Alan Pardew

JH

So last year all the good games was due to Hughton, even when he left people were giving him and Barton/Nolan etc the credit whenever things went our way.

Now, even when we have sold Barton, Nolan and Enrique, Pardew gave us the best start to a season since 1995. When is he going to get any credit? Fact is he is the best manager we have had since Sir BR, even if he is MA's man.

:lol: :lol:

Obviously he won't be able to remove his links to the regime, he's the manager and is employed by the owner. Any manager will be that, the best we can hope for is someone who does a decent job in these difficult circumstances, and Pardew is doing that.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that Ian, doesn't it?

The fact he was lined up for yonks beforehand and has a history with the two stooges doesn't aid your point.

Nor does it help that if it was a Manager with no links or an ounce of integrity they would have fucked off by now.

The best we can hope for? Perhaps. Sad none the less, don't you think?

He has been given credit for these results. Check this thread and the match threads.

You'll never be able to remove his links with this regime though. The fact that his appointment was called about 3 months before it happened owes alot to the fact that Hughton got the old Kansas City Shuffle off Ashley.

That may be, but he is still the best manager we have had in a very long time, and probably the best we could get under the current regime. I for one feel very positive about the start of the season and the new team, even if we did not spend 40+ millions or got the striker we need.  People are loosing it because a striker most of them had never heard of, and never seen play turned us down. We dont know what happened yesterday, but I think buying the wrong striker could be worse than buying noone at all.

I think Kevin Keegan was a better manager. Not sure what I'm basing that on mind.

He has been given credit for these results. Check this thread and the match threads.

You'll never be able to remove his links with this regime though. The fact that his appointment was called about 3 months before it happened owes alot to the fact that Hughton got the old Kansas City Shuffle off Ashley.

That may be, but he is still the best manager we have had in a very long time, and probably the best we could get under the current regime. I for one feel very positive about the start of the season and the new team, even if we did not spend 40+ millions or got the striker we need.  People are loosing it because a striker most of them had never heard of, and never seen play turned us down. We dont know what happened yesterday, but I think buying the wrong striker could be worse than buying noone at all.

It isn't about the money spent or what happened yesterday. It's the fact that we have sold 5 players. 4 of these players were considered our top performers of last season.. possibly 3 with your view on Nolan, one thing that can't be argued with is his goal tally though. We have brought in players that could be a great improvement, but there is no guarantee. I think the side has more pace and movement potentially, but like I said it all depends on how these players adapt.

The main overriding issue though is that we haven't improved the squad as a whole. What happens when these signings (several of which have question marks over their fitness records) get injured? We ALWAYS get key injuries that last for months. Carroll got sold in January and we had plenty of time to replace him with a proven PL striker or someone that could do the job with Ba and compliment his style. Lovenkrands, Ameobi and to a certain degree Best should not be guaranteed starters but due to inefficiencies in the transfer market it looks like they'll all be getting lots of game time, lots more than they should. It's also worth mentioning that Ameobi & Best spent long parts of last season injured... what if that happens this season?

Obviously he won't be able to remove his links to the regime, he's the manager and is employed by the owner. Any manager will be that, the best we can hope for is someone who does a decent job in these difficult circumstances, and Pardew is doing that.

The fact he was lined up for yonks beforehand and has a history with the two stooges doesn't aid your point.

Nor does it help that if it was a Manager with no links or an ounce of integrity they would have fucked off by now.

Well bearing in mind that he's working under conditions that some managers couldn't, I think he's a good option for us. I genuinely like him as a guy and think he always goes out to win and tries his best.

The fact he was lined up for ages reflects badly on most of the people involved, seems worse because Hughton was a nice guy who didn't deserve that treatment. But from Pardews point of view I can see that he couldn't turn down such a good opportunity.

But I don't agree he should walk away, and I fucking hope he doesn't for our sake.

Isn't the most important thing that the manager gets us good results, which he is? He can't be held responsible for not being given money to spend and the incompetency of those above him.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his fucking mouth.

Guest ovesbar

Isn't the most important thing that the manager gets us good results, which he is? He can't be held responsible for not being given money to spend and the incompetency of those above him.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his f***ing mouth.

You think people would be more positive if he just told it as it is? "I have no idea what MA and DL will do, but I hope they will provide another striker, I'm keeping my fingers crossed"

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his fucking mouth.

What's he going to say when the journalists ask him?

'No comment'?

Nor does it help that if it was a Manager with no links or an ounce of integrity they would have f***ed off by now.

Well bearing in mind that he's working under conditions that some managers couldn't, I think he's a good option for us. I genuinely like him as a guy and think he always goes out to win and tries his best.

The fact he was lined up for ages reflects badly on most of the people involved, seems worse because Hughton was a nice guy who didn't deserve that treatment. But from Pardews point of view I can see that he couldn't turn down such a good opportunity.

But I don't agree he should walk away, and I f***ing hope he doesn't for our sake.

If he did (which he won't because he's too strong a character to walk away) he'd suddenly become a champion to many of those who'd previously criticised him. A bit like it was with Hughton. Ludicrous really.

He may have been assured from the higher ups that we were getting players in, so he thought what he was saying could be true? Perhaps he shouldn't have said it, I don't know. That's not going to lose us points though is it.

Nor does it help that if it was a Manager with no links or an ounce of integrity they would have f***ed off by now.

But I don't agree he should walk away, and I f***ing hope he doesn't for our sake.

If he did (which he won't because he's too strong a character to walk away) he'd suddenly become a champion to many of those who'd previously criticised him. A bit like it was with Hughton. Ludicrous really.

Quit SJP and become a hero  :thup:

No wonder Barton and Nolan left, maybe they were onto something.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his f***ing mouth.

He may have been assured from the higher ups that we were getting players in, so he thought what he was saying could be true? Perhaps he shouldn't have said it, I don't know. That's not going to lose us points though is it.

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like shit by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

I can normally roll with the ridiculous punches that this regime has thrown out, but it's starting to wear a little too thin for me now.

What did he say before the mackems game thats landed him in bother?

The FA have charged him with improper conduct for saying baldy cunt needed to be neutral for the mackem game and to make sure Barton was treated fairly. Laughable.

Guest Roger Kint

What did he say before the mackems game thats landed him in bother?

Wanted the ref to be strong and do his job, something to do with Barton iirc

Quit SJP and become a hero  :thup:

No wonder Barton and Nolan left, maybe they were onto something.

I'd rather he remains a villan than become a martyr, leaving us up shit creek without a paddle. Bigger pciture and all that.

Give me a break, I do not classify lying to the fans on a contant basis 'decent job'. If you can't do something, just say it, why is the need to constantly lie to your customers [fans, etc.]!?

It was the Carrol sale, it was the re-investment in the squad, it was the striker that we are waiting for a month now to get him 'over the line'.. It is unfair to all of us and it is not acceptable - that's not a decent human being in the first place, nor a decent manager for one of the Top5 clubs in England!

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like shit by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

I can normally roll with the ridiculous punches that this regime has thrown out, but it's starting to wear a little too thin for me now.

The stuff that's happening with SJP is a complete joke, making us a laughing stock, there's no two ways about that. I'm not a fan of Llambias or Ashley at all, but I just don't think Pardew has done anything wrong really. There's only so much he's able to do with the cretins above him, but as far as I can see he's doing it well. We've got a good new full back in, and still have Ben Arfa to come back, who'll most likely become one of our best players. I think we'll probably finish 9th-11th in the league, which wouldn't be a bad season, will probably depend on what happens in January though.

The stuff that's happening with SJP is a complete joke, making us a laughing stock, there's no two ways about that. I'm not a fan of Llambias or Ashley at all, but I just don't think Pardew has done anything wrong really. There's only so much he's able to do with the cretins above him, but as far as I can see he's doing it well. We've got a good new full back in, and still have Ben Arfa to come back, who'll most likely become one of our best players. I think we'll probably finish 9th-11th in the league, which wouldn't be a bad season, will probably depend on what happens in January though.

i'll tell you what he did wrong. his phone rang.... someone told him that nufc were gonna push out chris hughton at the next opportunity and asked if he'd like to become the next person to pick the team, that he'd have no say on incomings or outgoings and that no matter what happened he wasnt allowed to question the running of the club in public in any way. then he said yes, i'd like to do that. he did that wrong.

Guest Rainforest

You think people would be more positive if he just told it as it is? "I have no idea what MA and DL will do, but I hope they will provide another striker, I'm keeping my fingers crossed"

Short answer: yes

Long answer: At least we wouldnt have been decieved all summer waiting for a player that was never going to arrive.

Now is time to quit Alan, and tell the world about what has been going on. Make the managers job so that nobody else wants it until fat mike goes.

What a great idea, you help Alan clear out his office and I'll get on the phone to Dave Bassett or Colin Todd or even Kinnear. Probably the stupidest post in weeks.