

The kind of teams that Hughton failed to beat.

Just saying.

We beat WHU away under Hughton ???

A fair point, but it was mainly at home that we were having massive issues, the likes of Stoke, Blackpool, Wigan, Blackburn and Fulham we should not be consistently dropping points against at home.

The win at Wigan was an unexpected bonus.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've been impressed with some of our set piece play and our high pressing game which are two things Pardew seems to have brought to the table if you like. He's had a reasonable start so well done etc. etc. Still not convinced though.