Alan Pardew

JH

Wow, that's commitment. :lol: A few others should take note of the effort and at least attempt to string a sentence together.

I only started removing quotes when things got really bad in here a few years ago, posts would sometimes contain what would normally be a page full of information in a normal page except it would just be a quote pyramid.

You had to scroll for England just to see the reply to something.

Guest ykmkmdd

The last press conference when he was saying that Joey had a foot problem and would be available on Sunday he was lying as was Kinnear about Given back in 2009.

I just think he was being a bit of a smart arse - Joey has got a foot problem, he can't stop putting it in his fucking mouth.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Morning Interview with Radio Newcastle

Snippets

On Barton

'There was always the scenario that Joey would leave before the window shut, i think that has been well documented. I never had a problem with Joey but his contract situation being what it was made the situation difficult. I wish Joey all the best at QPR and he goes with my full blessing'

On his replacement

'It is very difficult at this stage being so close to the end of the window. I am not overly concerned as we have similar players in the 2 Dannys (Guthrie/Gosling) who can perform that role'

On further signings

'We have hit a few brick walls, and the financial situation at the club makes it difficult to break those walls down. I still think we will get one or two players in, but they have got to be better than what we have and fit into the financial strcucture. The board are working very hard to ensure that happens'

Guest BooBoo

Pardew is actually so easy to predict, I'm not sure whether sicko has posted genuine quotes or they are spoof quotes.

I've found the quotes:

Alan Pardew will target cup glory this season as he attempts to end Newcastle's 42-year trophy drought. Pardew knows the Premier League title is only a dream for a club like his as it continues its recovery from a humiliating relegation two years ago and tries to re-establish itself as a top-flight fixture.

However, he is confident there is enough talent within the squad to mount a genuine challenge for silverware in the domestic cup competitions just as Birmingham did last year, although without suffering the same fate in the League.

Pardew said: "A realistic target for this football club must be a cup competition because the Premier League title is not a viable situation for us.

"You only had to look at our bench on Saturday and the players who didn't make it like Alan Smith to know we are much stronger squad-wise this year to attack this competition [the Carling Cup], and the FA Cup."

Newcastle have not won a major trophy since lifting the Fairs Cup in 1969, and last tasted domestic glory in the 1955 FA Cup final.

But they head into their Carling Cup second-round match with League One Scunthorpe tonight brimming with confidence after following up their opening-day league draw with Arsenal by defeating arch-rivals Sunderland.

Pardew will make changes for the trip to Glanford Park as he rests some of his key men, however, and midfielder Joey Barton will not be involved as he starts talks with QPR over a move.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/pardew-cup-is-our-target-this-season-2343203.html

Yeah.  When a footballer who hasn't been able to play football for 5 years isn't getting a look-in then you must be drowning in options.  Incidentally I read in another article that there's a good chance Smith will start tonight.  He's a waste of time man, play kids instead.  Pardew's patter is tedious as fuck.

it's pretty depressing that there's so much spin coming out of st james's these days we can all predict more or less what they're going to feed us next. and even worse that the stuff we make up is very believable. put simply it's because these lot are one trick ponies, we know their game. horrible.

i reckon we should all get pardew wigs, get suited up and record our own press conference reply. get a competition going for the best one, might make a few more people realise how ridiculous it is that some folk believe the shit that comes out of his mouth.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've found the quotes:

Alan Pardew will target cup glory this season as he attempts to end Newcastle's 42-year trophy drought. Pardew knows the Premier League title is only a dream for a club like his as it continues its recovery from a humiliating relegation two years ago and tries to re-establish itself as a top-flight fixture.

However, he is confident there is enough talent within the squad to mount a genuine challenge for silverware in the domestic cup competitions just as Birmingham did last year, although without suffering the same fate in the League.

Pardew said: "A realistic target for this football club must be a cup competition because the Premier League title is not a viable situation for us.

"You only had to look at our bench on Saturday and the players who didn't make it like Alan Smith to know we are much stronger squad-wise this year to attack this competition [the Carling Cup], and the FA Cup."

Newcastle have not won a major trophy since lifting the Fairs Cup in 1969, and last tasted domestic glory in the 1955 FA Cup final.

But they head into their Carling Cup second-round match with League One Scunthorpe tonight brimming with confidence after following up their opening-day league draw with Arsenal by defeating arch-rivals Sunderland.

Pardew will make changes for the trip to Glanford Park as he rests some of his key men, however, and midfielder Joey Barton will not be involved as he starts talks with QPR over a move.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/pardew-cup-is-our-target-this-season-2343203.html

Yeah.  When a footballer who hasn't been able to play football for 5 years isn't getting a look-in then you must be drowning in options.  Incidentally I read in another article that there's a good chance Smith will start tonight.  He's a waste of time man, play kids instead.  Pardew's patter is tedious as fuck.

I was pretty impressed he favoured Sammy Ameobi over Smith against Arsenal. He knows he's shit. :laugh: